xmaanix

May 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi seniors i have a question.
I am planning to sponsor my wife from Pakistan but i have very bad credit and have alot of debt to pay but i have not filed for bankruptcy yet, maybe in future i will. Will i have any issues in sponsoring my wife? Please help and thanks alot in advance

xmaanix

May 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So if i have debt and i have very bad credit as long as i havent filed bankruptcy there is no issue in sponsoring

xmaanix

May 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So whats your suggestion?
should i sponsor first and declare bankruptcy after my wife is here?

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
You still have the option for a Consumer Proposal (1 step away from bankruptcy). That won't affect your sponsorship, but the companies/banks you owe to must all (or most) agree to your proposal. Speak with a debt advisor about this, they are well versed of immigration implications and will be able to help you out. Consultations are generally free.

Reactions: kwgcda and k.h.p.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
So whats your suggestion?
should i sponsor first and declare bankruptcy after my wife is here?
I am not qualified to give you financial advice.

All I can say is that being an undischarged bankrupt bans you from sponsoring your wife.

Follow the advice and seek out professional help.

kwgcda

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
You still have the option for a Consumer Proposal (1 step away from bankruptcy). That won't affect your sponsorship, but the companies/banks you owe to must all (or most) agree to your proposal. Speak with a debt advisor about this, they are well versed of immigration implications and will be able to help you out. Consultations are generally free.
^^ What they said. Make an appointment with a debt advisor, a consumer proposal is a great option for getting out of debt without having to go the bankruptcy route (speaking from experience).