App. Filed.......
01-06-2008
Passport Req..
20-07-2008
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2008
LANDED..........
01-10-2008
I’m new to this forum and I hope someone can guide us in the right direction. I’m Swedish citizen and my wife is Canadian. We both live in the United States since 4 years back. We have decided to move to Canada within the near future.

Now to the question – how can my wife sponsor me from outside the country? My wife has not have an income for 12 month, she doesn’t have job offer in Canada or other proof of “intention to return to Canada”. My in-laws live in Canada – is it possible for my in-laws to co-sign a sponsor application?

Does anyone have some experience of this process? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!

T

TaaDow

A Canadian Citizen can sponsor their spouse while residing anywhere in the world. The only thing required is some form of proof that the sponsor intends to return to Canada once the process is complete.

Proof can include:
Lease or Purchase agreement for planned residence
Job offer letters
Letter from family/friends that will provide accomodation if applicable

But overall there is very little emphasis put on this point.

GK

Dec 18, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2008
Passport Req..
20-07-2008
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2008
LANDED..........
01-10-2008
Thanks "TaaDow" for your help. Would you think a letter from my wife's former employer in Canada, stating she would be offered a job once she return to Canada is enough. This would not be a job offer per say, but would proof she would get a job whenever we move to Canada.

T

TaaDow

Couldn't Hurt...

Again, proof of intent to return to Canada is a very minor point as it is very hard to prove.