+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring spouse and Rehabilitation forms together

Woodex

Sep 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any experience with sponsor spouse application?

I am about the start a new sponsorship application after the initial was rejected due to criminal record.

Since 5yrs has passed and he is deem rehabilitated, I am planing to send both forms to Mississauga.

Can i submit both Sponsorship and Rehabilitation forms together? Also, can I use the same receipt payment since I didn't request refund?

Anyone with experience?

Woodex

Sep 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Woodex said:

I am about the start a new sponsorship application after the initial was rejected due to criminal record.

Since 5yrs has passed and he is deem rehabilitated, I am planing to send both forms to Mississauga.

Can i submit both Sponsorship and Rehabilitation forms together? Also, can I use the same receipt payment since I didn't request refund?
Anyone with experience?

bartjones

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2013
Doc's Request.
08/27/2013 and 12/20/13 and 07/24/14
AOR Received.
16/03/2013
File Transfer...
04/04/13
Med's Done....
29/01/2013 redone 13/02/14 and 25/03/14
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2014/08/27
LANDED..........
09/09/2014
Woodex said:

Anyone with experience?
I'm assuming you mean the permanent residence application was rejected due to a criminality issue and not the sponsorship application. Assuming that's correct, you can submit both the permanent residence application and the criminal rehabilitation application at the same time. You will have to pay a separate fee for the criminal rehab application, so you will need to send both receipts.

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
My understanding of the OP was that 5 years have passed so assumed rehabilitation had been redeemed.As you and i both know that's not always the case. Would like to know if they applied for rehabilitation papers , or that the 5 years have passed so they are ready to proceed. ummmmm

bartjones

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
16/03/2013
File Transfer...
04/04/13
Med's Done....
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2014/08/27
LANDED..........
09/09/2014
taffy7 said:
My understanding of the OP was that 5 years have passed so assumed rehabilitation had been redeemed.As you and i both know that's not always the case. Would like to know if they applied for rehabilitation papers , or that the 5 years have passed so they are ready to proceed. ummmmm
Yes, it's a little difficult to understand the OP. I believe the OP means that they submitted a PR application which was rejected because the principal applicant had a criminal conviction from somewhere which was not yet 5 years old. Since they couldn't apply for criminal rehabilitation the application was rejected.

I think the OP is slightly confused. After 5 years there is no deemed rehabilitation. Deemed rehabilitation happens in certain cases after 10 years. I think she means that he is now eligible to apply for criminal rehabilitation because 5 years have passed and is asking if she can submit both the criminal rehabilitation application and the PR application at the same time. The answer to that question is yes.

ilovepvr

Star Member
Feb 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
mexico city
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
02-05-2014
I was going to ask this question as well....
Does it make a difference in timing if the criminal rehab application and sponsor approval/PR application is sent seperately or together?

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Woodex said:

Anyone with experience?
If you are saying that your spouses' original PR application was rejected then you had no fees to request for a refund, unless you paid the RPRF as well. If you paid the RPRF as well, then yes, you can apply that amount back to your current application, but all the rest of the fees (sponsorship fee as well as principal applicant fee) was used already and will need to be paid again.

I am unsure about the rehabilitation forms. I assume they denied you and said that he could apply again after 5 years along with his rehab forms. If this is the case then I do THINK you can file them all at the same time and it will be dealt with as needed. If they did NOT tell you 5 years was what was needed, then be sure to look into it and be positive it was only 5 years needed and not 10 to complete and try again.

Woodex

Sep 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bartjones said:
Yes, it's a little difficult to understand the OP. I believe the OP means that they submitted a PR application which was rejected because the principal applicant had a criminal conviction from somewhere which was not yet 5 years old. Since they couldn't apply for criminal rehabilitation the application was rejected.

I think the OP is slightly confused. After 5 years there is no deemed rehabilitation. Deemed rehabilitation happens in certain cases after 10 years. I think she means that he is now eligible to apply for criminal rehabilitation because 5 years have passed and is asking if she can submit both the criminal rehabilitation application and the PR application at the same time. The answer to that question is yes.
he is now eligible to apply for rehabilitation.

Woodex

Sep 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alurra71 said:
If you are saying that your spouses' original PR application was rejected then you had no fees to request for a refund, unless you paid the RPRF as well. If you paid the RPRF as well, then yes, you can apply that amount back to your current application, but all the rest of the fees (sponsorship fee as well as principal applicant fee) was used already and will need to be paid again.

I am unsure about the rehabilitation forms. I assume they denied you and said that he could apply again after 5 years along with his rehab forms. If this is the case then I do THINK you can file them all at the same time and it will be dealt with as needed. If they did NOT tell you 5 years was what was needed, then be sure to look into it and be positive it was only 5 years needed and not 10 to complete and try again.
before I filed for appeal, CIC sent me a letter to request a refund but I didn't. Now, I am confuse maybe I should ask for refund or just attached previous invoice

Woodex

Sep 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bartjones said:
I'm assuming you mean the permanent residence application was rejected due to a criminality issue and not the sponsorship application. Assuming that's correct, you can submit both the permanent residence application and the criminal rehabilitation application at the same time. You will have to pay a separate fee for the criminal rehab application, so you will need to send both receipts.
Are you saying I don't have to fill out sponsorship forms again just to fill out PR forms. If that's the case, is it possible? Thanks while I wait for anyone response. During the interview, the interviewer said he knows our marriage is genuine but rejected because of his is inadmissible until June 2014.

bartjones

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
16/03/2013
File Transfer...
04/04/13
Med's Done....
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2014/08/27
LANDED..........
09/09/2014
Woodex said:
Are you saying I don't have to fill out sponsorship forms again just to fill out PR forms. If that's the case, is it possible? Thanks while I wait for anyone response. During the interview, the interviewer said he knows our marriage is genuine but rejected because of his is inadmissible until June 2014.
No I believe you will have to file the whole thing all over again, sponsorship application, PR application and crim rehab application.

Woodex

Sep 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bartjones said:
No I believe you will have to file the whole thing all over again, sponsorship application, PR application and crim rehab application.
thanks

Woodex

Sep 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, I have a question. I cant find PR application for outland. Can I fill out the application for inland for my spouse?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Woodex said:
Guys, I have a question. I cant find PR application for outland. Can I fill out the application for inland for my spouse?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

Woodex

Sep 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp
Thanks PMM..... I can't find PR application in all the form