+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring a spouse from Egypt

mnassar

Star Member
Nov 19, 2007
thnx 4 the valuable info fairouz

& i want to ask u if u ve any idea where can i translate my high school cert.

thnx alot

good luck 4 all

Nessy

Mar 24, 2008
hey guys,

my hubby is an engineer, and we r kinda worried about him not finding a job because of not being a member of the professional engineers society in canada, after searching through the internet we found some info, but this whole working with a international engineering certificate, do u think it will cause us problems, or...

Thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
He may have to take a job as an assistant until he can get licensed in Canada. You can find licensing info for different provinces at http://www.workdestinations.org/view_occupation.jsp?occupationUserDatumId=12996&lang=en

boujasim

Nov 12, 2008
hello,
i have a question for u egyptions.

if an egyption male,living outside egypt,who has his passport,but is required to go to the army,enno he is "mkhalef" what is he supposed to do? will the immigration refuse his application?

thanks!

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
ok...

first for the medical exam. My advice for u is to do this as the last step. It can be done within aa few days. don't do our mistake. coz we landed just like a week before it expires and we didn't get so many things done over there. The names of the specified doctors who do the exams are in the apendixx u have to download from the website for egypt. So go to either one. I believe i saw two. They know what to do. Just take the paper with u to the doctor. The paper comes with the appendix.

As far as ur kids. I belive if they are canadians, just attached a letter explaning that. Don't add them as you don't need medicals for them. Make sure u do the letter just in case and my advice for u is to write see note on page attached... ok... don't forget this...

if you do a bank draft... I am not really sure if you will get a receipt number... i recommend paying online... if you have bad internet connection.

DHL is the best way to send ur stuff...... hte other thing u could do..is to sendd it with someone to ur mother and then she can send it by express canada post... costed me 18 dollars..... but i had to send the documents to my sister via dhl which costed me about 900 egyptian pounds...... but it is worth it...

I would highly recommend to prove to them ur funding... on both of ur names.. ...

the intentions to restablish in Canada... ok look... if the time comes and they ask for a proof...... depends.. how old are ur kids... just put that u want them to be in school there... get a job offer from a friend or something... get support letters...... state to them why u have been waiting for long and why u stayed in egypt for this long... anyways........

you have to list his sisters and mother in the addistional family members... but not under dependants... just list them in there... it is needed... just don't leave it blank..

ok ...... i am sorry about ur mother but u could use a note from ur mother's doctor to support ur application... ie that u will be taking care of her and that she wants u and ur family all in canada...

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
boujasim ...

you can apply.. there is a form to explain why u haven't done a military service... so just explain in there........ but u can apply... try to get fish w tashbih from the egyptian embassy first.....

boujasim

Nov 12, 2008
aha, thanks dear,

one last thing, i already sent my application,you think when it reaches the visa office i can send them extra papers?? like an explaination about the army and some extra fotos?

M

med

well i used to think that moroccan adminstration sucks but now that i have read abt egypt i thank god am not into thier administration . good luck for my borthers in egypt we are all in the same squadd mare lol .

Nessy

Mar 24, 2008
Hey Guys,

I have a quick question about PR Cards,
Can i apply for a PR Card for my husband before arriving in Canada?, if not how long does he have to stay in Canada before applying for the pr card.
From what i understood he cannot leave and re-enter canada without this pr card. My Problem is that we will be arriving in Canada March 2009, but he will have to return back to Egypt for max. 2 weeks in Aug 2009. Will this be possible??

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can sponsor him from outside Canada if you can prove to immigration that you both intend to live in Canada when he gets his PR.

His PR card gets applied for when he lands in Canada as PR. It takes 4-6 weeks to arrive in the mail so if he needs to leave before then, you can ask about it when he lands. One guy was told he would be ok to enter again if he had his landing papers. Your husband could also apply for a PR travel document to come back. If he is gone long enough that his card has arrived in the mail in Canada, if you have somebody picking up your mail, they can also fed-ex it to you.

Nessy

Mar 24, 2008
I think i might of explained wrong, i already applied from sponsorship and it's approved and we got the visa and all, we plan to go to canada in March, but he will have to return back to Egypt in Aug. I am canadian, he's sponsored. Does he need to apply and get the PR Card before leaving for 1 week to Egypt??

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
His PR card gets applied for when he lands in Canada as PR. He can not apply for it earlier.

It takes 4-6 weeks to arrive in the mail so if he needs to leave before then, you can ask about it when he lands.

One guy was told he would be ok to leave and enter Canada again if he had his landing papers.

Your husband could also apply for a PR travel document to come back.