+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring spouse immediately after moving to Canada without job

hirasalam

Jul 10, 2017
I am currently in Pakistan and planning to move to Canada in a couple of months and then sponsor my husband for PR. I do not want to waste any time so I am gathering all the information about all documents I would need to apply for him. Since I plan to apply as early as possible after reaching Canada it is possible I would not have any job by the time I send his application, what supporting evidence can I provide to show we wont be needing financial assistance from govt?
I am a dentist so can't practice in Canada as yet, but I intend to apply for specialty training/ PhD next year meanwhile get entry level job anywhere,,,
My husband holds PhD from Sweden and working as Asst. Prof. at a well reputed institution in Pakistan with good salary..
We have an apartment in Karachi, should I show property valuation and indicate we intend to sell it when he moves and will have the funds for initial settlement?
I am confused how to approach this issue.

Hira

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I am currently in Pakistan and planning to move to Canada in a couple of months and then sponsor my husband for PR. I do not want to waste any time so I am gathering all the information about all documents I would need to apply for him. Since I plan to apply as early as possible after reaching Canada it is possible I would not have any job by the time I send his application, what supporting evidence can I provide to show we wont be needing financial assistance from govt?
I am a dentist so can't practice in Canada as yet, but I intend to apply for specialty training/ PhD next year meanwhile get entry level job anywhere,,,
My husband holds PhD from Sweden and working as Asst. Prof. at a well reputed institution in Pakistan with good salary..
We have an apartment in Karachi, should I show property valuation and indicate we intend to sell it when he moves and will have the funds for initial settlement?
I am confused how to approach this issue.

Hira
You can show all of your savings/investments, your spouse's income, your income, income potential in Canada and a plan of how you will support yourselves.