+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring family after arriving under PNP

Betty

Oct 29, 2008
Hey guys,

Just wanted to clear things...Once I immigrate to Canada under any province..
1. How long on an average basis will it take to get the PR?
2. Once I get the PR will I be able to sponsor my family ..at least my two kids ( 5 and 2 )
3. Under PNP, am I able to take my kids along?

Thanx in advance to those who reply :) Hv a nice day!

rgds

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can include your kids on your work permit or PR application so they can come with you and get PR at the same time as you.

In AB, if you are a skilled worker, you have a job offer and you and your employer apply for PNP before you arrive, you can have PR before you arrive or you can apply for a work permit at the same time and arrive as your PR application is being processed or you can come in on a temporary work permit and apply for PNP later. I don't know how common it is to apply right away. I know my employer expects people to work for 6 months before applying for them because he wants to know if they are good workers before wasting time on the paperwork for them.

If you are not on a skilled permit, you have to work 6 months in AB before you can apply for PNP.

Getting PR in AB takes 6 to 15 months.

Cnueva

Nov 10, 2008
How long in BC do you wait for - before you get a PR status ? The sponsorhip is via BC PNP, but I dont know if the kids education are free because the kids will be coming here as Student Visa first, and the couple have working visas....Help ! pls explain - does anyone know ?

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
You get PR status upon Landing,You are a PR upon your landing at the airport,Your school and medical for you and your entire Family is FREE,Whats so difficult about understanding that,this is CANADA,Thats why you selected CANADA right???

Betty

Oct 29, 2008
BCguy said:
You get PR status upon Landing,You are a PR upon your landing at the airport,Your school and medical for you and your entire Family is FREE,Whats so difficult about understanding that,this is CANADA,Thats why you selected CANADA right???
Sorry for ignorance....if one gets PR upon landing, does it mean that he/she does not need to apply for the same? If the work permit is for 1 or 2 years ...what should we do, go on extending? its a little confusing

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah, you don't get PR upon landing unless you had applied for it and gotten your PR visa already. Like you said, you are coming in on a work permit. You can apply for PR later. In BC, you will get health care for you and your family as a temporary worker and you will get free school for your kids so don't worry about it.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
He is arriving under PNP,So I presumed He should have his PR in order,But I stand corrected he could be coming in under a work visa temporarily