+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring my husband (outland) - must we be kept apart during the immigration process?

Dr.Singh

Sep 13, 2018
So your "consultants" are basically telling you to "pretend" to be living in Canada by responding to immigration's requests...

Lying to immigration is not something you want to do.

No
According to them, it's not an issue in going back to your home country for 2-3 months.
They don't ask me to lie or hide anything.
and I guess we can't even hide from IRCC that we exit Canada.. Right?

csarah15

Star Member
May 28, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
30-05-2018
AOR Received.
11-07-2018
No
According to them, it's not an issue in going back to your home country for 2-3 months.
They don't ask me to lie or hide anything.
and I guess we can't even hide from IRCC that we exit Canada.. Right?
Ummm I don't know about 2-3months travel, but short periods should be OK, 2-3 weeks. Because since you are sponsoring, you need to be living in Canada, 2-3months away will be considered as living outside Canada, 2-3 weeks will be considered a visit. At least that is my understanding. It might also raise flags as to whether you plan to live in Canada once the PR is approved, because that is the end goal essentially.

Reactions: YVR123
M

mikeymyke

2-3 months is way too long, as now you’re no longer considered living in canada

Dr.Singh

Sep 13, 2018
Ummm I don't know about 2-3months travel, but short periods should be OK, 2-3 weeks. Because since you are sponsoring, you need to be living in Canada, 2-3months away will be considered as living outside Canada, 2-3 weeks will be considered a visit. At least that is my understanding. It might also raise flags as to whether you plan to live in Canada once the PR is approved, because that is the end goal essentially.

Ok. Do u think I should call IRCC help line directly and ask them what should I do?

csarah15

Star Member
May 28, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
30-05-2018
AOR Received.
11-07-2018
Ok. Do u think I should call IRCC help line directly and ask them what should I do?
You could always call and clarify any doubt you have. They know much better than we do. But I am sure you'll hear something very similar to what everyone here have said. Good luck :)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
No. The Call Centre is practically useless and provides a lot wrong information. As already stated, leaving for more than a few weeks risks your app being refused. It has happened many times. It is your choice whether to take that risk.