+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

sponsorship of parents and grandparents for Canadian Permanent Residence

disisme

Jan 14, 2012
MrNobody said:
I am in the same boat as you. I'm going to send in my application with 2013 pay stubs and a letter from my employer confirming my 2013 pay in lieu of the 2013 Option C printouts. For the other two years, i.e. 2011 and 2012, I will include my Option C printouts.

It is unfair for CIC to ask for Option C's for 2010, as that means they are effectively raising the bar of income requirement to 4 years instead of 3 years according to the new rules. :eek:

As soon as I get my Option C for 2013, I will send that in-before they get back to me saying me application is incomplete, which will likely take 42 months according to the current timelines. :D
HA HA...my boat has lot of people my friend. Even my lawyer was also clueless what to do in this case. He suggested the same thing that u are doing. My only worried factor was what if they ll forfeit my processing fee which is $1040

mastersonicdog

Jan 1, 2014
canuck_in_uk said:
Yes, only your mother fills out the forms.

When CIC says all the family members who are 18 years of age, they are referring to dependents of the principal applicant that are included in the application.
We are sponsoring my mom and dad.i have 3 sisters ages 31,23,21. In the generic form application for canada, according to the instruction guide, it states you must put in any children u have whether they are coming with u or not..so i put my sisters there as dependents of my dad. On the same form, it has a question there that asks "how many people are in this application?"... do i put in 2 or 5? Did i do the form wrong?
Also, on background declaration, do i need to put separate forma for my sisters?thanks in advance.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
MrNobody said:
I am in the same boat as you. I'm going to send in my application with 2013 pay stubs and a letter from my employer confirming my 2013 pay in lieu of the 2013 Option C printouts. For the other two years, i.e. 2011 and 2012, I will include my Option C printouts.

It is unfair for CIC to ask for Option C's for 2010, as that means they are effectively raising the bar of income requirement to 4 years instead of 3 years according to the new rules. :eek:

As soon as I get my Option C for 2013, I will send that in-before they get back to me saying me application is incomplete, which will likely take 42 months according to the current timelines. :D
While you are certainly free to submit your application this way and hope for the best... realistically you should expect that your application will be returned as incomplete and you will need to wait until next year.

I believe CIC will be very strict about the rules, in that if you don't do everything exactly as they asked in the checklist (which states Option C or NOA only), your app is simply returned. There will most likely not be any leeway around this.

MrNobody

Oct 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
Rob_TO said:
While you are certainly free to submit your application this way and hope for the best... realistically you should expect that your application will be returned as incomplete and you will need to wait until next year.

I believe CIC will be very strict about the rules, in that if you don't do everything exactly as they asked in the checklist (which states Option C or NOA only), your app is simply returned. There will most likely not be any leeway around this.
If the app is returned, I will appeal. After all, the rules say we must submit proof of income for the 3 years immediately preceding the date of application. If CIC allows people who meet 2010 MNI requirements to submit their Option C's for that year, then it is essentially breaking its own rules and effectively raising the bar to demonstrate MNI from 3 to 4 years. This is fundamentally unfair to other applicants.

What would be the right way to implement the rules would be for CIC to insist on NoA's/Option C's for 2011, 2012 and 2013 only. 2010 MNI should not be considered. That way, everyone will apply sometime after the tax season starts and all applicants will be treated fairly.

MrNobody

Oct 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
disisme said:
HA HA...my boat has lot of people my friend. Even my lawyer was also clueless what to do in this case. He suggested the same thing that u are doing. My only worried factor was what if they ll forfeit my processing fee which is $1040
You won't forfeit $1040, only $75. Make sure you check the option where it says if you don't qualify, you want the application returned to you.

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm on the same boat. You will have to write on the forms. These new forms are suck.

tameez1985 said:
On Form IMM5768E Financial Evaluation, I am unable to fill in the box for question 9 "Total income available to sponsor". The Adobe reader is not allowing me to fill anything in and beeps everytime I try.

Anybody encountered this problem?

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Instruction Guide [IMM 5772]

Do I have to maintain a minimum income during the processing of the application?

Your Minimum Necessary Income must meet or exceed the Federal Income Table for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship above on the date on which the sponsorship application is signed until the day your family members are permanent residents.

Income may be reassessed at any time during processing if new information indicates that you may no longer meet the minimum income requirements or if more than 12 months have passed between the dates on which we receive your application and when processing of the application begins.

MrNobody said:

petersiddle28

Oct 12, 2013
mastersonicdog said:
We are sponsoring my mom and dad.i have 3 sisters ages 31,23,21. In the generic form application for canada, according to the instruction guide, it states you must put in any children u have whether they are coming with u or not..so i put my sisters there as dependents of my dad. On the same form, it has a question there that asks "how many people are in this application?"... do i put in 2 or 5? Did i do the form wrong?
Also, on background declaration, do i need to put separate forma for my sisters?thanks in advance.
2 folks, not 5

petersiddle28

Oct 12, 2013
scorpion_ca said:

Do I have to maintain a minimum income during the processing of the application?

Your Minimum Necessary Income must meet or exceed the Federal Income Table for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship above on the date on which the sponsorship application is signed until the day your family members are permanent residents.

Income may be reassessed at any time during processing if new information indicates that you may no longer meet the minimum income requirements or if more than 12 months have passed between the dates on which we receive your application and when processing of the application begins.
If you read original parents thread, lot of insight as these people are so smart - they ask for financial information of some folks who actually went down or EI or something so they do keep tabs. Regardless of 3 years, since this is a long ordeal, sponsors have to be in that zone till 3-4+ have elapsed and those file which go to New Delhi will have to fill these forms again as they have their own processing style
Mainly, if most of you notice the schedule A has note on provide activities for last 10 years or since age 18 but New Delhi like since age 18 on their specific forms so that delays some cases

MrNobody

Oct 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
scorpion_ca said:

Exactly. I do meet the MNI threshold for 2013, 2012 and 2011, but not 2010. Note that the income threshold must be maintained on the date of application submission and exactly 3 years prior. So if the application is submitted in 2014, you MUST meet MNI requirements for three prior taxation years, i.e. 2011, 2012 and 2013.

They CANNOT disqualify you for failing to meet MNI requirement for 2010, because it is 4 YEARS prior to date of submission of application.

casalim

Star Member
Mar 6, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2014
Hi
My parents are in Canada since 1 year. What should I put in Current Address in Form IMM 5669. Should i put India address or Canada Address.

Thanks in Advance.

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I totally understand your feelings but you will have to understand the reality/rules.

Can you submit NOA or Option C for 2013 at the time of submitting your application? I believe you cannot. Moreover, your income wasn't sufficient in 2010. As a result, your application might be returned by CIC. I am not here to judge. There is no problem to try your luck.

There are thousands of people, whose income is way over the minimum requirements since 2010 or earlier and they are eagerly waiting for this opportunity. Definitely, they will be in front of you in this lottery/game. Don't lose hope.

Best of luck.

MrNobody said:
Exactly. I do meet the MNI threshold for 2013, 2012 and 2011, but not 2010. Note that the income threshold must be maintained on the date of application submission and exactly 3 years prior. So if the application is submitted in 2014, you MUST meet MNI requirements for three prior taxation years, i.e. 2011, 2012 and 2013.

They CANNOT disqualify you for failing to meet MNI requirement for 2010, because it is 4 YEARS prior to date of submission of application.

petersiddle28

Oct 12, 2013
MrNobody said:

..till you appeal or question this, 5K will be long capped so you can argue the language but their own requirement displays 2010-2012 so if you don;t meet that, app will be returned. I think they meant to say preceding tax years as its blatantly obvious that no one will have it

But you can try, maybe they accept 2010-2102, and 2011-2013? who knows

petersiddle28

Oct 12, 2013
casalim said:
Hi
My parents are in Canada since 1 year. What should I put in Current Address in Form IMM 5669. Should i put India address or Canada Address.

Thanks in Advance.
If they have another 1 year left to stay then you can put Canadian and pick CPP-O, otherwise home country, technically its a visiting address not a permanent address

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
MrNobody said:
If the app is returned, I will appeal. After all, the rules say we must submit proof of income for the 3 years immediately preceding the date of application. If CIC allows people who meet 2010 MNI requirements to submit their Option C's for that year, then it is essentially breaking its own rules and effectively raising the bar to demonstrate MNI from 3 to 4 years. This is fundamentally unfair to other applicants.

What would be the right way to implement the rules would be for CIC to insist on NoA's/Option C's for 2011, 2012 and 2013 only. 2010 MNI should not be considered. That way, everyone will apply sometime after the tax season starts and all applicants will be treated fairly.
You cannot appeal a returned application. You can only appeal a refusal.