+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Spouse - newly married

taqwave

Feb 20, 2011
Hi,
I am a PR and working as software developer in Toronto.I got married on 20th Dec 2010.There was a marriage cerermony on 20th and Reception on 21st Dec 2010.Around 500 people attended both the ceremonies.I applied for my wife's single entry visitor visa on 30th Dec 2010 for a leisure trip to Canada with me but was refused citing following reasons:-
1. Not satisfying that she will return
2. Family ties - I don't know what is this reason all about
3. Financial satus - I enclosed my pay stubs (65k per annum- permanent job)

Now i am back in Toronto and trying to sponsor my wife but i am not sure what will happen because of the refusal of visitor'r visa for my wife.
Furtheremore my wife is living with my parents and my parents don't need financial assitance from me so i do not regulary send money to my parents, i send once in a while, though, for special needs.In the form IMM5490 (Sponsored Spouse Questionnaire) as per Q 30:- it asks whether my wife gets financial support from me as a sponsor? What should she write because i don't send money to her as she does not need it because she is living with my parents

Please suggest.

Thanks in advance

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Refusal of visit visa will not matter for your sponsorship application. It is common that spouses are refused because they think they will overstay.

When they ask you if you send her money, say no and include your explanation. If there is not enough space, you can write it on a separate piece of paper.

taqwave

Feb 20, 2011
Thanks Leon for ur prompt reply... and hey Canadauser1 ... my parents and wife are living in India...