+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor /work permit Spouse of International Student

obiwankenobi

Sep 8, 2017
Hello, i have a wife in my country, and im about to move to Canada as an international student, as far as i've read she can join me since, i can sponsor her or she can get a work permit, since im gonna be a full time student but, do i have to be a full time student in a public school or private schools ?? (like greystone college / ilacc international who offers 1 year diploma).

Last edited:

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello, i have a wife in my country, and im about to move to Canada as an international student, as far as i've read she can join me since, i can sponsor her or she can get a work permit, since im gonna be a full time student but, do i have to be a full time student in a public school or private schools ?? (ike greystone college / ilacc international who offers 1 year diploma).
Hi

You can't sponsor her. She can apply for an OWP based on your status as a student. It doesn't matter if you are in a private or public college. However, if you study at a private college, you will not get a PGWP.

obiwankenobi

Sep 8, 2017
i want to move to canada permanent, but for now i can only go as a student, i will save money, apply for a public school, then pgwp and then apply for permanent residence

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
i want to move to canada permanent, but for now i can only go as a student, i will save money, apply for a public school, then pgwp and then apply for permanent residence
Unless your spouse is highly skilled and is able to make a LOT of money while here (assuming she is approved for an OWP in the first place), realistically, you will not be able to save money while here. You will basically be throwing away whatever money you have saved now for nothing.