06-04-2010
Doc's Request.
10-06-2010
AOR Received.
04-11-2010
IELTS Request
10-06-2010
Hello,

I would like to get information regarding family class sponsorship. My brother-in-law has settled down in Canada based on PR since 2009 & now he became citizen in this month.

Previously, I had applied for Canada PR under FSW NOC 0213, for which canadian embassy took almost 2 years & then rejected my file without any justified reason.!!!

I am a computer professional, having full time 9 years of job experience with Bachelors degree.

So, I would like to get experts view regarding the possibility of sponsorship by brother-in-law to settle down in canada.

Waiting,
Nishith N.Vyas

M

mikeymyke

nvblue said:
Hello,

I would like to get information regarding family class sponsorship. My brother-in-law has settled down in Canada based on PR since 2009 & now he became citizen in this month.

Previously, I had applied for Canada PR under FSW NOC 0213, for which canadian embassy took almost 2 years & then rejected my file without any justified reason.!!!

I am a computer professional, having full time 9 years of job experience with Bachelors degree.

So, I would like to get experts view regarding the possibility of sponsorship by brother-in-law to settle down in canada.

Waiting,
Ni*censored word*h N.Vyas
Your application got rejected for no reason, probably because you were part of the unfortunate group who had their applications wiped out by the government to reduce the backlog.

Your bro-in-law cannot sponsor you because he's married.

nvblue

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Ahmedabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2010
Doc's Request.
10-06-2010
AOR Received.
04-11-2010
IELTS Request
10-06-2010
Can my brother-in-law sponsor his sister (my wife) & then, I can get in...???

What is the mean of eligible relative?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
nvblue said:
Can my brother-in-law sponsor his sister (my wife) & then, I can get in...???

What is the mean of eligible relative?
No. Only direct dependants are eligible to be sponsored under the circumstances that you describe.
That means no siblings, nieces/nephews, cousins, adult children, aunts/uncles etc...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/glossary.asp#f
Family members
An applicant’s closest relatives, in the context of an application to CIC. It is defined as a spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children.