+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from philppines. CSQ confusion please help!

Zaim25

May 20, 2014
Hi everyone i have a question regarding my sponsorship to my husband. I'm sponsoring my husband from philippines and i live in montreal, quebec.
April 29,2014 our application was received
Sept 15,2014 application processed
Medical results received (date not included)
Nov 3,2014 my husband received an email asking him to send a police clearance from uk coz he stayed there for years. I think they already received it. What's next?
Should we wait for the request for csq letter from the immigration or should we send it even without the request? And where to send it? Do i have to send it from here (montreal) coz i asked my husband to sign it before i left the phils. And it's been sitting here for a long time now. Or should my husband sign a new one and send it?please help i'm so confused. And also i didnt received a letter stating that i am eligible to sponsor or anything when i included my address and email address in the application. My husband is the one who receives the emails.should i worry about that?please help..thank you! And any advice will be appreciated. God bless!

silverlynxes

Star Member
Jul 20, 2014
Japan
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2014
File Transfer...
18-08-2014 CSQissued......: 08-09-2014
Med's Done....
01-05-2014
Passport Req..
Exempt, InProcess........: 13-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2014
LANDED..........
17-01-2015
Hi,I'm Quebec applicant and also my process is in Manila(you didn't write which visa office but your husband is from Philippines so I guess Manila visa office too).

So dose your husband already has his CSQ?
If yes, usually officer will ask about his copy of CSQ for sending to visa office.
In my case they requested me as additional documents request, but sometime they don't. It's depend on officer I seem.
I think you don't need to send it upfront until they ask.

Your husband applications has already been in visa office so it mean your sponsorship have already approvaled.
Why don't you try to serch in mail box?sometime these mails went to junk mails place.
And after SA, usually officer will contact with only applicant, so it normal even you didn't receive any mails from visa office, so don't too much worried about it :)

Zaim25

May 20, 2014
Hi thanks for replying! My husband doesnt have a csq yet. I tired sending it from here but they returned it. The reason was written in french and when i translated it, it says that the request for csq is needed. But i sent it last june 2014 when our papers wasnt even opened yet for processing. Should i try sending it again? Where did you send yours?yes a lot of people are saying that it might be on the junk mails but i couldnt find it which is frustrating lol! :)

silverlynxes

Star Member
Jul 20, 2014
Japan
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2014
File Transfer...
18-08-2014 CSQissued......: 08-09-2014
Med's Done....
01-05-2014
Passport Req..
Exempt, InProcess........: 13-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2014
LANDED..........
17-01-2015
Thanks for your information :) I sent my applications to MICC,

Direction du courrier, de l'encaissement et de l'évaluation comparative
285, rue Notre-Dame Ouest, 4e étage
Montréal (Québec) H2Y 1T8
CANADA

They only accepted our applications after sponsorship approval by CIC.
Probably last time your applications arrived to MICC before your Sponsorship approval, so why they returned your applications.
Yes you should send applications to MICC again ASAP.
Because If CIC will ask about CSQ as additional documents requested, they usually give us to deadline date(my case it was within 20 days).
And also issued for CSQ, it takes for a while. I was waiting about 1 month.

If you mind, you can contact with CIC about you didn't receive SA mail from Mississauga, some people tried to do that who same situation with you in this forum.

Ka101

Star Member
Oct 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We are applying from Quebec too .
Did you fill sponsorship evaluation form IMM 5481 it says on it(Not required to fill if sponsor live in quebec) and other forms which are not required to be filled by quebec resident's?

Zaim25

May 20, 2014
Ka101 said:
We are applying from Quebec too .
Did you fill sponsorship evaluation form IMM 5481 it says on it(Not required to fill if sponsor live in quebec) and other forms which are not required to be filled by quebec resident's?
No, i didnt fill that up coz we are not required. How's your paper going? Did you received the letter of approval from cic and have you applied for quebec undertaking?Coz i want to apply for the undertaking but i dont have it until now mail/email. Having the UCI means that you are approved to sponsor from
What i understand right?and our application status says that they are processing our papers. What should i do if i don't have the letter of confirmation? I emailed the visa office in manila asking them to resend it but i havent receive any replies yet. Can i just include a letter that states our application status and include the UCI?please give me some advice if you know thank you!

blueangel371115

Champion Member
May 24, 2012
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
13-01-2014
Doc's Request.
10-02-2014
AOR Received.
17-07-2014
File Transfer...
17-07-2014
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2015 (returned 1/19 due to errors), 26-01-2015
LANDED..........
05-02-2015 Finally
You will receive an email or a letter depending on the type of communication you preferred stating whether your sponsor was eligible sponsor you, if so, you'll be instructed to send your application for a CSQ, I've heard that people have had their CSQ applications returned to them if they sent it before that.