+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring a spouse from Egypt

bubulah

Sep 18, 2008
To Fairouzm,
It's sooo nice of u...thankz for the help!!! I checked on E-CAS & it says "IN PROCESS," but im not yet satisified on it, i better checked on the site that u gave me maybe that would be much help and understand fully the HK timeline.... Sometimes it drives u crazy thinking about whats gonna happen but I got faith i know it's gonna happen. Wish me luck friend i need that....
Good for u guys, u had united already with ur spouses im so happy for all of u!!! wish i can be with my hubby soon!!! :) :) :)

Hi to ur cute baby............. lol

moosh80

Sep 17, 2008
Hi Fairouzm,
First of all thanks for the info it seem that you know alot ;) and u went thrua lot as well.
well, when i went to the MP he wasnt there coz as u know it is election time now the one who talked to me was the constituency assistant. and what she did was that she took my name and my wife's name and her file number and told me that she will check and let me know...i think she contacted cairo and not ottawa but i hope that my file didnt go down the pile... i dont need more delay :s as for cairo office i did try to contact them and send them an email but as u said no reply.
as u suggested i will go once again to my MP and ask about what u have told me and i hope i will get a better answer this time.
thanks once again fairouzm ;)

Nessy

Mar 24, 2008
hey guys,

i just wanted to ask something, the embassy here in egypt called my husband and asked for him to send them his passport by dhl... but they told him not to expect that they will give it back before a month 'n half, is that normal procedure??? is there like something wrong or does it seem weird??

Thanks

moosh80

Sep 17, 2008
Finally i got an email yesterday requesting the passport :D
i just got a couple of questions... when they say send it by courier... does it have to be DHL or cant it be Fedex or can it be in person? does it make a difference?
do i have to send my info with the passport ... like B file number or the passport alone is fine?
and after the visa is issued isa would they call us to pick it up or would they send us an email?
One last question how long is the visa valid for?

mnassar

Star Member
Nov 19, 2007
hay Nessy
it sounds kinda weird , caz it's normall to request the passport but the weird thing is to tell u not to ecpect anything b4 month & a half.
but let us look at the bright side, requesting the passport is a good thing by itself, just pray Nessy .

moosh80 , i sent mine by TNT u cant send it in person, & yes for sure u have to tell them your file number inorder to deliver it to the embassy & goes to yr file, & then they will call u or send u email telling u to pick up yr passport with the visa isa , so u can call the courier just by phone , give them yr file number again & tell them to pick yr passport from the embassy .
i recommend using TNT , they really know wat they r doing.
congrats by the way & good luck :))

Nessy

Mar 24, 2008
Hey,

I do feel my case is awkward, i recieved a letter from cic-m saying a met the minimum requirements to sponsor 1 month after sending in my application, which and no other letter or contact till now, when the requested my husbands passport, where they said it would spend a month 'n a half with them, and when i came to send it by tnt, they asked for a reference number...i dont have one (that means something is missing in the middle right), but i do have a client number.
my timeline:

July 3rd sent in my applications
Auugust 2nd recieved that letter sayin i met minimum requirements to sponsor my husband
Sept 25th asked for my husbands passport at the Canadian Embassy.

I sent to this address:which was on the letter i recieved from cic-m (is it correct??)
The Canadian Embassy
P.O BOX 2646
Cairo, Egypt.

....I'm Lost..

mnassar

Star Member
Nov 19, 2007
no dont send it by urself , u can email them to get yr file # , this is where ur passport will go into.

The only way u can contact Cairo office is e-mail... they answer in 3-5 days.. so its not that bad...

Go to this website

https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=cairo

Press continue, press I agree.. and do the security test..

Then fill out the forum (write name, D.O.B.. etcc..) and explain to them what u want at the bottom
ask them to reply to u with yr file #

Hope this helps!!

Nessy

Mar 24, 2008
MNASSAR,

I already sent in my husbands passport yesterday, without including a file number, is that ok? or a huge problem?

Jul 29, 2008
hey fairouzm,

i have been reading this forum for the last little while and i have seen that you suggest to talk to our MP's i was just wondering what to say to him/her to get him/her to do anything if they can.....im trying to sponsoring my husband to canada but they said im eligibility was not meet......i have proved to them why i was in receipt of S.S. and they told me they cant change the recommendation......i went to a lawyer and he said they can.....so we are left wth nothing but uncertainty.....do you have any suggestins.....

egyptianprincess

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
well, call cic call center as well. And read the manuals. I don't know how you can over come this problem. I would talk to a laywer.

Try to backup ur self with evidance as well.

Fairouz

Nessy

Mar 24, 2008
Hi mnassar,

I sent it in by tnt, but didnt send in a reference number???..
Just another question, what should i expect after that?? Is it common that they tell us not to expect the passport back for a month n a half??? did anyone get something like that from the embassy?? or would it be that they told us that just in case we had plans for eid or something?..i dunno..

mnassar

Star Member
Nov 19, 2007
Nessy

try to send them an email , tell them that u sent yr husband passport at (& mention the date) by tnt but didnt submit the file # & mention yr husband name as it's written in his passport & his passport # & the client id u got from cpc

wish this could help

GOOD LUCK

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
hello nessy,

well a passport request (in cairo) means that they approve your relationship. The reason they may of said 1 month and a half for is the security clearance. usually it takes 3 - 4 months. So the immigration officer may want to speed up ur application so as soon as they check if the security check is done, then they will issue the visa right away. I would email cic cairo office for your file number as soon as possiable. They asnwered me in two days. :) Ok this happens if they believe ur application and also they classify ur application as routine case and easy case. So good luck! You must of send a good evideance.

Good luck!

Take care.

Nessy

Mar 24, 2008
Thanks Fairouz,

Wallahy ur very helpful...and calmed my anxiety a bit. Where are u in Canada, seriously i gotta meet you sometime..?