+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal PR documents for U.S. Resident

adi92

Star Member
Jul 19, 2018
Hi All,

We are finalizing documents for my Spouse who is an Indian citizen residing in U.S.A on a H1B work permit. I am a Canadian PR. As I understand for Indian spouses residing in India, applicants are asked to fill IMM 5562 - Supplemental information of travel, but when we use the document checklist for our application, for the question where Spouse is residing we enter USA and for do you need to submit documents for another country we enter India) below is the info we get. We cannot see IMM 5562, do we still need to submit it?

Get your checklist, forms and instructions
Who are you sponsoring? (required)Make your selection...My spouse (and dependent children, if this applies)My common-law partner (and dependent children, if this applies)My conjugal partner (and dependent children, if this applies)My dependent child only
What country does the person being sponsored reside in? (required) Help text
Select a country

United States of America
Do you need to submit documents issued by another country? Help text
Select a country or territory to get country-specific instructions for documents such as:
  • passports
  • birth certificates
  • marriage or divorce certificates
  • national identification cards
  • military service documents (for example, military booklets)
  • other civil documents
India

Requirements – Spouse and dependent children (if applicable)
As of February 14, 2018, we’ve improved this application package based on your feedback. Revised guides and checklists are now available below. Find out more about what we’ve changed.
Application guide
Checklist
Forms for the sponsor to fill out
For the person being sponsored (principal applicant):
Country specific requirements
United States of America - Additional forms for residents

• There are no extra forms for this country.
United States of America – Instruction(s) for documents
  • There are currently no special instructions for documents for this country.
India – Instruction(s) for documents
  • Send photocopies unless instructed otherwise
  • Identity documents for adopted child with Indian passport:If any child on your application was adopted through customary law and not through courts, you must provide an explanation and proof of the adoption, such as:
    • A copy of the original adoption deed;
    • Photographs of the adoption ceremony;
    • Power of attorney documents, if applicable;
    • Evidence of contact and financial support with adoptive parents;
    • Letter of no objection from the Central Adoption Resource Agency (CARA), Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of India. The guidelines which outline CARA requirements can be found at: www.cara.nic.in
    • For international adoptions, the competent authority of the child's residence and province of intended destination must declare in writing that they approve of the adoption as conforming to the Hague Convention.
  • Birth certificates issued in this country:If a birth is registered late, include a copy of the original baptism certificate and copies of other original documents establishing identity such as:
    • Old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation/secondary school certificate), and
    • Voter's ID card.
  • For divorces obtained in this country, please submit copies of a complete divorce petition, a judgment and a final divorce decree.

Picxie

Star Member
May 8, 2017
I had the same question: were you able to get any information regarding this? I am a PA from India, residing in Canada(in spousal sponsorship). Do I have to attach travel history? I never spent more than 6 months outside Canada, except Canada.
What documents did you provide for Indian docs checklist part? Birth certificate, tenth Marksheet?