+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship in canada - can the applicant leave and return.

brule

Apr 24, 2006
Hi I am currently sponsoring my wife from within canada and she has gotten her TRV extesion etc. However she has decided to visit her home country for 2 weeks and purchased a return ticket for this trip.

It just occurred to me that when she attempts to return to canada she will not have any proof or show of intension to return to her home country. Will this be a problem? I don't think it will be since we have applied for sponsorship from within canada and this should be on record even though we don't have a processing number as yet. ( applied in Janurary).

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
If you sponsor her from within Canada, there is a good chance she won't be allowed to return until the PR application has been approved.

brule

Apr 24, 2006
I really can't see that being the case since the application was sent from within canada and she has multiple entry visa. Also she is here legally since she got her TRV extension from the last time she arrived in canada since the 6 months were up.

Any other views?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

brule said:
I really can't see that being the case since the application was sent from within canada and she has multiple entry visa. Also she is here legally since she got her TRV extension from the last time she arrived in canada since the 6 months were up.

Any other views?
Because she would attempting to re-enter as a visitor, while her intention is remain permanently.

PMM

brule

Apr 24, 2006
Little update:

My wife was able to leave Canada and return as a visitor with out any problem. I guess the key here is that even though she has applied to become a PR she is in fact a visitor that can only stay for a max of 6 months or until her extension is up. So when the immigration officers are asking their questions they have to be answered under that context.

Frustrated Canadian

Oct 30, 2007
Brule,
You may not check here anymore - however... I saw your post and it seems similar to my case.
My husband left for JA a couple weeks ago and we have applied for Perm, Residence (Nov 2006). He went to get a Temp Resident Visa to return and was refused. He had also kept his Temp Residence up to date with extensions and such however - he did not have a mult. entry visa.

Did you get any other information that would be helpful? He is hopefully going to reapply and try and prove that is will indeed leave if he has to, by Immigration Law...

Thanks