+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring sons (I'm a permanent resident living in QC)

njives11

May 10, 2019
I’m in the process of completing the sponsorship applications for my sons who live in the USA. On the MIDI website it says:

IMPORTANT REMINDER
You must receive confirmation from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada that your sponsorship application has been approved before submitting your undertaking application to the Ministère. We do not process sponsorship applications that are submitted without proof of this confirmation.

What application do I need to send in to IRCC for the application to sponsor? Do I only send in the IMM 1344 and the IMM 5604 (because I have a non-accompanying parent)? Just those two and the fees and then if approved, the remaining pieces of the applications from my sons as principal applicants? I can't complete IMM 0008 for my sons without the CSQ application date info, but can't apply for the CSQ until I receive "the proof of confirmation" from IRCC!

Any help is appreciated!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I’m in the process of completing the sponsorship applications for my sons who live in the USA. On the MIDI website it says:

IMPORTANT REMINDER
You must receive confirmation from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada that your sponsorship application has been approved before submitting your undertaking application to the Ministère. We do not process sponsorship applications that are submitted without proof of this confirmation.

What application do I need to send in to IRCC for the application to sponsor? Do I only send in the IMM 1344 and the IMM 5604 (because I have a non-accompanying parent)? Just those two and the fees and then if approved, the remaining pieces of the applications from my sons as principal applicants? I can't complete IMM 0008 for my sons without the CSQ application date info, but can't apply for the CSQ until I receive "the proof of confirmation" from IRCC!

Any help is appreciated!
You have to submit a complete app to IRCC before applying for a CSQ. As stated directly in the guide for that IMM0008 question: Note: If you are not applying under a Quebec immigration program, select “no” for Question 6 a) and leave 6 c) blank.

njives11

May 10, 2019
You have to submit a complete app to IRCC before applying for a CSQ. As stated directly in the guide for that IMM0008 question: Note: If you are not applying under a Quebec immigration program, select “no” for Question 6 a) and leave 6 c) blank.
Thanks for your reply! I am applying under the family class category in Quebec so I assume it's technically a Quebec immigration program, right?