Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm currently not a big driver. We occasionally use a car sharing program. I asked my husband about this graduated licensing stuff (in *Quebec*, of course) and he said there was a point system involved. If your husband is 25 or over, he'll get a license with 12 points, people who are 16 to 24 get 5 points, I believe. Your points get taken away based on traffic violations (number and severity).
locolynn said:
ddobro2 and rejessome:

Do you have the graduated license system in your province? I am in Ontario and we do... I just don't want him to end up having to wait to get his full license....

Lynn

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here's a good resource on getting an Ontario DL with the DL of the immigrant's home country: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t39566.0.html

aziz2010

Star Member
Sep 4, 2011
Visa Office......
Rabat
AOR Received.
6 jan
Interview........
19/06/2012
hi all of you

my name is Aziz from Morocco live in Rabat-Sale my wife is from Canada we are married 5 years ago , when my wife came here we got married on 2006/12/21 she went back to canada applied for sponsorship we got approved in canada file sent to visa office in rabat they send me letter if interview required they would call me so interiew was required they called me visa officer kept talking to me asking me several questions that not really important about an hour and half then she told me that she would call me in week she sent me letter refusing my application because she thinks our marriage is not gunuine, me and my wife really got sad she was here with me when they sent me that sad letter so me and my wife decided to do another file when she is back to canada so we did so and it happened the same thing they refused the second sponsorship for no important reason last file was on 2009 , my wife kept visiting me here in Morocco because we miss each other and now she is sick she can not travel no more she put pacemaker in her heart so she is not allowed to travel but she want to come visit me next month so we decided to do another sponsorship so the file sent to missisagua 2011/ august to process do you have any idea what should i do ? i am hoping they approve my visa in Rabat

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
06-12-07/09-24-08/09-27-11
Salaam Aziz,

Was there a reason you chose not to appeal? Since you know the reason for refusal was the IO didn't believe your marriage was genuine I would put together a package that addresses all the reasons they may suspect marriage fraud. Be sure to honestly address any red flags: large age differences, cultural/religious differences, children from previous relationships, etc. Include any and all evidence of your relationship over the past 5 years - emails, skype records, msn chats, letters cards, boarding passes from her visits to you, photos of you two together, really anything you have.

At this point it is up to you to go above and beyond proving you love your wife and are committed to your marriage.

But remember - be honest. They are looking for reasons to toss your file...don't let it be over something silly.

Lynn

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

locolynn said:
Salaam Aziz,

Was there a reason you chose not to appeal? Since you know the reason for refusal was the IO didn't believe your marriage was genuine I would put together a package that addresses all the reasons they may suspect marriage fraud. Be sure to honestly address any red flags: large age differences, cultural/religious differences, children from previous relationships, etc. Include any and all evidence of your relationship over the past 5 years - emails, skype records, msn chats, letters cards, boarding passes from her visits to you, photos of you two together, really anything you have.

At this point it is up to you to go above and beyond proving you love your wife and are committed to your marriage.

But remember - be honest. They are looking for reasons to toss your file...don't let it be over something silly.

Lynn
The OP is looking at a third refusal. Google Res Judicata

aziz2010

Star Member
Sep 4, 2011
Visa Office......
Rabat
AOR Received.
6 jan
Interview........
19/06/2012
hi all of you

thanks for your replies it cheers me up i forgot to mention we appealed decision 2008 and it was dissmissed, and judge was rude with me on the phone then hung up on me anyway i provided all nessecery documents because i am organized person i do not miss thing, so we are married 5 years ago this should show embassy that our marriage is genuine also my wife never quit visiting me she visits me often til she had surgery pace maker and now we speak via phone and internet everyday, so i do not know what are they going to do with this file now ?? but i am always thinking positive and have faith in God that we win oneday inshalah

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
aziz2010 said:
hi all of you

thanks for your replies it cheers me up i forgot to mention we appealed decision 2008 and it was dissmissed, and judge was rude with me on the phone then hung up on me anyway i provided all nessecery documents because i am organized person i do not miss thing, so we are married 5 years ago this should show embassy that our marriage is genuine also my wife never quit visiting me she visits me often til she had surgery pace maker and now we speak via phone and internet everyday, so i do not know what are they going to do with this file now ?? but i am always thinking positive and have faith in God that we win oneday inshalah
Thank you for sharing your experience Aziz. You DO have faith!!! My husband is in Morocco and will have his interview in one week. I am half hopeful we will be approved. You did not say the reason you were rejected. You mentioned that the VO said your relationship was not genuine. What was her reasons? Usually they give a specific reason. It is important to know so we can give you better advice. Very very sorry about your wife... the separation must be hard on her heart... My heart goes out to both of you! May Allah be with you at all times!

aziz2010

Star Member
Sep 4, 2011
Visa Office......
Rabat
AOR Received.
6 jan
Interview........
19/06/2012
hi all of you again

thanks for your reply i hope your husband interview goes well inshalah so his inteview is required so they will ask him several questions i can help him and get him prepared because i went through all of this twice already and this is my thirth time i am applying for sponsorship you give him my number phone so i can speak to him in arabic and show him here is my phone +212660483510.
as for my story the visa officer did not believe my marriage is genuine and she told me i just wanted to go to canada which is not true also she was complaining about our pictures wedding that our photos are not well this is not fair to refuse my application twice, and spent lots money about these sponsorships but we love each other we would never quit til we are approved inshalah so tell your husband to phone we will help each other, also if u have any idea about my application i would happy to listen your help thanks.

Aziz

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
aziz2010 said:
hi all of you again

thanks for your reply i hope your husband interview goes well inshalah so his inteview is required so they will ask him several questions i can help him and get him prepared because i went through all of this twice already and this is my thirth time i am applying for sponsorship you give him my number phone so i can speak to him in arabic and show him here is my phone +212660483510.
as for my story the visa officer did not believe my marriage is genuine and she told me i just wanted to go to canada which is not true also she was complaining about our pictures wedding that our photos are not well this is not fair to refuse my application twice, and spent lots money about these sponsorships but we love each other we would never quit til we are approved inshalah so tell your husband to phone we will help each other, also if u have any idea about my application i would happy to listen your help thanks.

Aziz
Thank you for your message and phone number! I will forward it to my husband. I CANNOT BELIEVE that the visa office judge a relationship by its wedding photos!!! A relationship is all about commitment, connection and love! Not about stupid wedding pictures!

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
aziz2010 said:
hi all of you again

Aziz
The only thing I think about your case is that it seems you are knocking on the same door where you are going to have the same answer over and over. Like the others said, you have to appeal. It is for sure you are going to win that way.

aziz2010

Star Member
Sep 4, 2011
Visa Office......
Rabat
AOR Received.
6 jan
Interview........
19/06/2012
hi thanks for your reply ok i will be happy to speak to your husband to help him, if they refuse my file we will appeal it inshalah and prove our relationship is real but hoping they approve us for visa here in Rabat, this time i am working with my father and have some income in my account so i will add all of this in my file if interview required also i will speak to visa officer honestly and serious to let me go to my wife she is having hard time so i do we are apart now 2 years because she was at hospital having surgery about her heart, hope all goes well also forgot to mention that my wife converted to islam before we got married she is muslim and learning how to pray our prayers which is great, thanks.

Aziz

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aziz, you have an uphill battle on your hands. PMM is right that the principal of Res Judicata will be applied. It means "already decided". In your new application, you MUST show significant proof that you have overcome the reasons for the previous refusals. If you don't, the result will definitely be the same. Most likely you are facing another refusal so be prepared for another appeal and possibly you must consider a judicial review if the appeal fails.

aziz2010

Star Member
Sep 4, 2011
Visa Office......
Rabat
AOR Received.
6 jan
Interview........
19/06/2012
hi all of you thanks for your reply i know i will be having hard time with embassy to make them believe my marriage is gunuine so everyone thinks i get refused with this file, but one thing they can not face God when he say something to happen it happens so i have 100 % faith in God with his help inshalah we will win, if you have any new ideas what to add in my file please reply here many thanks.

Aziz

inflex

Jun 30, 2011
Habibti said:
Thank you for your message and phone number! I will forward it to my husband. I CANNOT BELIEVE that the visa office judge a relationship by its wedding photos!!! A relationship is all about commitment, connection and love! Not about stupid wedding pictures!
It's absurd because pictures does not entirely capture the true emotions expressed at a wedding however, that does not stop visa officers from judging relationship based on what they see in the pictures.
In my case the visa officer stated that no true emotions was expressed in our wedding pictures and that we were just going through the motions. In her (female VO) own interpretation, it was a setup and a fake to fool her. Yeah right!! She made the conclusion as if she was there.
By the way, my wife's visa was denied at the end. Some of the ridiculous comments made by the officer are what fueled my resolve to appeal it. I wanted to prove that my marriage was genuine and shove it back at the officer's face and I was successful in doing that.

Denying visa to a spouse and facing an appeal process is an agonising experience. The possibility of having ones marriage wrecked and subsequent altering of ones life is very real. As others have mentioned, one of the keys is to provide new evidence to counter the arguement the officer made. Using a lawyer is very beneficial as they can come up with ideas that can neutralise the Visa officer's argument.

Reapplying and being denied again is a tough situation. There is no guaranttee that a third time will be successful. Personally, I will go the appeal route as it's more impartial.

smalls

Jun 15, 2011
aziz2010 said:
hi all of you thanks for your reply i know i will be having hard time with embassy to make them believe my marriage is gunuine so everyone thinks i get refused with this file, but one thing they can not face God when he say something to happen it happens so i have 100 % faith in God with his help inshalah we will win, if you have any new ideas what to add in my file please reply here many thanks.

Aziz
I Think ur wife should get a stamped letter from her doctor witnessing that she really really needs a partner to be with her in this period of her life ...