+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband but out of canada

snj

Star Member
Dec 6, 2010
Heylo all,
I am a canadian and my husband is indian. We are settled in the gulf. He is the sole earner and i am a home maker. We are considering to apply for my husband now. Both my kids have canadian passports too. How do we go about doing so? Outland? And how long will the process take?

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Heylo all,
I am a canadian and my husband is indian. We are settled in the gulf. He is the sole earner and i am a home maker. We are considering to apply for my husband now. Both my kids have canadian passports too. How do we go about doing so? Outland? And how long will the process take?
Here is how you go about sponsoring:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse.asp

Yes, would have to be outland.

Take anywhere from 6 months to 18 months from receipt of your full and complete pack at Mississauga to issue of CoPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residence)

snj

Star Member
Dec 6, 2010
Here is how you go about sponsoring:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse.asp

Yes, would have to be outland.

Take anywhere from 6 months to 18 months from receipt of your full and complete pack at Mississauga to issue of CoPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residence)
But i was also wondering, is there a possibility thay we could move in to canada first and then apply. Can he get a visit visa and work permit together and then apply for his pr when we get there. Any idea??

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
But i was also wondering, is there a possibility thay we could move in to canada first and then apply. Can he get a visit visa and work permit together and then apply for his pr when we get there. Any idea??
He could apply for a TRV but chances of approval are low. If he wants to apply for a work permit before coming to Canada, he will need a job offer from an employer in Canada with an approved LMIA.

If the TRV is approved, you guys could come to Canada and apply inland along with an open work permit. It would be 2-4 months before the work permit would be issued.

Reactions: snj