Oct 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2011
Congrats Vjamal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im happy for you and i wish you all the best!!!!!!!!!!! :) Finally its done and you can be reunited with your husband!!!

Habibti, its my 3rd time here and i finally see the morroco culture.... sometimes i don't like it but ehh..

i hope eveything will be alright with you!!!

vjamal

Star Member
May 17, 2010
montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks all ....i really appreciate all the nice words and congrats and you all are also in my heart and wishing everyone the same news!!!!!

the only question is my husband will come insha allah the end of august then i absolutely need a vacation im so stressed out with all this crazyness of immigration on top im doing overtime every single day at work and im just so tired and i would love to go on vacation to Cuba ......do you think my hubby can come with me????when can they travel?

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
06-12-07/09-24-08/09-27-11
Ok y'all I got our CAIPS notes. Nothing major discovered. The good news: the file is no longer with CSIS and is back in Rabat. The file is being processed and there is no issues with our marriage or with criminal inadmissabity. The bad news: it's not clear why they rescinded the request for medical. My guess is they have to confirm his police record from Taiwan.

The updated paperwork was stamped January 23, so I am also thinking that we are being processed with that as our AOR date. Meaning we probably shouldn't expect the request for the medical until october/november. Which is totally unfair if that is the case. Would seem to me after 5 years they would do us the courtesy of putting us at the top of the list.

Anyone have any insight on to how Rabat works in these matters (rjessome I hope you are lurking).

Lynn

djinna

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2011
Hey!! i just wanna say, the day my husband got the visa, someone also got the visa and didnt watch the film.. im saying this because the embassy dont need to wait on a certain day to put the visa, if the stamp is here, they will just put it on the passport!!

My friend who will sponsor her husband from tunis told me that when she did her paper for the marriage, everytime they went to certify them or i dont know remember what exactly, it was closed or the person wasnt there.. so the secretary saw her and my friend told her about the situation and therefore, the secretary went in to get the stamp for something and thats it!! Sometimes you are lucky and we prayed a lot!!

Habibti, my previous message wasnt conforting and im sorry... it wasnt my day even tho we have the visa... we arent perfect! we are human!
I sincerely wish you all the best and i hope everything will be alright for you!!! :)

im leaving at the end of ramadan and my husband finally book his first ever ticket hehe on sept. 6!! finally its done!!

Stay strong everyone and congrats again vjamal!!! :D

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
No problem djinna. I did not have any problem with any of your messages. I can see my husband and I are in a different stage of our relationship and we have started to clash due to cultural differences. I don't like it much either here lol

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
Habibti said:
No problem djinna. I did not have any problem with any of your messages. I can see my husband and I are in a different stage of our relationship and we have started to clash due to cultural differences. I don't like it much either here lol
It's really hard. Too hard. Really. You did exactly the right thing before. Keep talking to your husband. Be clear about what you want and expect from him. Set the bar high and Don't settle for less now. It won't be different later. I promise. Promise.

Good luck. I know how frustrating it is.

Lynn

vjamal

Star Member
May 17, 2010
montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi guys...thanks djinna again .....

habibti you dont like it in morocco wow.....just wanted to let you know i dont really think its a question of culture but question of respect .....i was with my husband for 6mths in morocco and her never came home past midnight and thta only due to baptism or wedding only men that was attending.....so i cant say that ...my husband always told me where he is always called. im just telling you that keep on communicating and know that people sont change just compromise......

betty what do u mean its on the way from now ???????????????

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
vjamal said:
betty what do u mean its on the way from now ???????????????
When he lands, part of the paper work will be filling out the form for the PR card. I think it generally takes 4-6 weeks once you land.

Lynn

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
Got news from our Immigration consultant. The Minister's counsel has been given until July 19th to provide his final arguments. Then, our immigration consultant will be allowed to respond on or before July 26th. Pain and anxiety are back...

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
Habibti said:
Got news from our Immigration consultant. The Minister's counsel has been given until July 19th to provide his final arguments. Then, our immigration consultant will be allowed to respond on or before July 26th. Pain and anxiety are back...
God this is sloooooow. How long after your consultant responds will the judge rule?

Lynn

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
locolynn said:
God this is sloooooow. How long after your consultant responds will the judge rule?

Lynn
It could take 6 weeks :(
Every day I believe less... that the decision will be overturned.

vjamal

Star Member
May 17, 2010
montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Habibti,
i know its really hard but try not to think about it for now you are with ur hubby take advantage and enjoy and be positive ....it will help the situation...

I had my bad days but i would try to be as positive and pray everyday and look at the end my hubby is coming in 1mth after ramadan finishes ...this whole nightmare is finished and we can build our lives together......and i took 2weeks vacation when he will arrive too bad we cannot travel :(................

hows the beach though are u having fun? i would love to visit el jadida one day......and you said you r renting a villa for the whole time your there or r u traveling .....

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
On July 4, I went to the souk by myself to buy us some food with my money. It was my first time alone in that city. On the way back, I got lost and for more than one hour I walked with my heavy bags in the sun. After several text messages with my husband, I finally found my way to the mosque where he usually goes. He phoned me and then he found me. I was getting an ice cream next to the mosque because I was shaking (I suffer from hypoclycemia and I have not eaten in a long time). He did not come to me. He made me a sign to come to him. I told him to come and showed him the bags on the ground. I thought we could eat an ice cream together like we used to during my other trips.

He would not bulge. Finally, I went to him and I left the groceries at the ice cream shop. He went to get them and he got angry that he had to get them. I said they were heavy and they were hurting my arms. He took the bags and said they were not heavy at all. I said that I was carrying them for more than one hour and my arms got sore. Then, he mocked me saying in a plaintive voice: "It is heavy". All the way he was angry. He said I should go to the souk with him or if I want to go alone I should manage by myself without his help. Then, as I was eating my ice cream, he violently grabbed it, took a bit and threw it on the ground. Then, at home, he continue imitating me and mocking me.... "That's heavy".

A few days later, my husband borrowed the car from his brother for a couple of days. My brother-in-law needed his car back. So my husband left last night around 8:30 and he said he would be back at 10:30. He had to go back to another city which is 30 minutes from where we rent a villa.

That night I got quite busy with online work and then I realized it was 11:30. Since there was so much work, I continued working but I was worried. Finally, at 12:30 I text him... asking him where he was. He text me saying that he was waiting for his brother in a cafe as he will give him a ride home. At 1:00 I decided to go to bed as I was very tired. I felt asleep right away and woke up at 3:00 am. My husband was not there! I freaked out! I text him.. no answer. I text him 10 minutes later... no answer. I tried to call him, it was a recorded message from Meditel. I was in total panic. Ten minutes later I text him again. Finally he text back saying not to worry and he is coming.

He got home at 4:00 am !!!! I was mad at him. He said there were visitors last night at his house and he took coffee with them until 11:30. Then, he had a hard time to find a taxi. His brother who is working in their shop told him he would give him a ride once the shop is closed. So when they closed the shop, my husband, his brother and their friend got in the car. They took a wrong turn and it reminded them of a place where they used to go during their childhood. They spent some time there.

My husband says it is in their culture not to tell their wife when they are out. His father used to do that with his mother, not telling where he was going and when he was coming back. My husband said that I should not have worried and sleep since I was safe and sound. It was not like I was in the middle of the jungle! He also said that when people are not working, day becomes night and night becomes day. They live with the flow... they have no routine. After some discussion, he admitted what he did was wrong, that is not having the consideration to think of me in all this. He said next time, he will communicate more with me.

One or two days after this event, another incident happened during meal time. I was sitting on an ottoman. I got up to get something from the kitchen. When I came back to sit down, my husband pushed back the ottoman far from me and I fell right on my coccyx. It hurts so much and he was laughing. He told me it was an accident, he did not do it on purpose. I have doubts...

Later that week (July 13), I gave him 800 dihrams so he could buy himself sunglasses. He broke his by accident some weeks before and knowing how his eyes are sensitive to the sun, I wanted him to have a new pair. For me, health matters regarding my son or my husband or even myself are my priority. He did not know how much they would cost but if it cost less than 800 dihrams, he would bring back the change. I said yes, because we needed the money for food. He had appointment in the city with his friend who knew the owner of a shop. He left around 4:00 pm. I went to the souk and text him around 5:30 to ask him if he needed any food. He text back right away saying no. He also said he was in a cafe with his friend and in half an hour they would go shopping for sunglasses.

Around 7:30 pm, I started to be hungry. I text my husband: "Are we going to have dinner soon?". No reply. Fifteen minutes later, I tried again. No reply. It was 8:00 pm and I decided to phone him. He said that he was still shopping and was not hungry since he had coffee and croissants in the cafe. He said he never received my two text messages about dinner. I got upset. He said he would not go shopping and come home right away. I hung up on him and at 9:30 pm he showed up. I was upset. He said he had to go to mosque and spend time in a cafe with his friend he has not seen in 2 or 3 months. But what about me??? He has not seen me in one year!!! He was so happy to show me his new sunglasses and the beautiful book he got with the change. Not once he thanked me. He said that I should stop complaining because he won't be able to stand for long that kind of behavior. It made me more upset.

On July 14, we went to Casablanca to visit the Morocco mall. We were trying to find a parking space. He asked me where he should park. I told him where and he raised his voice and he said: "Shut up!". I told him it was not right to talk to me that way. He said that he was nervous and did not mean to.

Today July 19, we got ready to go to the beach. I heard my husband calling me from the kitchen. You could tell he was angry. He opened the fridge to show me. On a shelve, there was one teaspoon of sand. It is because when we came back last night very late from the beach, I put my bottle of Sprite in the fridge. I guess I did not notice there was sand at the bottom of the bottle. I told him it was not a reason to get angry with me. He said that what I did was a serious offense and he punched my arm (not to the point to injure me). He said I was doing nothing, no cleaning, no tidying up, nothing. It is not true! Once in a while when I have some time, I do a few things here and there but he does not notice I guess. Most of the times, I keep very busy with online work as there is competition. I am under pressure regarding money. If I don't find money, I cannot pay my monthly bills, provide for my son or even cover our food and villa and other expenses here in El Jadida. I tried to explain to him I cannot take care of everything. He poured the bottle of Sprite on me. I was wearing my dress I wear usually for the beach. I have to go wash it and I gave up on our outing. He continued accusing me. What I did was totally wrong. I could have spoiled the eggs, the cheese, the fruits, etc. There was only one teaspoon of sand on a shelve and on that shelve there were the bottle of Sprite, a bottle of water, a jar of jam and a bottle of maple syrup. He insisted we go to the beach. I said no and I started to clean up, tidy up and organizing the whole apartment. I went back to work on my computer. He came to me. I told him to stay away from me as I was scared of him. I told him his behavior was abusive. For what I did (the sand), I did not deserve this kind of reaction that was 100 times worst. He got so angry that he punched the wall and broke into pieces the switch for the light. Later he told me he was hoping I learned my lesson!!!

Ok... ok... I hear you. I know you cannot believe your eyes and I know what you are thinking. If I was reading this, I would say: "Run away!". I know deep down that my husband is not using me for entry to Canada. I know deep down how he loves me. He was almost crying one day this week as he is so scared to lose me because of the decision of the Ministry's counsel. I could see how he was in pain that day. He has anger management issues and it has nothing with Immigration. We are married and I cannot throw that marriage away impulsively. I am not in a position to do anything right now. I miss home terribly, I miss my son even more. I am stuck here until September 2nd. I gave up my whole summer to be with my husband. I would prefer 100 times more to be at my lake, going camping with my son, driving my car in the Okanagan valley, be on my patio at night, working in my gardens, etc. I don't have the financial means to change my flight. I know no one here who could pick me up with my suitcases and drive me to the airport which is 90 minutes away.

The Ministry's counsel is supposed to submit his report today. If he has not decided to overturn the decision, I still want my immigration consultant to go ahead with her final reply to him. I still want the judge to decide our fate because I believe in God. Whatever the outcome of this whole nightmare, I want to go to the end, until the arrival line. And from there, I will take the right decision. I want my immigration consultant to do her job in a professional manner in the event she reads these lines. I hope her final arguments won't be influenced by all this.

I am writing all this because maybe someone will shake me in the right way. Also because what I am writing might serve someone or have a purpose one day. This story has a moral. You don't know someone until you go through stuff together. I am so so so sad. You cannot imagine the depth of my sadness. The person I am dealing with is not the person I used to know for four years. I feel I lost that person. In the other hand, I see something very good in him. He told his mother about the incidents when I got lost and the two times he came back home very late without letting me know. She scolded him and told him I was right. She told him to take care of me and with humility he accepted what she said. He apologized to me and he admitted what he did wrong. I am not done with reflecting. I just feel like someone who lost her way in the dark forest.

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
Habibti.....................................................

There are many things I want to say right now...but I don't know if you are ready to hear it.