+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship through Bogota 2015-2016

jorlandoj82

Star Member
Mar 16, 2016
It's been 3 weeks since the interview and no information / email/ calls. We are also getting anxious because we would love to be back in Canada for Xmas. Humblee ,any information for you? Have they called or contacted you for passport?

Liiaa

Dec 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ms.C said:
Liia - do you have your passport back yet?

My husband's passport has been at the BOG embassy since November 1st and our anxiety has just about gone through the roof. We live in Central Asia so being in a third country for this long without a passport has been very concerning. Big prayers that your passport gets returned to you very soon if it hasn't already! We're hoping to travel to Canada on December 16th (no way we could wait until the return of the passport to book the tickets from here for the Christmas season - he only has until Jan. 27 to enter). Fingers crossed that we'll be on that plane!

I wish I had found this forum earlier. It's so nice to see other people who understand how painful this process can be. After months and months of paperwork and an enormous sum of money we're grateful to finally see the end of the PR process. We're hoping for a Christmas miracle! We haven't been able to enter together Canada since we got married over three years ago and have been living in the Middle East and Central Asia since there. The plan is to surprise my family for the holidays - it could be the best Christmas ever :)
Greetings Ms.C no, unfortunately my passport hasn't been returned yet. Its been sitting in Bogota since it arrived in late Oct. My husband and are starting to worry and wondering why it's taking so long. I will be flying back in January if everything goes well, and I get passport back, sometime this month. Good luck to you and let us kow when you get yours.

Liiaa

Dec 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jorlandoj82 said:
It's been 3 weeks since the interview and no information / email/ calls. We are also getting anxious because we would love to be back in Canada for Xmas. Humblee ,any information for you? Have they called or contacted you for passport?
Hi Jorlandoj82. I didn't get any answers until July. Three months after my interview. And my representative never got that email so technically I knew about it in September when they sent a warning Email that I had 30 days to sent in the missing docs. So I would say be patient and wait it out a little bit longer. I know the waiting is the hardest part but have faith. Wishing you the best!

Ms.C

Nov 30, 2016
Liiaa said:
Greetings Ms.C no, unfortunately my passport hasn't been returned yet. Its been sitting in Bogota since it arrived in late Oct. My husband and are starting to worry and wondering why it's taking so long. I will be flying back in January if everything goes well, and I get passport back, sometime this month. Good luck to you and let us kow when you get yours.
We haven't gotten any responses to our e-mails (neither has our immigration consultant or my MP) so we just called the embassy in Bogota and spoke to an operator. My husband's passport has been at the embassy for 5 weeks now and we're devastated about the amount of time it's taking considering that we live in Central Asian Country X and it's illegal for foreigners to be here without a passport and work visa. The operator of course couldn't give any information but said that the visa could be printed "by the end of this year or early next year" - o sea...no idea. He didn't consider 5 weeks to be outside of normal processing times. Seriously - how long can it possibly take to print a visa? How tall is their stack of passports? I'm praying for a Christmas miracle for us both, Liiaa.

Liiaa

Dec 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ms.C said:
We haven't gotten any responses to our e-mails (neither has our immigration consultant or my MP) so we just called the embassy in Bogota and spoke to an operator. My husband's passport has been at the embassy for 5 weeks now and we're devastated about the amount of time it's taking considering that we live in Central Asian Country X and it's illegal for foreigners to be here without a passport and work visa. The operator of course couldn't give any information but said that the visa could be printed "by the end of this year or early next year" - o sea...no idea. He didn't consider 5 weeks to be outside of normal processing times. Seriously - how long can it possibly take to print a visa? How tall is their stack of passports? I'm praying for a Christmas miracle for us both, Liiaa.
wow that's insane. I sure hope it doesn't drag on until next year. Wish you luck hun. And like what you said; why would they take so long to stamp a friggin passport jeez

Liiaa

Dec 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ms.c greetings :) any news for you guys yet? Looks like no passport back for us until the new year..... we decided anyhow to spend Xmas here in Ecuador and fly back next month when tickets aren't so expensive. How is everyone else doing?

JJ628

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17th, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 17th, 2016
File Transfer...
SA: Mar-22-2016 / AOR2: Apr-05-2016
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
Liiaa said:
Ms.c greetings :) any news for you guys yet? Looks like no passport back for us until the new year..... we decided anyhow to spend Xmas here in Ecuador and fly back next month when tickets aren't so expensive. How is everyone else doing?
Hi Liiaa!! I'm landing on April, my husband's boss is relocating him back to Ontario next month. So that sort of pushed a bit our plans back. Does any of you know if we have to inform that to CIC?
Hope all of you hear news soon and that you that you're all able to spend these holidays with your loved ones!!

jorlandoj82

Star Member
Mar 16, 2016
Nothing for us either. I will be flying solo. We still have heard one peep from the embassy. We are still waiting for them to ask for the passport. It's very sad. We were hoping for a Xmas miracle. Embassy seems to have slowed down quite a bit

Liiaa

Dec 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JJ628 said:
Hi Liiaa!! I'm landing on April, my husband's boss is relocating him back to Ontario next month. So that sort of pushed a bit our plans back. Does any of you know if we have to inform that to CIC?
Hope all of you hear news soon and that you that you're all able to spend these holidays with your loved ones!!
Gtreetings JJ at this point I don't think it's necessary to inform that to cic. Unless you were applying through Quebec before? We will be spending Xmas here since my passport is still in Bogota, but if I get by in January then we will fly within two weeks of receiving it. You will land right on spring how nice :) I will go during the coldest months.......
jorlandoj82 said:
Nothing for us either. I will be flying solo. We still have heard one peep from the embassy. We are still waiting for them to ask for the passport. It's very sad. We were hoping for a Xmas miracle. Embassy seems to have slowed down quite a bit
Hello Jorlandoj82. I feel the same way. My nephew got through so quickly a few months back, now it just feels like they lost control and slowed down for whatever reasons. So frustrating. I will be flying back with our kids but they're Canadians, so it's my passport I'm waiting on.....I sent my passport around Oct 21st and I'm still waiting for it almost two months later. :( hope you all have a merry Christmas!!!! And don't lose hope, the end of the beginning is almost near :)

Ms.C

Nov 30, 2016
Liiaa said:
YES. We have the passport back but only because we begged and moved heaven and earth to get it back. We sent 2 e-mails to the embassy, our immigration consultant sent two, my MP sent one, and we had the support of the Canadian ambassador in the country where we live. We called the embassy once. NO RESPONSE. Again, we sent so many urgent requests because it is illegal for my husband to be in this country without his passport and he was at risk.

What finally worked was we sent my father-in-law to the embassy in Bogota to beg on our behalf. He has power of attorney. I guess they were tired of hearing form us at that point and issues the visa that day. The passport and landing papers are now safely in our possession in Central Asia.

Go ahead and BUG them, guys. Really. It is absolutely unacceptable to hold someone's most essential document for that long! It is unacceptable that we, the applicants, have no voice and no access to our own personal information.

This application process has caused us so much unnecessary stress and separation and has stripped us of so, so much. So much money, so much time, so much everything. Hopefully CIC won't be able to cause us any more pain.

My heart is with you all. I know how much is invested in this. Fingers crossed for all of you that it will be over soon!

Liiaa

Dec 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm happy you finally got yours back. I just spoke with hubby and we will contact Bogota and see if we get MP involved. It's ridiculous that two months have passed and my passport is still being held there. Wish you all a safe landing and enjoy the holidays with your loved ones.

jorlandoj82

Star Member
Mar 16, 2016
We finally got the email we have been waiting for. We are sending in her passport tomorrow. We are so happy. Does anyone know the typical waiting period to get the passport back?

sponsoring123

Nov 1, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 8th, 2016
Doc's Request.
November 1st, 2016
AOR Received.
October 20th, 2016
File Transfer...
October 14th, 2016
Med's Done....
March 24, 2016
Passport Req..
December 20th, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
January 11th, 2017
LANDED..........
February 3rd, 2017
Hello, just wanted to share. today We got an email asking for my wife's passport ! so she sent it immediately ! We are very excited, and can't believe how fast the whole thing has been. We sent the application on September 8th. it has been 3 months and 12 days !!!

by the way Jorlandoj, I just noticed you got the email as well today ! great !

Anyone knows how long will they take to send the passport back with the PRV ?

Liiaa

Dec 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jorlandoj82 said:
We finally got the email we have been waiting for. We are sending in her passport tomorrow. We are so happy. Does anyone know the typical waiting period to get the passport back?
sponsoring123 said:
Hello, just wanted to share. today We got an email asking for my wife's passport ! so she sent it immediately ! We are very excited, and can't believe how fast the whole thing has been. We sent the application on September 8th. it has been 3 months and 12 days !!!

by the way Jorlandoj, I just noticed you got the email as well today ! great !

Anyone knows how long will they take to send the passport back with the PRV ?
Congrats guys :) someone from Colombia might be better off answering that. I am in Ecuador and have been waiting two months now for my passport and nothing. Hope you guys get yours quicker. Good luck.

jorlandoj82

Star Member
Mar 16, 2016
Sponsoring 123 in so happy for you. Let's hope we both can get that back soon. Keep me posted to when you get it. We are hoping my wife can come by the end of January.