Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
djinna said:
Hi everyone,

I feel bad for all of you and i hope everything will be alright!!!

The only i can say and i know you are all happy for me but don't understand how i got it fast... Please don't hate me because i feel awkward now but the only thing i can say is ask God to help you. You may not believe but this is my only advice and i wish you girls the best!!!

Take care!!! :) :-*
We don't hate you girl! ;) We are just at a loss to understand what happened!

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
I cannot believe my eyes! My legal counsel sent me this link:

http://www.canlii.org/eliisa/highlight.do?text=morocco+AND+refused+AND+age&language=en&searchTitle=Search+all+CanLII+Databases&path=/en/ca/irb/doc/2007/2007canlii72840/2007canlii72840.html

There are so many similarities between their case and ours! I thought I was reading our story lol She met her husband in the same circumstances. My husband met me on a website for languages to improve his French. All the rest is so alike or almost the same! And they won! That really boosts my spirit!

vjamal

Star Member
May 17, 2010
montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
habibiti wow but ur not 29years of difference wow.....

djinna we do not hate you on the contrary we are all happy for you in a sort of envy....but trust me i ask god evryday so does my husband his family my family ......but still in this roller coaster

i dont think that i need communicate with my lawyer due to the fact that he will probably charge me for a phone call and lawyers are not cheap....so then i think that if no call this whole week then i will communicate with my MP for sure cause this is ridiculous....
i cant beleive the agent said that she would for the appointment right after receiving the fax ...i dont get it anymore .....

i thought that my hubby would come in june and its cheaper but now hopefully july but then its ramadan and its more expensive crazy...they dont even issue the visa the same week they still give you an appointment in 2to4weeks to pick it up.....

habibti one advice im pretty sure that everything will go well in the hearing and then u will be with ur hubby for 2mths *PROFITE EN MASSE) because after that its like they start over and you wait another 6-8months what the hell.....

djinna

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2011
Hey vjamal and Habibti,

Thank you for responding!!! i understand and there is no problem!! i would feel the same! :)

Good luck and stay strong!!!! :) :-*

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
vjamal said:
habibiti wow but ur not 29years of difference wow.....

djinna we do not hate you on the contrary we are all happy for you in a sort of envy....but trust me i ask god evryday so does my husband his family my family ......but still in this roller coaster

i dont think that i need communicate with my lawyer due to the fact that he will probably charge me for a phone call and lawyers are not cheap....so then i think that if no call this whole week then i will communicate with my MP for sure cause this is ridiculous....
i cant beleive the agent said that she would for the appointment right after receiving the fax ...i dont get it anymore .....

i thought that my hubby would come in june and its cheaper but now hopefully july but then its ramadan and its more expensive crazy...they dont even issue the visa the same week they still give you an appointment in 2to4weeks to pick it up.....

habibti one advice im pretty sure that everything will go well in the hearing and then u will be with ur hubby for 2mths *PROFITE EN MASSE) because after that its like they start over and you wait another 6-8months what the hell.....
Yes, 29 years of difference is a lot, but don't forget that I am 20 years older than my husband and it is a lot too! He started to walk when I started driving my first car! lol lol

Tell me vjamal... what is the worst part of the roller-coaster? The period that is from the moment you send the sponsorship application until the refusal letter (including the interview) OR the period from the refusal letter until the appeal OR the period after the appeal until you hear from the visa office for the visa?

vjamal

Star Member
May 17, 2010
montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
habibti im serious the time that you won the appeal knowing that its all good now till the time they call for the visa cause i waited to get the date then went to court then now waiting and Rabat always from march till now they call asking for documents which are missing but (they have them) like the names of the siblings in arabic ....csq.....what he did the past 10years with dates and adresses and all the mths covered .....its just like we did all this in the first appilcation and now its like they are starting from fresh ....they do not go back and see they just want to make you go coucou.....

it such a big let down that i personally start regretting that i ever did this even though he is awesome but the energy the money the sacrifices the time health wise is just going up and down .....

by example i was invited this weekend to a gathering of my old job ....the job i quit in order to go to morocco for 6mths ....all my ex collegues they were so happy to see me but of course asking me about my husband if he is here and of course i said no im still waiting ...i felt like so ashamed like my life is on hold for the past 2years and even people knew my sacrifices and now still nothing ...oh boy guys im really going on depression ...im really fed up....

i really hope this nightmare finishes soon...its too much

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
vjamal said:
habibti im serious the time that you won the appeal knowing that its all good now till the time they call for the visa cause i waited to get the date then went to court then now waiting and Rabat always from march till now they call asking for documents which are missing but (they have them) like the names of the siblings in arabic ....csq.....what he did the past 10years with dates and adresses and all the mths covered .....its just like we did all this in the first appilcation and now its like they are starting from fresh ....they do not go back and see they just want to make you go coucou.....

it such a big let down that i personally start regretting that i ever did this even though he is awesome but the energy the money the sacrifices the time health wise is just going up and down .....

by example i was invited this weekend to a gathering of my old job ....the job i quit in order to go to morocco for 6mths ....all my ex collegues they were so happy to see me but of course asking me about my husband if he is here and of course i said no im still waiting ...i felt like so ashamed like my life is on hold for the past 2years and even people knew my sacrifices and now still nothing ...oh boy guys im really going on depression ...im really fed up....

i really hope this nightmare finishes soon...its too much
I am so sorry vjamal.... I know you really wish to get out of this nightmare soon! Did you ask help from your MP?

There is one week left before my full hearing!!! I cannot believe it! Tonight I am having another practice with my legal counsel.

I have a few appointments this weekend for a make-over lol (hair cut, having my hair colored and hair removal). Thursday morning before the hearing, I have appointment for make-up application. And finally my husband found a big villa with gardens for my 2 months stay in El Jadida, 10 minutes walk from the beach. Things are getting done for the BIG day! However, I can feel the butterflies in my stomach and all sorts of bugs creeping through my body and my mind lol No, seriously... I might be strong and brave, but I am scared.

vjamal

Star Member
May 17, 2010
montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wow im so jealous in a way that ur going to morocco ...i was supposed to go to el jadida i heard its beautiful there but we decided to go to saidia instead no i havent but i will email the mp now ...hopefully they can contact the embassy tomorow wish me luck .....

Sorry about that guys sometimes i get in such a downer with anger it takes a toll on me some days more then others....

habibti just and advice dont go crazy with make up or jewellery for the hearing they dont need to see u having too much material stuff...

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
vjamal said:
wow im so jealous in a way that ur going to morocco ...i was supposed to go to el jadida i heard its beautiful there but we decided to go to saidia instead no i havent but i will email the mp now ...hopefully they can contact the embassy tomorow wish me luck .....

Sorry about that guys sometimes i get in such a downer with anger it takes a toll on me some days more then others....

habibti just and advice dont go crazy with make up or jewellery for the hearing they dont need to see u having too much material stuff...
Noooo... don't worry. You don't know me. I am the natural type and I wear very simple things. The only jewellery will be my wedding rings and my earrings. I just wear mascara every day. I just want something natural to enhance my beauty lol so I don't look like an old tired 49 years old (I will turn 49 this Saturday). I do look very worn out as I have been working 3 jobs 7 days a week since October and add all the stress, the anxiety, the grief... Do you see the picture? I look gray! I need a bit of colors so I don't look like a corpse in court lol

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
We might get the visa !!! My legal counsel took 8 hours to write a 6 page letter to the opposite counsel asking him for consent in order to avoid going to court, that way money and time won't be wasted. They just talked a long time on the phone. He is conceding on many points even the age difference!!! He said he has no problem granting the visa but he still wants the full hearing to take place to hear me and my husband. He said his only concern are the cultural differences. He just want to hear us and if he is satisfied, he has no objection to grant the visa !!!!

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
06-12-07/09-24-08/09-27-11
Habibti said:
We might get the visa !!! My legal counsel took 8 hours to write a 6 page letter to the opposite counsel asking him for consent in order to avoid going to court, that way money and time won't be wasted. They just talked a long time on the phone. He is conceding on many points even the age difference!!! He said he has no problem granting the visa but he still wants the full hearing to take place to hear me and my husband. He said his only concern are the cultural differences. He just want to hear us and if he is satisfied, he has no objection to grant the visa !!!!
Congratulations! You can definitely count that as a small win! Stay positive, I'm certain that yours and your husband's live will shine through at the hearing!

One question...does opposing counsel grant visas? I thought that if you won the file when back to Rabat where they reassess your file and they make the decision, and that theoretically they could refuse you on different grounds (though I doubt that ever happens).

Good luck habibti, you and your husband will be together soon!

Lynn

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
locolynn said:
One question...does opposing counsel grant visas? I thought that if you won the file when back to Rabat where they reassess your file and they make the decision, and that theoretically they could refuse you on different grounds (though I doubt that ever happens).

Good luck habibti, you and your husband will be together soon!

Lynn
You are right Lynn. Opposing counsel does not grant visas. What can happen is they can consent to the Appellant's applicaton for appeal meaning that they agree to overturn the decision to refuse the PR application on the grounds of bad faith. If that happens the application is sent back for reassessment by another visa officer and cannot be refused on the same grounds again. So in the case of spousal/CL sponsorships, the bad faith grounds for refusal are inclusive now so the only other grounds for refusal would be medical or criminal inadmissibility.

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
rjessome said:
You are right Lynn. Opposing counsel does not grant visas. What can happen is they can consent to the Appellant's applicaton for appeal meaning that they agree to overturn the decision to refuse the PR application on the grounds of bad faith. If that happens the application is sent back for reassessment by another visa officer and cannot be refused on the same grounds again. So in the case of spousal/CL sponsorships, the bad faith grounds for refusal are inclusive now so the only other grounds for refusal would be medical or criminal inadmissibility.
That is another stress!!! I did not know that my nightmare is going to continue for months and months... not knowing if my husband will be granted visa or not at the end!

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
06-12-07/09-24-08/09-27-11
Habibti said:
That is another stress!!! I did not know that my nightmare is going to continue for months and months... not knowing if my husband will be granted visa or not at the end!
I am pretty sure it's a rare situation. You have nothing to worry about. Just focus on the appeal!!

Lynn

vjamal

Star Member
May 17, 2010
montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Habibti thats really good news wishing u luck ......

i hope we have a really good week.....On thursday i wrote to my deputy and they they wil communicate with the embassy and will let me know so im praying that this week our luck will change ...I miss my husband really bad ......its going to be 11months on July 4th i havent see him...wow i hate being patient its really hard but i know in my heart that its worth it ....Insha Allah everyone will have some good news...... :)