+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor spouse From India

sul

Jan 29, 2009
The problem is, I've sponsored my spouse in India. The application process is going on. Recently they asked me to send in my husband's pasport to New Delhi, however, It's been almost 2 months since we sent it (sent Dec 4).... and there is no word on the status. Normally what does this mean? I'm beginning to get worried. People said it'll take maximum 3 weeks....but it's not the case for me. Anyone with such previous experience can perhaps help me ?? Please ?
on the webiste, the status of the application is "in Process" but NO OTHER DESCRIPTION!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sul said:
The problem is, I've sponsored my spouse in India. The application process is going on. Recently they asked me to send in my husband's pasport to New Delhi, however, It's been almost 2 months since we sent it (sent Dec 4).... and there is no word on the status. Normally what does this mean? I'm beginning to get worried. People said it'll take maximum 3 weeks....but it's not the case for me. Anyone with such previous experience can perhaps help me ?? Please ?
on the webiste, the status of the application is "in Process" but NO OTHER DESCRIPTION!
Usually ND takes between 1& 2 months to issue the COPR once the passport has been requested. See: Trakitt http://www.trackitt.com/canada-immigration-trackers/family-class/

PMM

sul

Jan 29, 2009
PMM said:
Hi

sul said:
Usually ND takes between 1& 2 months to issue the COPR once the passport has been requested. See: Trakitt http://www.trackitt.com/canada-immigration-trackers/family-class/

PMM
Thank You....How does this website help ? Shall i add my case to the list also? It's going to be Feb already... and no word.

jambaloni

Star Member
Dec 23, 2008
PMM,

For Philippines I notice its 2 or 3 months. Is this time included in the time to process posted in the CIC website? So if it says 4-6 months, you add an additional 2 or 3 months on top of that?

Cheers

sul

Jan 29, 2009
What are the chances of delaying the stamping of visa in the passport?
They don't seem to answer any emails, does anyone know how to contact the office, where they actually ANSWER ?? Emails are not working !!!
PLEASE HELP

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sul
The New Delhi CHC doesn't accept phone calls. And they don't seem very good at answering emails. I wrote them over a month ago asking for clarification of a request that they sent and still haven't received a response. Maybe try a fax?? Or I have heard that there are certain hours that you can go in person. Maybe your husband should try this? But it sounds like it's still within the 1-2 month time frame so try not to worry. And remember that things would have been slower with the Christmas and New Year holiday.

CARL HOSEIN

Jan 28, 2009
[hi
I am Carl and I am licenced consulatant
I have few cases in High Comisison in New Delhi
New Delhi is one of the busiest Hgh Comission
Two months in not " delayed "
You will get a response.
Do not panic
Regards
Carl Hosein

PMM
[/quote]

sul

Jan 29, 2009
Thank you for all your information. Comparatively thinking, some other people got their passport back within 2 weeks or so. I was so concerned because, If i know why they are delaying maybe I can send in additional documents and information isn't it. Yeah.... 2 weeks I have been waiting for a reply, however, no luck!
.... I tried the trakit also... in fact I added my case to the website as well. ... How does this website help ?