+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal OWP Refused

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
Dear all,

I applied online for my spouse OWP on Nov 3.
I included all the required documents plus additional documents along with my employment offer letters even from my old employees.
Myself here in Canada, I am on PGWP and right now employed with a reputed Telecom operator under skilled category.
I am not sure why the visa officer has refused her saying he is not sure that I am employed.
Its the only point he has raised. I am up for 2nd application now. I just need to know what kind of other documents should we include
which could confirm my employment other than employment offer.
2ndly, should I reapply with same documents (Marriage proof, property docs, bank statements etc) or I should keep it simple as it was last time.
Would appreciate any reviews on this.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The employment offer letter only proves that the employer offered to hire you. It doesn't prove that you are actually working there. You should include pay stubbs to prove you are currently working for your company. You should also obtain a new letter from HR that confirms you are an employee, your title and your salary.

sandeepdev

Star Member
May 16, 2013
scylla said:
The employment offer letter only proves that the employer offered to hire you. It doesn't prove that you are actually working there. You should include pay stubbs to prove you are currently working for your company. You should also obtain a new letter from HR that confirms you are an employee, your title and your salary.
boss u shud attach all ur T4 slips and pay slips thats will confirm ur current employment
best of luck

Rajan Grover

May 27, 2013
se7en said:
Dear all,

I applied online for my spouse OWP on Nov 3.
I included all the required documents plus additional documents along with my employment offer letters even from my old employees.
Myself here in Canada, I am on PGWP and right now employed with a reputed Telecom operator under skilled category.
I am not sure why the visa officer has refused her saying he is not sure that I am employed.
Its the only point he has raised. I am up for 2nd application now. I just need to know what kind of other documents should we include
which could confirm my employment other than employment offer.
2ndly, should I reapply with same documents (Marriage proof, property docs, bank statements etc) or I should keep it simple as it was last time.
Would appreciate any reviews on this.
Your spouse is in your home country or he/she is with you in Canada.

How long have you been working there in your current job.

Regards
Rajan

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
Thank you folks.
I got a letter today from my HR department which mentions my job title and pay.
I also got my 1st pay stub today.
I think I should re-apply as and should I upload the same documents as I did for 1st application i.e (wedding proof, property etc etc)?

Rajan Grover

May 27, 2013
se7en said:
Thank you folks.
I got a letter today from my HR department which mentions my job title and pay.
I also got my 1st pay stub today.
I think I should re-apply as and should I upload the same documents as I did for 1st application i.e (wedding proof, property etc etc)?
Dude..

i am also in the same situation could please let me know.

1,is your spouse in home country or in canada.

2,how long are u in your current jobs.

3,what are the documents u have attached with your application.

Your answer's would be appreciated .

Regards
Rajan

yantaicalgary

Nov 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
Oct 3,2014
did you receive the refusal via email or mail? I submitted online on Oct 16th, nothing yet.
I think as long as you have something that confirm you are currectlly employed, you should be ok.

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
Yes she is back home. We applied online.
For my current job, its been only weeks. I provided my offer letter only as I did not have pay stubs at time, I also provided offer letter from my previous job and pay stubs.
I submitted marriage certificate, property docs, bank statement ($14K) in my name, my PGWP copy and thats it.

I have re applied the same day of refusal with job proof letter from my hr and pay stub. This time I typed a cover letter, I have mentioned the NOC under which my job falls and provided a page of NOC skills matrix. thats it.

Whats your case?

Rajan Grover said:
Dude..

i am also in the same situation could please let me know.

1,is your spouse in home country or in canada.

2,how long are u in your current jobs.

3,what are the documents u have attached with your application.

Your answer's would be appreciated .

Regards
Rajan

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
yantaicalgary said:
did you receive the refusal via email or mail? I submitted online on Oct 16th, nothing yet.
I think as long as you have something that confirm you are currectlly employed, you should be ok.
It was through email as we applied online. I provided my offer letter but unfortunately it didn't work.
I have re-applied with a letter from my HR and pay stub. Now, hoping for the best.
All the best with your application, hope you will hear something by next week.

Rajan Grover

May 27, 2013
se7en said:
Yes she is back home. We applied online.
For my current job, its been only weeks. I provided my offer letter only as I did not have pay stubs at time, I also provided offer letter from my previous job and pay stubs.
I submitted marriage certificate, property docs, bank statement ($14K) in my name, my PGWP copy and thats it.

I have re applied the same day of refusal with job proof letter from my hr and pay stub. This time I typed a cover letter, I have mentioned the NOC under which my job falls and provided a page of NOC skills matrix. thats it.

Whats your case?
My case is my spouse about to apply the PGWP..

I just need to ask if she has the job offer .. can she apply my owp while i m in my home country with the same application or another application.

or the situation would be first she would apply after receive her permit ..then i will be eligible to apply my owp in my home country or online.

Please suggest .

Regards
Rajan

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
I believe it would be better of she applies for both work permits. There is an option for this.
Ask her to to apply for you as well and provide her job details with the help of a letter from HR, pay stubs and a short cover letter from her.
you are good to go man. All the best with your application.