+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship Evaluation or Finacial Evaluation

wpsteel79

Mar 22, 2009
Background to application, I am British my wife is Canadian - we currently both live and work in the UK.

Q1. Does my wife need to fill out both the Sponsorship Evaluation (IMM 5481) or Finacial Evaluation (IMM 1283) or both?

Q2. On the Sponsorship Evaluation (IMM 5481), question 3, it asks for net personal income - should this be in £s of CAD $s?

Q3. In the absence of an Option C print out my wife is submitting P60 end of year tax certificate for 2008-2009 plus pay slips uptil July - is this sufficient?

As ever - Thanks in advance,

Perry

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
Spousal sponsorships are minimum income exempt, so there is no requirement for a certain amount of income in order to be eligible. That said, the information is still requested - probably basically because the form is the same one used for other family class applications that are not minimum income exempt. So . . . yes, your wife does have to fill out Form IMM5481 - Sponsorship Evaluation - because that doesn't have to do with just money. No, she does not have to fill out the Financial Evaluation Form IMM1283.

For net personal income - I think it probably doesn't really matter. I think I would put the correct £s figure, and then an average CAD$ figure in parentheses next to it.

Yes, submitting the P60 for 2008/09 is sufficient . . . I wouldn't bother with the pay slips.

Just an FYI - Be sure that your wife includes with the application proof of her intention to re-settle in Canada - a job offer, lease agreement, letter of support from family members, or something of that nature. This is a much more important factor than consideration of income, etc.

wpsteel79

Mar 22, 2009
I think this answers the questions -

"Sponsorship Evaluation (IMM 5481)
(Quebec residents need not complete this form.)

The Sponsorship Evaluation form will help us assess your past and current obligations with respect to sponsorship undertakings you have signed or co-signed. Do not use this form if the person you are sponsoring

•is your spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner and has dependent children who have dependent children of their own, or
•is your child, or a child of your spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner, and has dependent children of his or her own.

Instead, you must complete the Financial Evaluation form and attach it with your application. You can obtain one by downloading a copy from our website, ordering it electronically on the application page of our website or by contacting our Call Centre (the form and accompanying instructions are labelled IMM 5482)."

ritosgirl

Star Member
Oct 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-30-09
AOR Received.
24-02-10
File Transfer...
28-01-10 (New York)
Med's Done....
21-10-09
Passport Req..
09-03-2010
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2010
I have a question regarding form IMM5481...

Question 3 asks about personal net income. In the last 12 month period I worked only 1 month, and was recieving employment insurance benefits. Do I include EI benefits as part of my personal net income? Or, only the money I made during the one month of work?