10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
ddobro2 said:
"According to the evidence, the appellant [that's the woman] proposed marriage in July 2006[7] and the applicant [that's the man] accepted."
Really? I have to read it again. It was during my short break at work I read the whole thing. Thanks for letting me know! But still.... I find it strange they did not know things about each other, important stuff to know.

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
ddobro2 said:
"According to the evidence, the appellant [that's the woman] proposed marriage in July 2006[7] and the applicant [that's the man] accepted."
OK... I just read this: "she testified that the separation occurred in July 2006".

So she separated from her boyfriend, common-in-law or husband (I don't know) in July 2006 and then proposed marriage the same month and year to another man???

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
Habibti said:
OK... I just read this: "she testified that the separation occurred in July 2006".

So she separated from her boyfriend, common-in-law or husband (I don't know) in July 2006 and then proposed marriage the same month and year to another man???
Yea I thought that was kinda strange too. I was not sure I was reading it right at the time.

This whole situation seems very odd to me. Age...relationship timing...lack of knowledge...etc

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
06-12-07/09-24-08/09-27-11
Well that was some interesting reading. It's amazing that this info is just sitting there online...wow.

While I do think that CIC does make things unbearable for genuine couples...I would guess MOST cases of sponsorship based on a genuine marriage are eventually approved.

I am reminded of a previous poster on this thread "confusedand..." where the application was denied...won on appeal but denied at port of entry and finally allowed only to have it revealed as a MOC....

Harsh as CIC can be...if it walks like a duck...

Lynn

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
locolynn said:
Well that was some interesting reading. It's amazing that this info is just sitting there online...wow.

While I do think that CIC does make things unbearable for genuine couples...I would guess MOST cases of sponsorship based on a genuine marriage are eventually approved.

I am reminded of a previous poster on this thread "confusedand..." where the application was denied...won on appeal but denied at port of entry and finally allowed only to have it revealed as a MOC....

Lynn
LOLz quack quack... :p

Hey Lynn I have not forgotten your message...just been busy...will get in touch soon ;D

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
dair2dv8103100 said:
LOLz quack quack... :p

Hey Lynn I have not forgotten your message...just been busy...will get in touch soon ;D
No worries whatsoever!!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeppers.
dair2dv8103100 said:
Yea I thought that was kinda strange too. I was not sure I was reading it right at the time.

This whole situation seems very odd to me. Age...relationship timing...lack of knowledge...etc

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
locolynn said:

Lynn
Well said Lynn. Yeah, the don't get it wrong all of the time. Hey, are you guys almost done yet?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aziz,

I hope you realize now what a bad choice it was to drop out of school because you "had such high hopes" that you were going to Canada - high enough hopes that it evidently convinced you it was a sure thing you were going to Canada, unless you just needed an excuse to stop studying, that is. Would you leave a job until you had a new job offer? I hope not. Don't ever put your eggs in one basket, and don't ever put your education at a lower priority that something else in your life.

I don't know why you replied to say that you feel cheered up - what we're saying is in fact we feel *less* certain that your new file will be successful after reading the account of your case in that Reasons and Decision document. There's one thing that *should* cheer you up, though: you still have your whole life ahead of you, and plenty of time to attain your dream, whether that is to go to Canada (honestly) or to stay in Morocco and become a successful and valued part of your family and community.

Where do you live by the way? My husband is from Oued-Zem.
aziz2010 said:
hi thanks all for supporting replies it really cheers me up i was feeling down yes i can finish my last year of education guess why i left my school on 2007 because i was having so much hopes going to canada and build future there with my wife and her family, but the good thing here in Morocco you can finish your high school education whenever you are ready, and now i registered in british council IELTS TEST its on 08/10/2011 at 8 pray all for me so i can immigrate or get job with this IELTS do you think this is good ?? also i am applying to Morocco government to finish my last year of education, rjessome can you give me your phone number ? i like your message and would like to discuss some things many thanks all of you.

Aziz

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
I think Aziz is just a naive person, not really comprehending what's happening and what has already happened!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You might very well be right, I just want to give him the benefit of the doubt because he is so young. What is to say that one day when he is older he won't look back on this whole adventure and realize how foolish he was to not have his priorities in order? I sure hope so. Anyway, I just really wanted to give him some advice, even though I am not THAT much older than him (but still), along with the good advice that you & others here have given him. I sure hope he listens.
shamsia said:
I think Aziz is just a naive person, not really comprehending what's happening and what has already happened!

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
rjessome said:
Well said Lynn. Yeah, the don't get it wrong all of the time. Hey, are you guys almost done yet?
Incha Allah!!! We have another interview for the end of this month...we are hoping that is the final step. But it's the government so, who knows. He could be called for an interview because someone forgot to cross a t or dot an i so they have to redo the whole process.

Lynn

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
ddobro2 said:
You might very well be right, I just want to give him the benefit of the doubt because he is so young. What is to say that one day when he is older he won't look back on this whole adventure and realize how foolish he was to not have his priorities in order? I sure hope so. Anyway, I just really wanted to give him some advice, even though I am not THAT much older than him (but still), along with the good advice that you & others here have given him. I sure hope he listens.
You have given him some sound advice here and I like the fact that you have so much faith in him & in humanity in general. Not wanting to sound jaded here, but two rejections and a court appeal later, you still think that IELTS will do the trick...do you even realise the enormity of the situation?

Bahhh!! I wish I was more blessed in the 'suffer fools gladly' department!! :p

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aww, thanks. :D This is so ironic you're saying that because I consider myself a pretty negative person in real life. Maybe my hopeful side comes out online or maybe it comes out about others and never myself - hmn, food for thought. About the IELTS: I NEVER said that him taking the test and passing it would impact his application in any real way. The problem with that case has nothing to do with his English skills, I'm pretty sure. I can't give him advice about it at all, really. Do I think he should improve his English (which is already not bad)? Sure, why not? My advice was more general and for him to change his way of thinking and prioritizing things in his life.
shamsia said:
You have given him some sound advice here and I like the fact that you have so much faith in him & in humanity in general. Not wanting to sound jaded here, but two rejections and a court appeal later, you still think that IELTS will do the trick...do you even realise the enormity of the situation?

Bahhh!! I wish I was more blessed in the 'suffer fools gladly' department!! :p

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
"Not wanting to sound jaded here, but two rejections and a court appeal later, you still think that IELTS will do the trick...do you even realise the enormity of the situation?" was directed towards him :) Ok fine, I was being a sarcastic b**** :p