+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship withdraw

gkar68

Feb 17, 2010
Hi
I submitted application for family sponsorship to my wife.
for last two weeks, my wife and I had serious issues in our relationship that I sent a request to withdraw the sponsorship.
But for last two weeks, we talked more and solved all the issues, and I want to resume the sponsorship process now.
Two weeks ago, I sent request of withdrawal to Mississauga, and to the embassy in my country, but I didn't get any reply yet.
Do you know if it is possible to resume the process, and what should I do?

Thanks a lot for the help

bood82

Nov 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2010
iam sure the documents got there, the processing usually just takes time. I think the best way would be to call and explain your situation to them and then go from there.

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
Expect that there are going to be serious issues, now, with establishing your "genuine relationship" - since you chose to bring CIC into your marital problems. Every couple has fights - most sponsors don't make a formal withdrawal of their sponsorship application just because they have a fight with their wife. The fact that you did that indicates a pretty serious rift in the relationship and, in order for your wife to be an eligible applicant, you have to be in right relationship together. In addition, if a relationship is not a genuine one - in other words, it's one that's only about the foreign national getting into Canada - it could be surmised that there are additional stresses on the relationship that would lead to breakdown. It's my personal opinion that this factors into the long wait times for PR. Having basically shown an inclination to "give up" on the relationship through withdrawing your sponsorship is going to add to what they already, automatically, suspect is a relationship that's just about getting into Canada . . . cause that's what they suspect of everyone until it's proven otherwise. Sorry but you probably just made what's already an uphill battle a lot more intense. You may even end up having to start a whole new application. I don't know if you can withdraw the withdrawal of a sponsorship.

heatherusa

Mar 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-04-2010
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
gkar68 said:
Hi
I submitted application for family sponsorship to my wife.
for last two weeks, my wife and I had serious issues in our relationship that I sent a request to withdraw the sponsorship.
But for last two weeks, we talked more and solved all the issues, and I want to resume the sponsorship process now.
Two weeks ago, I sent request of withdrawal to Mississauga, and to the embassy in my country, but I didn't get any reply yet.
Do you know if it is possible to resume the process, and what should I do?

Thanks a lot for the help
See the following thread..

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/search-results/-t41312.0.html;msg454337;topicseen#msg454337

Canceling sponsorship seems to be the fastest thing that Immigration does.

Sorry I dont have any good news for you.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
RobsLuv said:
Expect that there are going to be serious issues, now, with establishing your "genuine relationship" - since you chose to bring CIC into your marital problems. Every couple has fights - most sponsors don't make a formal withdrawal of their sponsorship application just because they have a fight with their wife. The fact that you did that indicates a pretty serious rift in the relationship and, in order for your wife to be an eligible applicant, you have to be in right relationship together. In addition, if a relationship is not a genuine one - in other words, it's one that's only about the foreign national getting into Canada - it could be surmised that there are additional stresses on the relationship that would lead to breakdown. It's my personal opinion that this factors into the long wait times for PR. Having basically shown an inclination to "give up" on the relationship through withdrawing your sponsorship is going to add to what they already, automatically, suspect is a relationship that's just about getting into Canada . . . cause that's what they suspect of everyone until it's proven otherwise. Sorry but you probably just made what's already an uphill battle a lot more intense. You may even end up having to start a whole new application. I don't know if you can withdraw the withdrawal of a sponsorship.
Agreed!

gkar68
Sad news for you, but your options are limited my friend. Good Luck!