+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring spouse, joining a new job soon.

shyam.7944

Mar 9, 2015
Category........
Other
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
Hi all,

Pardon me for my long story.

I got married recently to my girlfriend who lives outside Canada. I am a permanent resident and would like to sponsor my spouse. I got a new job which starts in couple of weeks and the pay is decent. But the thing is, this is my first proper IT job in Canada. I got my COPR in mid last year after working as a supervisor and I later left my job, went to my home country, got engaged, stayed in my country for almost 4 months ( I struggled for 3 straight years living in Canada for studies and work ,so I thought I deserved a break), came back as PR and started job hunting. I got lucky enough by getting a job in reputable company in the month of January. I told the company about my marriage and they asked me to join in March.

Now I need to submit an employment letter from the company before sending out the sponsorship application. Is it easy to get one as soon as I join my new job? And even if I manage to get one will CIC accept it? And to make the things worse, I didn't make much money last year because I spent four months living in my home country so I doubt my Notice of Assessment would help. Do any of you recommend any other document ?

I feel kinda depressed without my wife and she does the same. Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Why do you need an employment letter? I dint believe that is on the document checklist. At least it wasn't when we applied

shyam.7944

Mar 9, 2015
Category........
Other
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
Why do you need an employment letter? I dint believe that is on the document checklist. At least it wasn't when we applied
It's mentioned on the checklist. When did you apply btw?

5. Employment/Source of Income - Do not complete this section if you are a Quebec resident.
You need to show that you can support the person(s) you are sponsoring. Provide documents from one of the following options:
If you are working in Canada, provide an original letter from your current employer stating your period of employment, salary, and regular
hours per week or supporting financial documents if you are self-employed AND one of these documents issued by the Canada Revenue
Agency (CRA):
• Your most recent Notice of Assessment. This must include line 150 (Total Income), or
• Proof of income statement (Option C).
Note: You can view (and print) your tax return(s) as well as other personal tax information using the CRA's My Account online service.
To register or login, visit https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/e-services/e-services-individuals/accountindividuals.
html.
If you cannot provide a Notice of Assessment or a proof of income statement (Option C) for the most recent taxation year, you must
provide an explanation on a separate sheet of paper, accompanied by relevant supporting financial documentation to show how you can
support the person(s) you are sponsoring

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
We applied in Jan 2017. It should be fine getting the letter from your employer. As you said, they were aware of the new marriage and what not do explaining to them you require the document for the purpose of sponsoring, I'm sure they will understand. They will have to say that you are a new employee, but luckily there is no minimum income requirement for spouse.

shyam.7944

Mar 9, 2015
Category........
Other
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
We applied in Jan 2017. It should be fine getting the letter from your employer. As you said, they were aware of the new marriage and what not do explaining to them you require the document for the purpose of sponsoring, I'm sure they will understand. They will have to say that you are a new employee, but luckily there is no minimum income requirement for spouse.
Thanks for the advice

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You can show savings and make sure to keep saving once you get your new job. All you need to show that you can support you and your wife. Would include your new job contract and if there are concerns about your savings hopefully you will have saved some money after 6-12 months of work.