+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

sponsorship for my wife in colombia

jmontauk

May 9, 2011
Hi, Im new to the forum and hope to find some helpful information regarding some questions i have.

My girlfriend is from Colombia and we hope to get married in january 2012.We were looking at the sponsorship application and alot of the questions really made us scratch our heads.

So i guess what im asking is if anyone has married someone from colombia and how their sponsorship has worked out.My girlfriend gets frustrated easily so any info to relax her would be greatly appreciated.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Search for a user/member called "medellinguy". You can look at the threads he has posted, he filed an application to sponsor his wife late last year, they are going through the Bogota, Columbia visa office. I'm sure he'd be happy to share his experiences with you.

I think there is a thread for people going through the Bogota Visa office as well, you can search for that thread too.

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Perhaps, to help her relax a bit you can tell her it's a good thing u are looking into the application process and all the information that is required now because it is a long process and now you can take your time on things and revise things since you have time before Jan 2012 when you will be married.
My boyfriend is from Dominican Republic and we are planning on getting married in summer 2012 (hopefully beginning of July 2012) and we have already started looking at the applciation and writing answers for things... It is kind of stressing me out right now because there are a lot of things we're unsure of and a lot of information, etc that we have to obtain, but just ensure her that you have the time to do this slowly and make it a comprehensible explanation of your relationship and that everything will be fine! Then, after your wedding, you can add in the information about the wedding, tie up loose ends in your package and be ready to send it pronto after the wedding.
Good luck! I know we need it as well :)

Makool

Star Member
Jan 2, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep-25-2010
Doc's Request.
Feb-15-2011
AOR Received.
Feb-15-2011
File Transfer...
Nov-01-2010
Med's Done....
Oct-16-2010
Passport Req..
Mar-15-2011
VISA ISSUED...
May-10-2011
LANDED..........
May-31-2011
jmontauk said:
Hi, Im new to the forum and hope to find some helpful information regarding some questions i have.

My girlfriend is from Colombia and we hope to get married in january 2012.We were looking at the sponsorship application and alot of the questions really made us scratch our heads.

So i guess what im asking is if anyone has married someone from colombia and how their sponsorship has worked out.My girlfriend gets frustrated easily so any info to relax her would be greatly appreciated.
Hello there,

I can help you as well, what would you like to know.

Cheerssss

jmontauk

May 9, 2011
Hi Makool! Iwas wondering if you could give me some info on what i should send with my application and was wondering if you came across some questions on the application that you had trouble with.

thanks

Makool

Star Member
Jan 2, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep-25-2010
Doc's Request.
Feb-15-2011
AOR Received.
Feb-15-2011
File Transfer...
Nov-01-2010
Med's Done....
Oct-16-2010
Passport Req..
Mar-15-2011
VISA ISSUED...
May-10-2011
LANDED..........
May-31-2011
jmontauk said:
Hi Makool! Iwas wondering if you could give me some info on what i should send with my application and was wondering if you came across some questions on the application that you had trouble with.

thanks
Hi,

No problem, make sure you send all the evidence that is going to help you to prove that your relationship is real, pictures very important, marriage certificate, emails, airline tickets, dates of trips, phone bills, if you send money to her the receipts, make sure you fill the application very truthful accurate, pay attention to every detail, make sure you traslate the police and marriage certificate, that was the only thing I traslated and I was fine, do the medicals so you can send them with application togueter and pay the fees.

If you have any information that is going to help to make your case strong definitevely add it, I sent the application through Canada post no problems or delays...and after that just to wait.....very patienly

Let me know if you need anything else....buena suerte...

spetroun

Star Member
Mar 20, 2013
I currently reside in Canada and am sponsoring my wife and dependent child from Colombia who are in Medellin. I am following the specific country checklist and I will require a background criminal check for my wife as per the checklist. The instructions states that she needs a file number before proceeding with a criminal background check. Is the file number given to me after the sponsorship approval in Canada or will she be requested to go to the Canadian Embassy in Bogota? I have also came across this website which is some sort of processing centre in Bogota that forwards the documents to the Embassy in Bogota. Has anybody had any experience with the VAC centre in Bogota and is it a mandatory procedure for sponsoring my family to Canada? Thanks