+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring a dependant Child from within Canada

tirmizi

Jan 17, 2011
Hi,

I have submitted a PR /Sponsor application for my child from within Canada. I have already received the reciept of PR application from CIC last year.

Now as per latest development they asked to submit the "Evidence of residence and/OR employment for Sponsor's husband in canada".

I dont understand how such document is related to my childs' PR application processing ?
Secondly what can be the evidence of residence..?. (My husband has Permanent Resident status but not living permanently in Canada but visiting reularly)

Kindly guide....
tirmizi

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Then write to them that your husband is not residing in Canada but you are and you are the sponsor.

tirmizi

Jan 17, 2011
Dear Leon,

Reply this way will not affect the application processing ?

Also please advise what can be the reson behind asking such evidence ?

Thanks....

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

tirmizi said:
Dear Leon,

Reply this way will not affect the application processing ?

Also please advise what can be the reson behind asking such evidence ?

Thanks....
Because if the sponsor is a PR and NOT a citizen, they have to reside in Canada the day application is submitted to the day the visa is issued.

tirmizi

Jan 17, 2011
Dear PMM,

The sponsor is already in Canada... CIC asked to provide evidences for Sposor's husband.

Which documents can be presented as an evidence ?

Also Is it possible to submit the requested documents online to CIC ?

Kindly advise...

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tirmizi said:
The sponsor is already in Canada... CIC asked to provide evidences for Sposor's husband.

Which documents can be presented as an evidence ?
Didn't you say that your husband is not residing in Canada? If he is not, what evidence are you planning to submit that he is?

Why not write to them and admit that your husband is not living in Canada although you are?

As for what evidence you can present to say that you are residing in Canada, are you renting or do you own a home? Evidence of that can be presented. Same with utility bills and phone bills. Do you work, study, go to a course, have a hobby, volunteer. Evidence of that can be submitted. Do you yourself or your child visit a doctor or a dentist occasionally? Does your child attend school and your childs teacher know you as the parent? Evidence of this can also be presented.

NBaker

Oct 23, 2011
This is confusing. You were granted PR last year and now seeking to have your child landed.

Is your child in Canada at this time? If so where were they when you applied for PR yourself and were landed? Why was the child not included at the time you applied for yourself?

Is your husband the child's father?

There are far too many facts missing here to be able to answer the question properly.

The only answer that can be given is to the questio of providing proof online - you need to provide this in the manner requested in the application. To date I do not believe there is a way to do so online which leaves mail/courier or fax if by some chance you have a fax number to provide the evidence and hope that it will be attached to your file.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NBaker said:
This is confusing. You were granted PR last year and now seeking to have your child landed.
They applied for the childs PR last year. They actually got their PR in 2007. You can see this by looking at their other posts. The child was born outside Canada because they were living outside Canada at the time. The mother is now in Canada with the children, the father works outside Canada.

tirmizi

Jan 17, 2011
Thats great Leon ... your are absolute.....

Re. to Leon's above questions :
Husband is not living in Canada but visiting quite reqularly and returning back permanently by April 2012.
Also he has mortgage, credit card bills, utility bills etc... along with a proof of attending a marriage where he signed as witness on marriage docs.

Actually the things confusing me are :
Why they asked for such details for sponsor's husband.

Secondly The exact phrase they specified in letter is "Please submit evidence of residence and/OR employment of your sponsor's husband in Canada"... The letter is addressed to my child.
The evidence of residence can only be a PR card of husband ! as they as not asking the evidence of living in Canada....

Please comment

Thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tirmizi said:
Actually the things confusing me are :
Why they asked for such details for sponsor's husband.

Secondly The exact phrase they specified in letter is "Please submit evidence of residence and/OR employment of your sponsor's husband in Canada"... The letter is addressed to my child.
The evidence of residence can only be a PR card of husband ! as they as not asking the evidence of living in Canada....
The way I see it is that they are asking for evidence of living in Canada for the husband. Evidence of residence or employment. They already know he has a PR card. Why are they doing that? Beats me. Maybe they are trying to establish that you as a family are not really living in Canada because the husband is not. However, that should not matter. The sponsor is residing in Canada, that is it. Just admit to them that the husband is not living in Canada at the moment and is not working in Canada at the moment either but he is supporting you financially through his job working overseas. You can send them an account statement where I am sure they will see that your husband is sending you money.

tirmizi

Jan 17, 2011
Thanks Leon ....

Now if i will represent the way you advised I don't have bank statements showing that. I mean i am not receiving money via bank..as my husband is visiting quite regularly...

Is there any other document i can present for the same ?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tirmizi said:
Thanks Leon ....

Now if i will represent the way you advised I don't have bank statements showing that. I mean i am not receiving money via bank..as my husband is visiting quite regularly...

Is there any other document i can present for the same ?
So you are living competely cash, rent paid by cash, utilities and all bills by cash and he brings a stack of money every time he visits? Now that would be hard to prove. If however he is bring a stack of money when he visits and you are depositing it into your account you later use to pay bills from, you could show with a copy of his passport showing the stamps compared with your account statement for deposits that he is bringing you money when he visits.

tirmizi

Jan 17, 2011
Instead of going a difficult way of proving that he is not living but supporting the family from outside Canada , I have more related documents proving that he lives here as he also going to live permanently here in Canada from next month April 2012.

These documents are the credit card bill on his name, mortgage on our name, telephone bills on his name, marriage ceremony where he signed as witness just last month along with ceremony pictures etc..

What do you advise... what can be the drawbacks of this ?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You yourself said he is not residing in Canada. Now you are saying that he is. What if immigration asks you where he works? Is he really going to move in April or are you making that up? Trying to deceive immigration is never a good idea.

tirmizi

Jan 17, 2011
Hi Leon,

I am not thinking to deceive ... actually i am in the middle of the situation where i know that he will be coming to live here from April permanently and at the moment he just spent 4 months in canada in a whole year... by the time CHC will be processing the application, hopefully he will be here and all the documents i mentioned below are genuine.

Your deep understanding and sincere advise is very much appreciated.