+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPONSORING MY WIFE (Filipino) PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Richard G.

Jan 25, 2014
Hello everybody,

I am Richard (22 years old)... I'm a permanent resident in Alberta, Canada. I have been living here for almost 6 years now with my family. I'm employed. I'm a 2nd year college student taking Bachelor of Science in Nursing but unfortunately I have to take a year off to work, and to be able to support my fiancee and her family. My fiancee lives in Japan right now but we're planning on going to the Philippines in April to get married so that the processing time for our papers could be started. We were just in the Philippines couple weeks ago as we spent Christmas and New Year's eve there, but now I'm back in Canada and so she is in Japan. A couple days ago my fiancee told me that she is pregnant (I'm going to become a DADDY very soon!)... My questions are:

1. What are the steps on how I can bring my fiancee here in Canada after we get married in April? And What are all the required documents that I need to submit?

2. The baby is due in the month of October, so will she be able to come to Canada before labor? or if papers were still not processed after our baby's birth; what's going to happen? Is the baby gonna have to be in Philippines and start a new application for him/her or can my fiancee be able to bring her to Canada with her?

3. If our baby has to stay in the Philippines for the meantime, how are we going to bring her in Canada? What should we do and how long would the processing time will take?

4. OR After we get married in April, would it be a valid reason to say to the CIC that my wife is pregnant so that they will make the processing time faster and make it possible for my fiancee to come to Canada before our baby's due date so that the baby will be a Canadian citizen?

PLEASE HELP ME! I'M IN NEED OF YOUR HELP...

Thank you,

Richard

Step

Jan 4, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 21,2013
AOR Received.
August 26,2013
File Transfer...
September 13,2013
Med's Done....
Upfront. July 13,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 4,2014.
LANDED..........
June 24, 2014. 6:00 pm
Richard G. said:
Hello everybody,

I am Richard (22 years old)... I'm a permanent resident in Alberta, Canada. I have been living here for almost 6 years now with my family. I'm employed. I'm a 2nd year college student taking Bachelor of Science in Nursing but unfortunately I have to take a year off to work, and to be able to support my fiancee and her family. My fiancee lives in Japan right now but we're planning on going to the Philippines in April to get married so that the processing time for our papers could be started. We were just in the Philippines couple weeks ago as we spent Christmas and New Year's eve there, but now I'm back in Canada and so she is in Japan. A couple days ago my fiancee told me that she is pregnant (I'm going to become a DADDY very soon!)... My questions are:

1. What are the steps on how I can bring my fiancee here in Canada after we get married in April? And What are all the required documents that I need to submit?

2. The baby is due in the month of October, so will she be able to come to Canada before labor? or if papers were still not processed after our baby's birth; what's going to happen? Is the baby gonna have to be in Philippines and start a new application for him/her or can my fiancee be able to bring her to Canada with her?

3. If our baby has to stay in the Philippines for the meantime, how are we going to bring her in Canada? What should we do and how long would the processing time will take?

4. OR After we get married in April, would it be a valid reason to say to the CIC that my wife is pregnant so that they will make the processing time faster and make it possible for my fiancee to come to Canada before our baby's due date so that the baby will be a Canadian citizen?

PLEASE HELP ME! I'M IN NEED OF YOUR HELP...

Thank you,

Richard
1. Apply for spousal VISA along with Permanent Residency. Many forms to fill out, can be obtained on Immigration Canada website.

2.Baby can be added to application after birth. As a dependent.

3.Baby will be included in Original application.

4.Doubt will be processed before gives birth. Posted processing times are 14 months.

Go to Immigration Canada website, lists all documents and forms to fill out.

Took me about 3 months to gather all required documents. Good idea to have all documents certified by the various Philippine government agencies. NSO,DFA,etc.
Good Luck

Step

Step

Jan 4, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 21,2013
AOR Received.
August 26,2013
File Transfer...
September 13,2013
Med's Done....
Upfront. July 13,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 4,2014.
LANDED..........
June 24, 2014. 6:00 pm
Richard G. said:
Help please...
Post on Manila thread for English Speakers. Is some very knowledgable people, will answer all your questions.

Step

Richard G.

Jan 25, 2014
So, if the papers were still not processed after baby's birth then the baby has to stay there and I have to submit a different application for him/her? Is that correct?

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
As the first reply mentioned, the baby will be included the application as a dependent.

She will not be done before the baby's birth, and she cannot be finished before then as the doctor will not do the required x-ray while she is pregnant.

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
Just to be clear. In the essence of time, the baby will NOT be included on the original application. I'm sure you will submit your application as soon as you can once you are married. You cannot include a dependent that hasn't been born yet. The baby WILL be "added" to the original application, once born.

P.S. Including the word (Filipino) in the subject line was sufficient to catch our attention. Good for you, that's better than most.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Richard G. said:
You need to apply for a TRV for your wife to visit Canada after your wedding. The fact she has lived in another country (Japan) will help, but even then there is a high chance of rejection of TRV after you get married, if CIC thinks that you are her closest tie so would not leave Canada after the TRV is expired.

You should be prepared to have her apply outland through Manila office, while she continues to live in Manila (or Japan).

Hopefully she can get a TRV but of not then it sounds like you are in for a tough time, as since you are a PR you need to remain in Canada during the processing time so may not be able to be with your wife during lots of this time before and after birth. During processing you are only allowed to visit or take small vacations outside Canada, people recommend no more than 3 weeks at a time.

solace

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
This information helped me a lot.. It gives me idea on my sister's situation. She got married here in the Philippines months ago and return to canada applying for permanent resident including her husband in the list. She is asking the processing time of sponsoring him to go to Canada here in the Philippines? If in other country as tourist, what country that is best to sponsor him that it will not take him too long to wait... Thank you.

ZIDYAY

Sep 26, 2013

Hi, Richard! Kamusta ka na.

There is no reason for you to sound sad or desperate. I have the feeling everything will turn out okay for you, your prospective wife and child.You simply have to be calm,patient and try to follow everything the CIC is asking from you. In fifteen months after you got married: gathered the complete documents; and after you submitted your application and paid the required fees, your wife and newly born child will be on their way to Alberta to be with you.

But first you have to know and gather all the papers you need for you to complete first the sponsorship of your wife-to-be. As you said you only plan to get married this April. Marriage contract is one of the important documents you need to start the sponsorship process. Here is the site address you need to visit for you to know every details related to your big project:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-who.asp

It takes some time to gather and complete papers. But if you work fast enough, you can submit your application once you had your Marriage Certificate after your wedding in April. In this manner your application is filed early and processing gets to start. Now, if your wife gets to deliver in October, you can contact the Canadian embassy in Manila, that must be handling processing of your application, to update your records in the sense that you are including your child in the application as your dependent. There is no need to file a separate application of sponsorship for your child. You only have to request for an update of your pending application.

I don't think CIC will give you consideration like facilitating the processing just because your spouse is pregnant at the time you filed your application.Approval will take the same period as it take others who filed theirs ahead of you. On the contrary, yours will probably take so much longer if you become careless and neglectful in filing the application. Know the requirements very well and make sure you are complying with all of them.

I hope I was of help my kababayan.

Edgehead78

Dec 11, 2013
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2014
AOR Received.
01-03-2014
File Transfer...
04-03-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 15-12-2014 Visa 23-12-2014
LANDED..........
07-01-2015
ZIDYAY said:

Hi, Richard! Kamusta ka na.

There is no reason for you to sound sad or desperate. I have the feeling everything will turn out okay for you, your prospective wife and child.You simply have to be calm,patient and try to follow everything the CIC is asking from you. In fifteen months after you got married: gathered the complete documents; and after you submitted your application and paid the required fees, your wife and newly born child will be on their way to Alberta to be with you.

But first you have to know and gather all the papers you need for you to complete first the sponsorship of your wife-to-be. As you said you only plan to get married this April. Marriage contract is one of the important documents you need to start the sponsorship process. Here is the site address you need to visit for you to know every details related to your big project:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-who.asp

It takes some time to gather and complete papers. But if you work fast enough, you can submit your application once you had your Marriage Certificate after your wedding in April. In this manner your application is filed early and processing gets to start. Now, if your wife gets to deliver in October, you can contact the Canadian embassy in Manila, that must be handling processing of your application, to update your records in the sense that you are including your child in the application as your dependent. There is no need to file a separate application of sponsorship for your child. You only have to request for an update of your pending application.

I don't think CIC will give you consideration like facilitating the processing just because your spouse is pregnant at the time you filed your application.Approval will take the same period as it take others who filed theirs ahead of you. On the contrary, yours will probably take so much longer if you become careless and neglectful in filing the application. Know the requirements very well and make sure you are complying with all of them.

I hope I was of help my kababayan.
Speaking of marriage in the Philippines, I got married there and according to my experience, be prepared to wait for the NSO to release your marriage certificate. I got to make them put it on the fast track if you know what I mean ;)
I got married on september and got the certificate on december. Marry in Manila if possible since the local NSO provincial branches are sending certificates only once a month to the main office in Manila.