+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

justpassingby

Dec 26, 2018
Montreal
Hi Laura, I see that we got similar stats. Due to Sydney's backlog, our file was sent to Mississauga before going to Rabat which caused a bit of a delay, and here we are still waiting for the medical request.

I have been reading this thread for the last few months and sincerely it sounded scary. My husband and I had known each other since summer 2017 and we had a small traditional wedding last summer with around 80 guests, since I don't have many acquaintances in morocco. I have read here that they will be asking for additional proofs to confirm our relationship, so I will be visiting morocco soon for work related matters and my husband and I will take this opportunity to meet and visit around (take as many photos as possible). We got solid proofs for social media communication since we talk every single day. So we are preparing ourselves beforehand.

I really hope everything goes well for everyone here.

laura.sbai00

Star Member
Dec 26, 2018
Hi Laura, I see that we got similar stats. Due to Sydney's backlog, our file was sent to Mississauga before going to Rabat which caused a bit of a delay, and here we are still waiting for the medical request.

I have been reading this thread for the last few months and sincerely it sounded scary. My husband and I had known each other since summer 2017 and we had a small traditional wedding last summer with around 80 guests, since I don't have many acquaintances in morocco. I have read here that they will be asking for additional proofs to confirm our relationship, so I will be visiting morocco soon for work related matters and my husband and I will take this opportunity to meet and visit around (take as many photos as possible). We got solid proofs for social media communication since we talk every single day. So we are preparing ourselves beforehand.

I really hope everything goes well for everyone here.
Hello!
I read through this thread as well, and freaked out. We have enough proof to keep them bust for weeks looking through it all LOL. Our marriage situation is a bit similar. We did our paperwork in June, with a VERY small ceremony because of work and family schedules. Our big henna is next month and we're also doing a western style ceremony in the Sahara. So Im hoping they dont ask for the proof until after i get home.lol Then I'll have those photos to send as well.

I hope so too!

allyh

Star Member
Sep 17, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
12-03-2018
AOR Received.
25-04-2018
File Transfer...
18-05-2018
Med's Request
04-05-2018
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
15-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2019
LANDED..........
01-04-2019
Hi Everyone

My wife received her visa today. She had to be at the embassy at 8am. She was a bit scared just being in the building today. She was asked to take off her phone, she handed them her bag, coat etc... and they gave her a key and badge. She then submitted her invitation letter, her pictures (she had to take 2 additional pictures) and her passport. She was put into a room to watch a video about Canada which she said looked very old. She said there was around 33 people in this room. They then started to call names one by one to give them a folder( I think this is the application or proofs of relationship) the COPR, another paper and her passport. In total the entire process took us 1 year and 8 days.

It's true what they say. Once you finish this, you forget about all the agonizing waiting. Before you know it, your spouses will be asked to pick up their visas.

gogetter13

Jan 29, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
02-08-2018
AOR Received.
18-09-2018
File Transfer...
24-12-2018
Thanks so much for the response.
I was curious about it for a non immigration reason as well. I took the original I had and the certified translation to Service Ontario to change my last name and the lady working there said she needed to verify it was the “correct” document. She faxed it to whatever headquarters and they came back saying it was a municipal document and not a federal one and so therefore wasn’t sufficient to change my name. I thought this was total bs, because my husband had asked the adul if there was another certificate given to ppl and he said no. I did however see some ppl on here who had sent them to Rabat to be certified. Which is what sparked my worry about immigration as well.
Thanks to both yourself and Allyh, I feel a lot better about the immigration portion of it at least. :)
Wow. I took our marriage certificate and the translated version into service ontario and she changed my name for me. Where in Ontario do u live? I changed mine here in London.

laura.sbai00

Star Member
Dec 26, 2018
Wow. I took our marriage certificate and the translated version into service ontario and she changed my name for me. Where in Ontario do u live? I changed mine here in London.
I’m in Hamilton. I think the counter lady just had no clue what she was doing tbh. I’m gunna try it again and hopefully someone else won’t question it. I don’t have the original anymore tho, I sent it with my application package cause my husband has the second copy in Morocco. Was urs a copy or original

Reactions: ginabrigi

ImranJ

Mar 23, 2019
Salam - hi everyone
Im new in this site i would like to know what happens after getting biometrics and the Medical Exam done in rabat ?

my Lawyer sent the appication on February/12
And on march/20 we got an email requesting my wife to get her Biometrics done and her Medical Exam
Is this normal ? I didnt think that they will request the Medical exam and the biometric that soon
Is it because the system has changed ?
Thank you ..
good luck everyone .

laura.sbai00

Star Member
Dec 26, 2018
Salam - hi everyone
Im new in this site i would like to know what happens after getting biometrics and the Medical Exam done in rabat ?

my Lawyer sent the appication on February/12
And on march/20 we got an email requesting my wife to get her Biometrics done and her Medical Exam
Is this normal ? I didnt think that they will request the Medical exam and the biometric that soon
Is it because the system has changed ?
Thank you ..
good luck everyone .
Salam,

Medicals and biometrics are part of the initial stages of the application. Generally it follows:
AOR
SA approval
Biometrics request
Medical request
Then transfer to applicants local VO, in this case it’s Rabat.
After reading this thread it seems that at that point it takes a further 8 months to complete. Making it the full 12 months in total. Most ppl get additional proof requested, and a lot of ppl will have an interview as well.
Hope that helps.

Reactions: ImranJ

ImranJ

Mar 23, 2019
Salam,

Medicals and biometrics are part of the initial stages of the application. Generally it follows:
AOR
SA approval
Biometrics request
Medical request
Then transfer to applicants local VO, in this case it’s Rabat.
After reading this thread it seems that at that point it takes a further 8 months to complete. Making it the full 12 months in total. Most ppl get additional proof requested, and a lot of ppl will have an interview as well.
Hope that helps.

Thank you so much for your message
i didnt think that they do request the medical and biometrics now
but its good to get it done now and not to worry about it in the end
Thanks again for your help

Reactions: laura.sbai00
Mar 28, 2019
congratulations on every one who received there visa,I'm actually been waiting since May,29 /. 2018, we did receive a request for additional documents,,such messages, etc.,we submitted them immediately,we had til, Feb 15/2019 to March 15 /2019 , I was wondering what is the next step in this process, thank you

Mar 28, 2019
Hi Everyone

My wife received her visa today. She had to be at the embassy at 8am. She was a bit scared just being in the building today. She was asked to take off her phone, she handed them her bag, coat etc... and they gave her a key and badge. She then submitted her invitation letter, her pictures (she had to take 2 additional pictures) and her passport. She was put into a room to watch a video about Canada which she said looked very old. She said there was around 33 people in this room. They then started to call names one by one to give them a folder( I think this is the application or proofs of relationship) the COPR, another paper and her passport. In total the entire process took us 1 year and 8 days.

It's true what they say. Once you finish this, you forget about all the agonizing waiting. Before you know it, your spouses will be asked to pick up their visas.
Congratulations on your visa,I'm so happy for you both.

Reactions: ImranJ and allyh

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi Everyone

Congratulations!
Very old video indeed! It's straight from the 90s :D. Had to sit through it myself for an hour. Showing people going to a cyber café to apply for jobs, fat computer screens, and cars straight from a NYPD BLUE episode. :D
But you know, as Morocco applicants/residents, we're very lucky because we get Passport Requests on Fridays, and an appointment for the following Wednesday to receive Visa and CoPR the same day, in a typically Moroccan large brown enveloppe. :p
In most other countries, you have to send your passport through VFS and just sit back and wait all over again :D

Wafa25

Oct 6, 2012
Hi I applied to sponsor my husband feb 23 2018 just got decision made on Ecas but I haven’t received any email about the desicion I’m so worried did anyone receive desicion made and no email

laura.sbai00

Star Member
Dec 26, 2018
Hi I applied to sponsor my husband feb 23 2018 just got decision made on Ecas but I haven’t received any email about the desicion I’m so worried did anyone receive desicion made and no email
Pretty sure there isn’t an email sent out for that. Next correspondence would be an email for PPR, which can take a few weeks. Allyh and his wife got their email to go to the embassy i think about 14 days after their DM.
You’re sooo far over the one year....why did it take so long? Did you not contact anyone at the one year mark to find out what was causing the delay?

Last edited:

Wafa25

Oct 6, 2012
Pretty sure there isn’t an email sent out for that. Next correspondence would be an email for PPR, which can take a few weeks. Allyh and his wife got their email to go to the embassy i think about 14 days after their DM.
You’re sooo far over the one year....why did it take so long? Did you not contact anyone at the one year mark to find out what was causing the delay?
I have contacted my mp so many times and they said they still didint start background and that they can’t give me a reason why as there not the one who process background check but now when I call the automated phone number they say that the background check is in process and on Ecas it says decision made for Pr applicant so I don’t know what’s next I’m just tired of waiting I just had a baby I was hoping my husband would be here for the delivery since they say they process all application in 12 months but for me it was more and still waiting

gogetter13

Jan 29, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
02-08-2018
AOR Received.
18-09-2018
File Transfer...
24-12-2018
I have contacted my mp so many times and they said they still didint start background and that they can’t give me a reason why as there not the one who process background check but now when I call the automated phone number they say that the background check is in process and on Ecas it says decision made for Pr applicant so I don’t know what’s next I’m just tired of waiting I just had a baby I was hoping my husband would be here for the delivery since they say they process all application in 12 months but for me it was more and still waiting
Wow that is really terrible that they didn't get it processed faster for you. Congrats on the baby . Sure you all will be together soon <3