+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Open Work Permit Rejection

dsouzasandy

Feb 22, 2024
My spouse and I came to Canada on a combined application – Me through study permit, and my spouse on an open work permit. After completing my studies, I applied for a PGWP, and my spouse applied for an extension to their open work permit. My PGWP application is still being processed, but my spouse's application for the open work permit extension was refused citing this reason - You have not provided sufficient evidence to prove that your spouse is employed in an occupation that falls within the required TEER category for an open work permit. She is currently working in a TEER 1 position. Her current work permit will expire next month. I have submitted a web form to reconsider the decision, but I am not optimistic about them reviewing it very soon. We have already applied for permanent residency. I am kindly seeking help and suggestions so that IRCC can re-consider the decision quickly.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My spouse and I came to Canada on a combined application – Me through study permit, and my spouse on an open work permit. After completing my studies, I applied for a PGWP, and my spouse applied for an extension to their open work permit. My PGWP application is still being processed, but my spouse's application for the open work permit extension was refused citing this reason - You have not provided sufficient evidence to prove that your spouse is employed in an occupation that falls within the required TEER category for an open work permit. She is currently working in a TEER 1 position. Her current work permit will expire next month. I have submitted a web form to reconsider the decision, but I am not optimistic about them reviewing it very soon. We have already applied for permanent residency. I am kindly seeking help and suggestions so that IRCC can re-consider the decision quickly.
This is not about her job. You are the one that must provide proof of employment with job letter and paystubs for her to be eligible.