+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPONSORED CHILD WHO RECEIVES SOCIAL ASSISTANCE OR WELFARE MONEY BEFORE THE MANDATED PERIOD.

jkari20

Apr 9, 2024
A SPONSORED CHILD WHO RECEIVES SOCIAL ASSISTANCE OR WELFARE MONEY BEFORE THE MANDATED PERIOD. WHAT IS THE SOLUTION TO THIS ISSUE IN CASE THE MOTHER WANTS TO SPONSOR A HUSBAND?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
A SPONSORED CHILD WHO RECEIVES SOCIAL ASSISTANCE OR WELFARE MONEY BEFORE THE MANDATED PERIOD. WHAT IS THE SOLUTION TO THIS ISSUE IN CASE THE MOTHER WANTS TO SPONSOR A HUSBAND?
Don’t yell. So mother is on welfare and wants to sponsor husband? Title makes no sense.

Reactions: YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
In case you are not a spammer... There are so many of those now...

Do you mean that the mother sponsored her dependent child and the child obtained social assistance? How can that happen?
Usually the child is part of the mother's family and the child cannot get social assistance unless the mother is also part of it.
Actually I double checked and the undertaking is until child is 25 years old. So that is possible.

Or do you mean you sponsored parents which include a dependent sibling and that sibling is now on social assistance (before the undertaking is over).

Whatever is the reason, the sponsor need to pay up the social assistance taken before she can sponsor anyone.

Last edited:

jkari20

Apr 9, 2024
Whatever is the reason, the sponsor need to pay up the social assistance taken before she can sponsor anyone.
That is the right answer to my question. The sponsored child received the social assistance without the mother knowing it. The child was bad so eventually, he wasrepatriated to the Carribean.
Question: the mother wants to pay of the debt so she could sponsor the new spouse. How is this debt defray by the mother? Please show me the process of paying off the debt. Which government institution administer such debt payment? Thanks

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
That is the right answer to my question. The sponsored child received the social assistance without the mother knowing it. The child was bad so eventually, he wasrepatriated to the Carribean.
Question: the mother wants to pay of the debt so she could sponsor the new spouse. How is this debt defray by the mother? Please show me the process of paying off the debt. Which government institution administer such debt payment? Thanks
A lot of the support is provincial. So may be contact social services of the child's province.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
The child isn't on welfare. The mother is. If she wants to sponsor a husband, she needs to get a job, get off welfare and prove she won't need it when the husband arrives. Time to start contributing.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
The child isn't on welfare. The mother is. If she wants to sponsor a husband, she needs to get a job, get off welfare and prove she won't need it when the husband arrives. Time to start contributing.
I believe it's possible if the child is over 22 years old and does not live with the mother.