+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring PR for my spouse after joining my new job.

shyam.7944

Mar 9, 2015
Category........
Other
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
Hi all,

I got married recently and I am filling out application for my wife who lives in India. I am unemployed at the moment, however I am joining a new position in a month. I am thinking of sending my application after joining this job and receiving my first payslip.

My wife is signing the application forms with the present date, because I am flying to Canada in a week. And I am thinking of signing those forms after joining my job. Is it ok if my wife and I sign forms on different dates?

Any help is highly appreciated.

paint.thinner

Star Member
Jan 16, 2015
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2014
Nomination.....
November 2014
AOR Received.
January 2015
Med's Request
November 2015
Med's Done....
November 2015
Passport Req..
December 2015
VISA ISSUED...
December 2015
My wife (PA) and I (Sponsor) signed the forms on different dates (about 10 days apart) and it was fine. We submitted in November 2018 and the file is being processed normally - we received AOR1 (Acknowledgement of Receipt), Biometric-Request, SA (Sponsorship Approval), FT (File Transfer), AOR2 from Singapore. That means IRCC did not have any complains regarding our signatures/dates. :)

If you (the Sponsor) are a PR of Canada, keep in mind you need to be a resident of Canada (it does not matter if you travel outside Canada for vacation) and you need to be making money in Canada in order to support yourself and your wife who will be joining you in Canada in the future. Once you start your new job, ask your employer for an Employment Letter - it is required and the specific requirements (for this Employment Letter) are mentioned on the Document Checklist.

Congratulations to both you and your wife on your wedding.

Congratulations for the new job.

momo2018

Jan 8, 2018
Hi all,

I got married recently and I am filling out application for my wife who lives in India. I am unemployed at the moment, however I am joining a new position in a month. I am thinking of sending my application after joining this job and receiving my first payslip.

My wife is signing the application forms with the present date, because I am flying to Canada in a week. And I am thinking of signing those forms after joining my job. Is it ok if my wife and I sign forms on different dates?

Any help is highly appreciated.
The dates wont be a problem BUT before you send the app you have to check again that the forms are the right version. If in the meanwhile they issued a newer version of the forms youll have to use the new forms. If youll use an old version your app will be returned.

As for the job, yes youll have to either have an income or show that you have enough money to support the both of you.
Follow the checklist and send everything needed. Good luck

Reactions: paint.thinner

shyam.7944

Mar 9, 2015
Category........
Other
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
My wife (PA) and I (Sponsor) signed the forms on different dates (about 10 days apart) and it was fine. We submitted in November 2018 and the file is being processed normally - we received AOR1 (Acknowledgement of Receipt), Biometric-Request, SA (Sponsorship Approval), FT (File Transfer), AOR2 from Singapore. That means IRCC did not have any complains regarding our signatures/dates. :)

If you (the Sponsor) are a PR of Canada, keep in mind you need to be a resident of Canada (it does not matter if you travel outside Canada for vacation) and you need to be making money in Canada in order to support yourself and your wife who will be joining you in Canada in the future. Once you start your new job, ask your employer for an Employment Letter - it is required and the specific requirements (for this Employment Letter) are mentioned on the Document Checklist.

Congratulations to both you and your wife on your wedding.

Congratulations for the new job.
Thank you so much. :)

shyam.7944

Mar 9, 2015
Category........
Other
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
The dates wont be a problem BUT before you send the app you have to check again that the forms are the right version. If in the meanwhile they issued a newer version of the forms youll have to use the new forms. If youll use an old version your app will be returned.

As for the job, yes youll have to either have an income or show that you have enough money to support the both of you.
Follow the checklist and send everything needed. Good luck
Thank you:)