Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/07/2013
Hello!

I have a couple of questions, I hope I can get some help.

Do we need to send the part 1 and 2 together?,
do I need to send the medical examination and criminal background check at the beginning of the process? I probably need to go to Mexico for this so I'm hoping I don't have to do it right now.
I want to know if you need to stay in Canada for the period the process takes, I was planning on travelling for vacation and I heard and read somewhere that you need to stay in the country?
What happens after you send your application?, I have a tourist visa and I want to know if I need to extend my stay or if you get something automatically because you are applying for sponsorship.

Thanks in advance.

costaudjoe

Oct 30, 2011
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
You need to send everything together (it will be quite an impressive stack of documents). Most people on the threads recommend waiting until the last possible moment to do the medical report.

From what I read applying inland and leaving Canada puts you at risk when you come back to Canada. If the CBP refuses you, the whole PR process stops.

Have you thought about applying outland? In most cases it is much faster.
Processing times for outland (Mexico looks like it is 14 months) http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp
There is the added benefit that if you are refused at the border, it has no bearing on the PR application.

sounion

Oct 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
24-10-2012
Interview........
20-11-2013
LANDED..........
20-11-2013
Cerezita said:
Hello!

I have a couple of questions, I hope I can get some help.

Do we need to send the part 1 and 2 together?,
do I need to send the medical examination and criminal background check at the beginning of the process? I probably need to go to Mexico for this so I'm hoping I don't have to do it right now.
I want to know if you need to stay in Canada for the period the process takes, I was planning on travelling for vacation and I heard and read somewhere that you need to stay in the country?
What happens after you send your application?, I have a tourist visa and I want to know if I need to extend my stay or if you get something automatically because you are applying for sponsorship.

Thanks in advance.
As mentioned above, send everything together (and yes, the stack is amazing!)

Medical and background checks can be sent in afterward as they will first be processing the sponsor's information (i'm assuming you are the person being sponsored?). But, if you have to leave the country to get this done, then I would advise getting it done prior to sending everything in. However, you should be able to see a doctor in Canada for your medical, and request a background check from Mexico without having to leave. Again, if that is not the case and you must leave to get one or both done, then do it first, or go via outland application.

Leaving the country is strongly advised against. If they deny you re-entry, your application gets scrapped and all that work and money is lost.

After you send in your application, you will eventually receive an AOR, Acknowledgement of Receipt, from CIC. This AOR will become proof of your legal status in Canada and grants you implied status - meaning you can stay in Canada until you receive a decision. IF your visa will expire before you get this AOR (it may take 3 months to get the AOR), you need to file for an extension to keep legal status in Canada. When you file your extension, you can mention that you are applying for PR.

Hope this helps.

Cerezita

Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/07/2013
Thanks for your reply, I have a couple of questions now that I got some answer.

The person sponsored it's me, I've been extending my stay all this time and have travelled back and fort to Mexico just to visit my parents. At some point immigration Canada asked me to take a medical examination for myself just for extending my stay too many times, it was made last year in April I think, I heard that the medical examination is only valid for a year so I will probably have to do a new one, my guess.

I think for the background check I have to be in Mexico so If I apply from outland can I come to Canada meanwhile? because my husband is here and we have a baby so it would be too long for me to be in Mexico to be waiting for an answer, even though I have family that can receive my paperwork over there.

sounion

Oct 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
24-10-2012
Interview........
20-11-2013
LANDED..........
20-11-2013
Yep, you can apply outland and still remain in Canada. You will have to keep extending your visitor's visa while you stay in Canada however.

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
I would just like to add my 2 cents here.

The criminal record and the medical have to be sent in with everything else. (Unless it states otherwise in your country specific guide)To avoid delay in processing your file I would suggest you include them from the start.

You do not have to be in Mexico for the medical, you can look at the CIC website to find a list of doctors in your area. I believe also, that you may be able to go to the Mexican embassy/consulate in your area to request the criminal record. I am not 100% sure on that though.

Take Care
MadeInCanada