+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

sponsorship of parents and grandparents for Canadian Permanent Residence

QC1985

Jan 14, 2014
Hi All,

I am in the process of sponsoring my parents (father is the main sponsored person + mother) to move to Quebec.

Application Received by CIC: Dec 11 2009
Decision made by CIC: Jan 10 2014

I should receive the letter by mail this week and hopefully it will be positive so will then apply for CSQ for them.

My question is, how long should I expect to wait before they get the approval for CSQ and then the transfer to the Beirut office (they live in Lebanon) ? Any educated guess would help.

Thanks!

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How did you pay? Did CIC charge on your credit card yet?

nina.roy said:
Of course I still don't know if my application will get rejected or not. I am still hopeful. You guys in this forum who claim to be "experts" are by no means an immigration officer, so you cannot predict how my application will fare during initial or final assessment. CIC have been incredibly unfair to people in our boat because they have been claiming all this while that they need income proof for 3 years preceding the date of application, and based on that I have been preparing and meticulously collecting pay stubs, bank statement etc for months now. I do hope my application gets counted towards the 5000 cap and gets processed based on 2013 income! And I by no means am any less deserving to sponsor my parents than those who are submitting 2010+2011+2012 income proof!

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
zstudent said:
Hi Guys,

Great news here regarding my parents sponsorship case that I filed in 2009, Islamabad has sent the attached PHEP letter asking to submit passports with a note saying "your immigrant visa appears ready for issuance"
Is there a way we can send them the passports without my parents having to visit Pakistan (parents are in Canada on supervisa)? or can we ask someone going to Pakistan to take the passports and courier it to CHC Islamabad and then send it back to us when the visas are stamped?

Because they are saying in the letter "our office cannot send passports overseas, you must provide an address in Pakistan to where a courier company can deliver" also they are saying "Do not send passports through international courier if you are not currently in Pakistan"

thanks a lot again
Safest is to have someone send it with auth letter and bring it back. This is what I did, writing from HK airport on my way to Vancouver after picking their passport from Inida. But in our case, passport was in ND and came stamped with visa and CPR so I had to just grab it

roop15

Jan 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2009
Doc's Request.
march 2012
File Transfer...
march 2014
Med's Request
nov 2014
Med's Done....
dec 2014
Interview........
inprocess-07-05-15
Passport Req..
decision made on 22-05-15
VISA ISSUED...
waiting for information
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
QC1985 said:
Hi All,

I am in the process of sponsoring my parents (father is the main sponsored person + mother) to move to Quebec.

Application Received by CIC: Dec 11 2009
Decision made by CIC: Jan 10 2014

I should receive the letter by mail this week and hopefully it will be positive so will then apply for CSQ for them.

My question is, how long should I expect to wait before they get the approval for CSQ and then the transfer to the Beirut office (they live in Lebanon) ? Any educated guess would help.

Thanks!
well ur timeline seems very fast processing of ur case...
m also waiting for the response from the.
my sis applied in june 2009 and still waiting for medical request..

koonisr

Jan 28, 2014
I am still filling an application to sponsor my father who is on visitor visa in Canada. After reading this forum, i found out that I can choose CPP-O as my visa post.
thank you for that.
But my question is about financial Evaluation form. Q.15 and Q.18 ask for gross income for period in the employment history. what should I enter here. Is the income of 2012 or gross income for 2010,2011,2012?

very confused.

Thanks

koonisr

Jan 28, 2014
sponsorship of parents and grandparents for Canadian Permanent Residence

In Q. 15 And Q.18 it also ask the family size. If I put 4 in both boxes, will they count it as 8 family plus my parents would be 10?

why does this has to be so difficult.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
koonisr said:
I am still filling an application to sponsor my father who is on visitor visa in Canada. After reading this forum, i found out that I can choose CPP-O as my visa post.
thank you for that.
But my question is about financial Evaluation form. Q.15 and Q.18 ask for gross income for period in the employment history. what should I enter here. Is the income of 2012 or gross income for 2010,2011,2012?

very confused.

Thanks
Only if he can stay for 1 year min (not assuming ext ), ultimate decision is with CIC-M regardless of what u put, if they need local knowledge, file goes to home country

koonisr

Jan 28, 2014
He has 3 years visitor visa and we will apply for supervisa next month as well.
Also, Can you reply to my other post about q.15 and q18. on financial evaluation form.

should I put gross income of 2012 or all three tears. ?

user828 said:
Only if he can stay for 1 year min (not assuming ext ), ultimate decision is with CIC-M regardless of what u put, if they need local knowledge, file goes to home country

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
koonisr said:
He has 3 years visitor visa and we will apply for supervisa next month as well.
Also, Can you reply to my other post about q.15 and q18. on financial evaluation form.

should I put gross income of 2012 or all three tears. ?
3 year multiple visa, means he can live upto 6 months if no date was stamped. Then you extend his visa and you can do upto 2 years ( showing meds and insurance ), you don;t need to apply for supervisa if he is already here. I did reply 2012 earlier

koonisr

Jan 28, 2014
Thank you,
If My family is four with my husband and 2 children. when I sponsor my father only and mother not accompanying,still the current undertaking count would be 6, is this correct?

Thanks,

user828 said:
3 year multiple visa, means he can live upto 6 months if no date was stamped. Then you extend his visa and you can do upto 2 years ( showing meds and insurance ), you don;t need to apply for supervisa if he is already here. I did reply 2012 earlier

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
koonisr said:
Thank you,
If My family is four with my husband and 2 children. when I sponsor my father only and mother not accompanying,still the current undertaking count would be 6, is this correct?

Thanks,
Yes

Any reason that you are not sponsoring mother?

koonisr

Jan 28, 2014
She is not interested in Moving out of her own country. She has traveled to Canada few times, and didn't like it here.

Thanks

user828 said:
Yes

Any reason that you are not sponsoring mother?

imoulvi

Jan 7, 2014
So people I was charged $1100 about a week ago. I guess they found my application complete and this is the same guy who had scanned signatures!! Just wondering if any other people on this forum got charged too.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
imoulvi said:
So people I was charged $1100 about a week ago. I guess they found my application complete and this is the same guy who had scanned signatures!!
Your app now was just being checked for completeness, and that's it. People with LICO's not meeting the required amount are also being accepted, just because they included last 3 NOAs.

So "if" CIC will be rejecting apps for scanned signatures, it will be during the actual stage 1 processing when a real visa officer reviews and analyzes the file. This could be later this year, in 2015, or 2016. Nobody really knows.

Unfortunately for anyone who submitted "questionable" documents, if CIC takes their time to review the new applications it could be well into 2015 before there is a decision made to reject them or not, meaning anyone who is eventually rejected could miss out on submitting a proper app in Jan 2015.

pb08

Oct 22, 2011
hello everybody,
i am starting to apply for my parents-in-law PR.

question 1: The form IM 1344 (application to sponsor) is not downloading. it just says to "Please wait.......download adobe" i downloaded the latest version and still doesnt show anything. how do i get that form? Also, other forms are pretty much visible and fillable from the adobe reader i have.

question 2: So if i'm sending all the documents in the checklist to mississauga, do i need to attach PCC for my in-laws? or if they would ask for it later?
PCC from india takes long time - i was wondering if i could fill all the forms, get them filled and signed by my in-laws from india and get it back and then send them. they dont ask for PCC and medicals in the checklist. wouldnt that be something to sent later on?

Question 3: me and my wife have been living together since Jan 2012. if i'm the co-signer, can i include my income for 2010,2011? or does it has to be for the years the wife and husband are together?
eligibility to sponsor is very stringent this time. it might sound that 5000 will fill up quickly but i dont think so. well pay stubs instead of NOA should work. but usually CIC looks at each case individually and a lot will depend on the authenticity of the employer issuing pay stubs as well.