+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MsLynie said:
I wonder if anyone else had this problem and I read that this was a glitch on the immigration site; anyways, I went to check the status of my husband's permanent residence and the part that said they received his Medical is gone. It's already been a week... If they have it, they have it right? He did his medical on Oct 2011 so it shouldn't have expired yet.
It is just a glitch. CIC is switching over to a new computer system called GCMS (Global Case Management System). All the bugs should be worked out soon. Don't stress about this.

MsLynie

Sep 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
Doc's Request.
15-12-2010
Thank you rjessome!! You're the best! I don't know what I'd do without you. ;D

true-love

Star Member
Nov 4, 2009
hi everybody am back am so sorry to not letting you knowing my news
i have been in Canada 9 months now i have a job
am from rabat if some one need a help am back i miss you all guys and thank you so much for help
how r you rjessome . Native

rabat

Mar 11, 2011
i just did medical today Monday 14/ 03/2011 , and my application ( spouse) in rabat, when are they caling me to have an interview? will they call me or they will send me a lettre? who long do i have to wait after medical is done?

* just to let you know that they started my application on 20 october/2010

thank you in advance!

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rabat said:
i just did medical today Monday 14/ 03/2011 , and my application ( spouse) in rabat, when are they caling me to have an interview? will they call me or they will send me a lettre? who long do i have to wait after medical is done?

* just to let you know that they started my application on 20 october/2010

thank you in advance!
If this is a spousal sponsorship, why did you only do your medical now if your application was sent in October 2010?

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
Hello all...hope you are all well. I have not been on here much because we had some difficulties getting the medical and then I have had to save money for the app....so...

I am totally confused...happens a lot these days :p I went to the site to pay for the the application. I have seen on here saying it is $1040...unless this has changed recently??

But there is a huge list of options and I want to make sure I pay for the right things. Could anyone tell me which one I pay for. The ones I thought I had to pay for add up to $1100. So I think I have made a mistake unless there has been a rise in fees.

Thanks for your help and support...always greatly appreciated :D

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dair2dv8103100 said:
Hello all...hope you are all well. I have not been on here much because we had some difficulties getting the medical and then I have had to save money for the app....so...

I am totally confused...happens a lot these days :p I went to the site to pay for the the application. I have seen on here saying it is $1040...unless this has changed recently??

But there is a huge list of options and I want to make sure I pay for the right things. Could anyone tell me which one I pay for. The ones I thought I had to pay for add up to $1100. So I think I have made a mistake unless there has been a rise in fees.

Thanks for your help and support...always greatly appreciated :D
Hi,

1. Choose Immigration fees
2. Choose Mississauga as the processing office
3. Put 1 in the Right of Permanent Residence Fee box
4. Put 1 in the Sponsorship Application box
5. Put 1 in the Principal Applicant box
6. Click Submit at the bottom of the page

Total = $1040

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
rjessome said:
Hi,

1. Choose Immigration fees
2. Choose Mississauga as the processing office
3. Put 1 in the Right of Permanent Residence Fee box
4. Put 1 in the Sponsorship Application box
5. Put 1 in the Principal Applicant box
6. Click Submit at the bottom of the page

Total = $1040
Awesome...thank you!
YOU ROCK ;D

metalup

Apr 1, 2011
hello folks..im new here ..tried to read all threads but thats just too much im Moroccan from Rabat..planing to marry a canadian woman very soon..so. if there is any moroccan guys here or canadians if u can connect me with ur moroccan partners..just want to know exact stuff about whole marriage visa ..pls PM me if u can:)thank you so much

hopeful_waiting

Star Member
Jan 22, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2009
AOR Received.
March 2009
Interview........
Nov 2009
Passport Req..
Nov 2009
VISA ISSUED...
nov 2009
LANDED..........
Dec 2009
metalup said:
hello folks..im new here ..tried to read all threads but thats just too much im Moroccan from Rabat..planing to marry a canadian woman very soon..so. if there is any moroccan guys here or canadians if u can connect me with ur moroccan partners..just want to know exact stuff about whole marriage visa ..pls PM me if u can:)thank you so much
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/morocco-maroc/consular_services_consulaires/marriage-mariage.aspx?lang=eng

To establish a Moroccan marriage certificate in Morocco, you will find hereafter, as an indication, a list of the principal necessary documents.

Request documents :
1- Request for marriage written in language Arab and intended for the Judge of the family court (Court of the city where the marriage certificate will be established);
2- Four (04) color photographs ;
3- Certificate of birth with complete filiation (names and first names of the parents) ;
4- Statement of criminal record (or lack thereof) issued by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) ;
5- Certificate of nationality delivered by the Embassy of Canada in Rabat - Morocco ;
6- Medical certificate attesting the absence of any transmissible disease ;
7- Certificate of conversion to Islam delivered by an approved imam (Moslem preacher) of a mosque, or a proof of Moslem confession ;
8- For the non Moslem women, the proof of their Jewish or Christian confession ;
9- Certificate of employment and wages ;
10- Act of divorce in the event of former marriage, duly legalized by the Canadian ministry of the Foreign Affairs in Ottawa ;
11- Certificate of death of the ex-husband for the widowers ;
12- Passport + copy of the page mentioning the date of entry in Morocco (proof of presence in Morocco) ;
13- Certificate of capacity of marriage, delivered by the Embassy of Canada in Rabat (certificate specifying your marital status...).
14- Statement of criminal record issued by the Morrocan Ministry of Justice in Rabat - Morocco ;

http://www.consulatdumaroc.ca/english.htm

metalup

Apr 1, 2011
thanks..and wish if there is any moroccans here to talk to a bit!..i got another question : does my gf needs to visit me for more then once befor marrying ?? cus we are planing to get married in her first time visit.isnt this an issue for our application..thanks

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
metalup said:
thanks..and wish if there is any moroccans here to talk to a bit!..i got another question : does my gf needs to visit me for more then once befor marrying ?? cus we are planing to get married in her first time visit.isnt this an issue for our application..thanks
It could be an issue with proving genuineness of the relationship.

hopeful_waiting

Star Member
Jan 22, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2009
AOR Received.
March 2009
Interview........
Nov 2009
Passport Req..
Nov 2009
VISA ISSUED...
nov 2009
LANDED..........
Dec 2009
metalup said:
a first visit before marriage proves you're not out to just get married to come to Canada. It will help in the embassy's role of thinking marriage is genuine, but first visit marriages have been approved and granted visa also ..just prove you married her for love not to get out of morocco

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hello everyone....

Just want to get some advice/suggestions.

In both the application to sponsor and application for permanent residency it asks for proof of relationship. I talked with my lawyer about this and she suggested that I don't duplicate all the proof. That I have some photos with mine and some with my husbands. I am wondering what others did.

Once thing the lawyer suggested that I liked was to add a cover page to the evidence explaining what I was including and any explanations needed (ie we lost a whole year of msn conversations because of a computer virus) Anyone else done this...like...dislike?

Just want some ideas since I really have to get this done and sent in. We are having a hard time being apart...like I know everyone else is... but I am also having a difficult time feeling confident in my ability to finish this correctly with out him. He is soo organized and I feel all over the place.

Anyway, thanks as always and wishing everyone is happy and healthy.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dair2dv8103100 said:
Hello everyone....

Just want to get some advice/suggestions.

In both the application to sponsor and application for permanent residency it asks for proof of relationship. I talked with my lawyer about this and she suggested that I don't duplicate all the proof. That I have some photos with mine and some with my husbands. I am wondering what others did.

Once thing the lawyer suggested that I liked was to add a cover page to the evidence explaining what I was including and any explanations needed (ie we lost a whole year of msn conversations because of a computer virus) Anyone else done this...like...dislike?

Just want some ideas since I really have to get this done and sent in. We are having a hard time being apart...like I know everyone else is... but I am also having a difficult time feeling confident in my ability to finish this correctly with out him. He is soo organized and I feel all over the place.

Anyway, thanks as always and wishing everyone is happy and healthy.
Hi,

Only send one set of proof. Although it asks for it in both checklists you really only require one set. Some people like a "Table of Contents" however, I prefer to list the items in my submission letter (cover letter). Organize them in the order it requests them in the checklist.