10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
rd1219 said:
thanks my wife lives in surrey 5min from the us border because I used to live in Seattle. In my opinion just tell your husband to be himself and to show his love and care for you to the vo but not over do it so it won't feel like its fake .in my case she basically went through the application asking questions about every section for an hour even if we have two kids ,but I took with me all this years e-mails ,90 pictures of the kids and my in laws which she asked me who is who.also skype records about two three calls a day ,and I wrote a consent that includes my passwords for e mails and skype so she can confirm anything she wants , then she told me to wait .after a few minutes she came back and told me she is gonna approve it and send it for security check then I asked her if I am gonna need to redo medical as an indirect question of how long it is going to be ,her response was if you are able to go before 9-22-2011 you won't need one. good luck
Thank you for the luck :) My main concern is the age difference (I am 20 years older than my husband), but I have a feeling all will go well and he will be approved for visa. I am quite surprised you had to have an interview even though you have 2 kids.

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
rd1219 said:
I do too just remember a kick in the butt is also a step forward or like they say here in morocco a hit that does not break your back makes you stronger.I know you are a tough lady and I respect you for that .my wife was married twice first an arrogant lazy man second used her to get to Canada and I have a teenage daughter you see the similarities ,this is why I wish from the bottom of my heart that your husband is one of the best human beings morocco has to offer .good luck to you and best wishes
Thank you rd1219,

I know it is a moot point to tell anyone on here that I know my husband is not in it for Canada as everyone here will say she is crazy. But I know what I know. He is amazing....never met a better man. I have no doubts about him. So either he is the best actor ever or my instincts are completely wrong....but I know neither one of those things is true. I know I will be on here in a few years telling everyone how tough immigration is but how well we are doing.

I will admit that this was not the kind of marriage I expected, infact I never expected to be married at all (this is both of ours first marriage). That made me all the more selective and patient. In the end it was me that pursued making the relationship perminant though he proposed. He was perfectly happy staying in Morocco as he has a decent job and of course his large family. We actually looked into moving there...but circumstances with my daughter prevent us from doing that for a while yet. Anyway, I know I am babbling...I could talk about my husband day and night ::)

Wish everyone the best in their journey and their new lives.... God bless.

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
I know what you mean. I can talk about my husband all day long too ;D *daydreams*

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Can anyone tell me if the VO's that do the interviews are Canadian citizens or Moroccan citizens?

rd1219

Apr 25, 2011
Habibti said:
Thank you for the luck :) My main concern is the age difference (I am 20 years older than my husband), but I have a feeling all will go well and he will be approved for visa. I am quite surprised you had to have an interview even though you have 2 kids.
being in their shoes I would be because they can't know what is in your heart and some people use their kids to get what they want .on top of that I stayed in the us beyond my visa expiration and I had criminal record selling alcohol to a minor entrapment by police they send guys that look like 30yrs but in realty the guy was under 21 and my wife's second marriage was a moc he just used her to get to Canada,so I think the vo had a reason to call for an interview.

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
shamsia said:
I know what you mean. I can talk about my husband all day long too ;D *daydreams*
Yeah.... *sigh... ::)

rd1219

Apr 25, 2011
dair2dv8103100 said:
Can anyone tell me if the VO's that do the interviews are Canadian citizens or Moroccan citizens?
mine was french speaking Canadian lady in her late forties she spoke English with a french accent .

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The IOs at Rabat, from my understanding, are all Canadian citizens as I believe that one must be a citizen to work for the foreign service arm of the Canadian government, which CIC is part of. Now, whether they are also Moroccan citizens or not, I don't know. Some/many may very well be. Moroccan citizenship is pretty unique in the sense that, again - from my understanding, it cannot be renounced, so the policy is "once a Moroccan, always a Moroccan." Also, citizenship is passed down to any child if that child's father is Moroccan, and as of 2005 when the gender equality amendment was made by the King, the mother as well.
dair2dv8103100 said:

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The instinct thing touches a nerve with me, in a good way. I was physically in the same space as my husband/saw him for a total of six days (two trips of three days each to Canada), before he came to the USA to get married to me. We've been together for a bit over a year now.
dair2dv8103100 said:
Thank you rd1219,

I know it is a moot point to tell anyone on here that I know my husband is not in it for Canada as everyone here will say she is crazy. But I know what I know. He is amazing....never met a better man. I have no doubts about him. So either he is the best actor ever or my instincts are completely wrong....but I know neither one of those things is true. I know I will be on here in a few years telling everyone how tough immigration is but how well we are doing.

I will admit that this was not the kind of marriage I expected, infact I never expected to be married at all (this is both of ours first marriage). That made me all the more selective and patient. In the end it was me that pursued making the relationship perminant though he proposed. He was perfectly happy staying in Morocco as he has a decent job and of course his large family. We actually looked into moving there...but circumstances with my daughter prevent us from doing that for a while yet. Anyway, I know I am babbling...I could talk about my husband day and night ::)

Wish everyone the best in their journey and their new lives.... God bless.

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ddobro2 said:
The instinct thing touches a nerve with me, in a good way. I was physically in the same space as my husband/saw him for a total of six days (two trips of three days each to Canada), before he came to the USA to get married to me. We've been together for a bit over a year now.
I don't mean to sound rude but I talked to alot of guys online. I could tell within the first conversation whether I would be talking to them again or not. Most often not.... and the rest where gone within a few days or weeks.

With my husband it was completely different. He never asked for my email. He never asked for my phone number. He was always polite and never once asked me to take off my clothes or have cyber sex (yuck). He respected the fact that I was only looking for friends and he always...always asked about my daughter and my mother. He would write these sweet little messags with cute little emotes around our names. While we have only have 5 weeks of face to face time in 3 years he is always online everyday waiting for me after work and he always calls if he cant make it. I had a lawyer check him out and I know someone in Morocco that knows the family and was able to get out side information and opinions on the family and him.

He works with people with disabilities and would share lovely stories about his classes and the things he was teaching them. He talked about going to an orphanage and giving the children the toys he made with his students.

As a side note: I work with a woman from Germany who only had 5 weeks of face time with her Canadian husband in a year and they were married and she has been here 17 years...happily married with 3 kids. She never once questioned my decision. She was just happy for us and is excited to meet him.

What my point is ... instinct has a lot to do with many decisions we make everyday and my instinct tells me I have a one of a kind guy... and I am NOT letting him go!!... LOL

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
dair2dv8103100 said:
I don't mean to sound rude but I talked to alot of guys online. I could tell within the first conversation whether I would be talking to them again or not. Most often not.... and the rest where gone within a few days or weeks.

With my husband it was completely different. He never asked for my email. He never asked for my phone number. He was always polite and never once asked me to take off my clothes or have cyber sex (yuck). He respected the fact that I was only looking for friends and he always...always asked about my daughter and my mother. He would write these sweet little messags with cute little emotes around our names. While we have only have 5 weeks of face to face time in 3 years he is always online everyday waiting for me after work and he always calls if he cant make it. I had a lawyer check him out and I know someone in Morocco that knows the family and was able to get out side information and opinions on the family and him.

He works with people with disabilities and would share lovely stories about his classes and the things he was teaching them. He talked about going to an orphanage and giving the children the toys he made with his students.

As a side note: I work with a woman from Germany who only had 5 weeks of face time with her Canadian husband in a year and they were married and she has been here 17 years...happily married with 3 kids. She never once questioned my decision. She was just happy for us and is excited to meet him.

What my point is ... instinct has a lot to do with many decisions we make everyday and my instinct tells me I have a one of a kind guy... and I am NOT letting him go!!... LOL
Awwwwww!!! I just loved reading this!! You are right, instinct plays a major major role! That's how I got my guy :) Arranged marriage which quickly turned into love! The first time I saw his picture (after we grew up) I knew he was the one, and when I spoke to him, it was just WOW! Our dads are first cousins, and briefly we happened to live in Saudi Arabia. Played as kids, before they left for Canada and we came to India in 1994. Fifteen years later, his aunt saw me at a party and the rest, as they say is, history ;D

Anyways, coming back to instinct, my heart soared the first time we talked and when I saw his dear face. Yikes, I must stop, im sprouting poetry, which wont do! :p

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm not sure why you prefaced your message by saying you hope you don't sound rude. I met my husband online too. We only communicated in written form and didn't even know what we sounded like or looked like in real life until I came to Canada to meet him. All the special qualities you mentioned that set your husband apart, even on a computer screen, I can relate to. I had Facebook friended him before, so I can't say I didn't know what he looked like (I'm not that crazy I'd come to another country to meet someone I've never even seen), but we all know that a couple old Facebook pics in one's account isn't that accurate. Plenty of people would look at this situation as crazy at best, dangerously foolish at worst. I had a sixth sense, an instinct, that this person was a good person. I actually felt like it was all a dream when I got back to the U.S. the first time I met him. I mentioned that we got married after only seeing each other for 6 days total for the same reason - it looks ridiculous on paper, but I had an *instinct* that he was good for me. And I was right. <3
dair2dv8103100 said:

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ddobro2 said:
I'm not sure why you prefaced your message by saying you hope you don't sound rude.
HAHAHAA... I was not sure how to word it without sounding like a b*tch for making those decisions in a matter of a few minutes sometimes. But I don't like to waste time with someone I know I am not going to respect after they have asked what bra size I am...LOL

But yes... like you a lot of people were very scared for me when I decided to take off to Morocco to meet this "stranger" and stay with his family, and rightly so. But I also just "knew" I would be fine and that I had to meet him.

Sometimes that is just how things work... ;D

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
06-12-07/09-24-08/09-27-11
dair2dv8103100 said:
I had a lawyer check him out and I know someone in Morocco that knows the family and was able to get out side information and opinions on the family
I am all for instincts, but normally when someone gets in this thread saying they just know that THEIR relationship is genuine and their husband couldn't POSSIBLY Be using them - I am skeptical. I think the above quote is what sets you and your relationship apart. You are a very smart woman. Trusting your instincts is good...backing that up with some solid facts...brilliant. Your husband sounds lovely. I hope this process is over for you soon!

Lynn

BettyPage

Star Member
Aug 26, 2008
I don't want to damper the "instincts" thread here but let me just say, I can quote word for word everything you ladies just said about your husbands. I loved him, adored his family, spent every waking moment talking to him, laughing, planning for a future together, cursing immigration...etc. etc...

It only took a few months after his arrival in Canada for him to show me his true self. You do not know someone until you live with them. I know of a lot of mixed couples (Moroccan/Canadian) and the ones I see that are still together lived together (in Morocco) and got to really know each other. Sadly I know more couples that are no longer together, all for very different reasons. I am not the one that's going to come on this board and say anyone scammed me about anything. I knew what I was doing, I listened to everyone's advice and I did what I wanted to do. Life goes on, marriages fail...it does not define who I am at all. Yes he is in Canada but I got the better end of the deal, I wouldn't live my life the way he lives his.....ever.

All the best.