+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

sponsorship info...???

ha55an

Aug 3, 2012
hi guys could anyone please tell if my uncle, who is in pakistan, can sponsor me to study in canada coz i cant use my fathers bank statements as it does not have enough money. Seniors please help!!

ha55an

Aug 3, 2012
Anyone please help im really worried coz someone told me if i use my uncle's bank statement it increase my chances of rejection.

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have read quite a few cases where applicants has had their family members in Canada sponsoring them to study and was refused b.c they couldn't show enough proof of their relationship with that family member. Because having a family member other than your parents sponsoring you allows the Officers to speculate whether you have strong enough ties to your home country and you might not return to home country after your studies.

If you want your uncle to sponsor you, you need to provide a very good proof of your relationship, also you'll need to show that you will leave Canada after your studies b.c that's a major issue with applicants that causes their case to be rejected.

ha55an

Aug 3, 2012
Bro ive been to uk b4 on a student visa and i came back within my visa limit so im hoping that VO might consider that i have strong ties to my country but the the problem is my father does not have sufficient funds in his bank statement plus the reason i wanted to use my uncle's (father's brother) bank statement is because it has wayyyy more than required amount and the annual tax returns alone for his company is over 70 million.
what do u reckon could it work ?

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ha55an said:
Bro ive been to uk b4 on a student visa and i came back within my visa limit so im hoping that VO might consider that i have strong ties to my country but the the problem is my father does not have sufficient funds in his bank statement plus the reason i wanted to use my uncle's (father's brother) bank statement is because it has wayyyy more than required amount and the annual tax returns alone for his company is over 70 million.
what do u reckon could it work ?
UK is not Canada. What works for UK doesn't mean it should work for Canada. Different country, different rules, and different Visa Officers.

Like I said on my previous post, you can let your uncle sponsor you, that's not the issue here. You need to submit proofs of relationship and ties to your home country.

If I was the Visa Officer, I could say "Since your uncle is so rich, you might want to stay in Canada after your studies" . So you need to provide proofs to show reasons like that would not be an issue.

ha55an

Aug 3, 2012
I get it brother but i dont understand how can i prove something like i will comeback after my studies coz i dont event have any property on my name. I could get a letter from my uncle that he will give a job with good salary once i come back. could that work? and sorry to keep bugging u, im just a little confused here.