+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal open work permit

ratiffy

Star Member
Nov 22, 2012
Hello to everybody...

Does anyone know how long does the spousal open work permit is processed here in the Philippines?
And how will I know or be assured that my papers or documents are with the Canadian embassy in Manila?
Shared information and/or details will be highly appreciated. Thank you so much.

My timeline is:
July 13, 2012 - pick up date of application
July 31, 2012 - medical request received
August 13, 2012 - medical exam done
September 10, 2012 - medical papers sent to CEM
Present... - still waiting for news or info from the embassy

ratiffy

Star Member
Nov 22, 2012
In tagalog and English...

Para po sa mga pinoy:

Tumawag na po ako sa embassy... Ang sabi po nila on process pa rin daw po papers ko... Sabi po nung nakausap ko minimum of 8 weeks daw po ang processing from the time na nareceive ng embassy yung papers ko. Not counting from the pick up date. I think from the submission ng medical papers ko po sa embassy. Anyway I am assured na nasa embassy na po papers ko & is on process. Pag may problema daw po sa papers ko or kung may kulang daw po tatawagan daw po ako ng embassy. So far wala pa naman po. Haay...? Mukhang dito po ako magpapasko baka pati new year... Haay... No white Christmas with hubby for me... Haay... Maybe God has a better plan... Anyway God is good... Ü kaya go lang ng go... Good vibes pa rin... (kahit nalulungkot po ako... Haay...)

In English:
I just called the embassy... They told me my application is still on process. They also told me it takes minimum of 8 weeks of processing from the time the embassy received my papers. Not counting from the pick up date. I think from the counting starts from the submission of the medical papers to the embassy. Anyway I am assured my documents are with the embassy & is on process. If there's a problem or if I need to submit other needed documents, the embassy will inform me & will give me a call. So far there are no problems with my papers (according to the person I talked to, & by the way she's very nice, kind & polite) and I haven't received any calls yet. Haay...? It looks like I'll be spending Christmas and most probably new year too here in the Philippines... Haay... No white Christmas with hubby for me... Haay... Maybe God has a better plan... Anyway God is good... Ü life has to go on... Good vibes... (although I can't deny I'm sad... Haay...)

ratiffy

Star Member
Nov 22, 2012
It's been 12 weeks and 2 days since my medical papers were sent to Canadian embassy in Manila.
Still no updates, texts, calls or information from the embassy...
My application has turned 5 months already, still nothing...

canadahelp7

Sep 3, 2011
ratiffy said:
It's been 12 weeks and 2 days since my medical papers were sent to Canadian embassy in Manila.
Still no updates, texts, calls or information from the embassy...
My application has turned 5 months already, still nothing...
rattify,

Sorry to hear it is taking this long and I wish the journey is not far away!
Is your husband a PR or on work permit ? It will help me understand if I can initiate the same process

thankyou!

ratiffy

Star Member
Nov 22, 2012
canadahelp7 said:
rattify,

Sorry to hear it is taking this long and I wish the journey is not far away!
Is your husband a PR or on work permit ? It will help me understand if I can initiate the same process

thankyou!
@ canadahelP7:

Hi.
Thank you so much for your reply. I really appreciate it.
My husband is on a work permit.
Is there a difference if he is a PR holder or on a work permit if I the spouse will apply for the spousal open work permit?
Will the processing be faster if he is a PR?
Your shared information will be of great help. Thank you so much.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
If your husband is a PR you must have an Inland spouse sponsorship application past Stage 1 to get a OWP.

If he's a worker, make sure his NOC qualifies.

ratiffy

Star Member
Nov 22, 2012
amikety said:
If your husband is a PR you must have an Inland spouse sponsorship application past Stage 1 to get a OWP.

If he's a worker, make sure his NOC qualifies.
@ amikety:
Hi.
Thank you for the reply.
My husband is under the skilled worker category. Though I don't remember which NOC he is in.
I believe he does qualify. But is there a possibility I get denied?
Because I've read in a thread that there were applicants under spousal open work permit who got denied.
I'm starting to have cold feet for this time is crucial. The waiting game has begun.
My application has turned 5 months already since my pick up date. Until now there are no updates or whatsoever.
I'm just hoping and praying for the best.

canadahelp7

Sep 3, 2011
Thanks for getting back to me, ratiffy.
Ah so is he on a post graduation work permit? or an employer driven WP?
I think it does not matter if it is either but I was hoping to make sure.

I looked up the processing time and it says 5 months - you are almost there hun, I hope you hear some good news really soon!
Please do keep us updated!
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp/workers.asp

ratiffy

Star Member
Nov 22, 2012
canadahelp7 said:
Thanks for getting back to me, ratiffy.
Ah so is he on a post graduation work permit? or an employer driven WP?
I think it does not matter if it is either but I was hoping to make sure.

I looked up the processing time and it says 5 months - you are almost there hun, I hope you hear some good news really soon!
Please do keep us updated!
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp/workers.asp
@ canadahelp7:
Hello Ma'am / Sir:

Thank you so much for keeping me updated and patiently answering my queries. I really appreciate it.

So the processing of spousal open work permit is really 5 months. Because before I sent my application I was told that the earliest is and will be 3 months. But when I passed by my third month I started getting worried and anxious. Anyway now it is really 5 months or more. So I guess I just have to wait patiently.

Yes, my husband is on an employer work permit with LMO when he applied here in the Philippines then.

I'll be keeping in touch and keep the forum updated of my application's progress.
Thank you so much.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
ratiffy said:
Hello everyone...

I got my visa today...
It arrived today...
Thank God! Ü
Congrats! :D

canadahelp7

Sep 3, 2011
ratiffy said:
Hello everyone...

I got my visa today...
It arrived today...
Thank God! Ü
Hey - thats awesome! God is great!
On a lighter note, they wanted you to complete the 5 month period so they can justify the processing time they post online :))

You just got an early christmas gift - pack your bags and join your husband soon!

I will be back to ask more questions as I am looking to do the same so my partner can join me here.

ratiffy

Star Member
Nov 22, 2012
canadahelp7 said:
Hey - thats awesome! God is great!
On a lighter note, they wanted you to complete the 5 month period so they can justify the processing time they post online :))

You just got an early christmas gift - pack your bags and join your husband soon!

I will be back to ask more questions as I am looking to do the same so my partner can join me here.
Thank you.
Yes, truly God answers prayers.
It's an early Christmas gift, alright. And I love it. Praise God for his goodness and blessings!
O yes... I have to prepare myself and all the things I need to pack...
I can't wait to see and be with my husband for the holiday.
Uh-oh... So I guess I have to fasten my seatbelts for those questions... Hehehe!ü
Kidding aside. As long as I know the answers for your questions I'd gladly be of help.
Anyway I hope you'll be reunited with your partner in the near future.
Be safe and God bless. Ü

ratiffy

Star Member
Nov 22, 2012
Hello po.
Magandang umaga po from Baguio.
Musta po ang mga applicant ng spousal open work permit?
Sa mga nakatanggap po ng maagang paChristmas ni Lord, congrats po!
Sa mga naghihintay pa rin po, konting hintay at pasensya na lang po at darating din po yan. Ü
Merry Christmas and happy new year po sa lahat !
Ingat po kayo lagi.
God is good all the time! Ü

In English:
Hello.
Good morning from Baguio.
How are the applicants for the spousal open work permit doing?
For those who received their early Christmas gift from the Lord, congratulations!
For those who are still waiting, wait and be patient for a little while for surely that will come.
Merry Christmas and happy new year everyone.
Take care always.
God is good all the time.