+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring a common law partner while still married

ynabella68

May 15, 2012
HELLO EVERYONE..I SEEK FOR AN ADVICE. I am in a big trouble ... I am married in the philippines but i have a common-law partner living in for 12 months already. I want to sponsor my Commom-law partner. But my queston is i already sponsored my husband with my kids, i dont have any choice and we live apart when they came to canada. After 90 days, i live with my bf and been together 12 months now. My old marriage (husband) obviously do not want to cooperate for a divorce where in fact were already separated for 1 year. Can i file a divorce either he will sign it or not? To be able for me to re-marry again or sponsor my common law partner? please i need help. My husband make money from me.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
If you sponsored your husband, you signed a contact agreeing to be responsible for him for 3 years. You cannot sponsor anyone else for 3 years.
If more than 3 years have passed and you are living in a common law relationship, you will be able to sponsor your common law partner.
Be prepared to send lots of proof though. Since you say you sponsored your husband then left after 90 days, you will be creating suspicion of marriage of convenience around one or perhaps both relationships.