+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor second wife-in this situation.

sidi

Nov 18, 2012
I am very much confused, to find the solution of my problem. Need help from this prestigious fourum .
My situation is described as below.
I married in Pakistan March 1986,and have five children, got immigration , landed in Canada April 2001, came back to Pakistan Feb 2005 divorced my wife in Pakistan but not mentioned that divorced in Canada Tax return 2006.
After that I got second marriage in August 2005 in Pakistan , born child In Pakistan July 2007,declared myself SEPRATED in tax return 2009 in Canada, became Canadian citizen in Oct ,2010,my second child born in March 2011 in Pakistan.
I want to sponsor my second wife and dependent children.
This will be highly appreciated if somebody will advise me about my eligibility to sponsor my wife and dependent children, what document have to gather and fill the sponsor forms etc……………...

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Dunno about your eligibility, but it sounds like you've committed tax fraud. Especially by saying you were separated when you weren't. You can't really dismiss that as an oversight.

You may want to contact a tax attorney before you even think about filing for your wife's PR to amend and correct your tax returns from the years they were wrong.

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You gotta love these cases where they go for their Canadian citizenship, but their entire life is in Pakistan.

Way to go Canada - keep 'em coming.. ::)

aerogurl87

Nov 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
Doc's Request.
12-02-13
AOR Received.
18-10-2012
Med's Done....
23-04-2012
Interview........
WAIVED!!!! :)
Passport Req..
12-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2013
LANDED..........
10-04-2013
Walt a second, so you moved to Canada and never brought your wife or five kids over with you. Then got divorced and remarried within a year. And on top of that, completely lied on your taxes?

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
I would like to know how you got your citizenship when you were spending time in Pakistan with your new wife and child. I thought you had to be physically present for 3 of the 4 years preceding your application for citizenship?

As for your eligibility, the previous posts have raised some questions that CIC will also ask themselves. As well, you will have a difficult time proving to them that you intend to reside in Canada (if you sponsor while living in Pakistan), since you haven't done much of that recently.

McDutch

Dec 20, 2011
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2012
AOR Received.
26-09-2012
File Transfer...
11-08-2012
Med's Done....
REDONE: 22-01-2013
LANDED..........
26-04-2013
Well, it looks like "rules" in general don't seem to apply to this gentleman.

Deficient

Feb 22, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
11/07/2012 [CSQ]
File Transfer...
08/06/2012
Med's Request
Signature has med furtherance details
Med's Done....
10/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
01/11/2012
Why is everybody on this guy's ass? He doesn't say his first wife stayed in Pakistan the whole time while he became a Canadian PR, all he says is that he ended up back there eventually and their divorce was filed in Pakistan.

I would have also thought it's possible to be separated with a spouse long before a divorce is granted so the idea this guy "remarried within a year" might not reflect the reality of his actual romantic situation.

Also, there's no actual indication that he hasn't been present in Canada for the required amount of time for citizenship (he seems to omit a few details here). He could have visited in Pakistan regularly over the four years preceding his citizenship application and still had the required number of days. Perhaps his whole life is in Pakistan since remarrying but that doesn't mean he can't try to take steps to maintain his status in Canada with a view to being there permanently again with his new family.

The only thing this guy has definitely done wrong is not declare his marital status correctly on his tax returns. The rest is everybody leaping to conclusions on limited information.

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
Tax problems set aside. I see NO reason why you cannot proceed with a sponsorship application at this time. With an up-to-date "Option C", am not so sure CIC would dig that up (your marital status inconsistencies from long ago), once your are an approved "sponsor", their focus now is set upon the 'applicant' (at least that's what I have learned here).

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
truesmile said:
Tax problems set aside. I see NO reason why you cannot proceed with a sponsorship application at this time. With an up-to-date "Option C", am not so sure CIC would dig that up (your marital status inconsistencies from long ago), once your are an approved "sponsor", their focus now is set upon the 'applicant' (at least that's what I have learned here).
I have to agree with that. It's still a good idea to fix your taxes. That will be hanging over you until it's done. Immigration probably won't catch it, but if they do, there are consequences from CIC and Revenue Canada.

As long as you are eligible to sponsor, this shouldn't be a problem.

A

achander

Looks like he was in Canada from Apr 2001 till Feb 2005 (that's more than 3 yrs) and he must have visited his wife in between, so he definitely satisfies the requirement for citizenship. But he definitely needs to get his taxes fixed.

On the same note, a lot of people milk the system. The system is not perfect and it probably will never be, but many of us including myself follow the rules and do it the right way and just seems like we suffer the most. India and Pakistan seem to be the countries where people love to milk the system, unfortunately that's just the way it is back there and NO, I'm not talking out of my ass because I am from India :)

aerogurl87

Nov 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
Doc's Request.
12-02-13
AOR Received.
18-10-2012
Med's Done....
23-04-2012
Interview........
WAIVED!!!! :)
Passport Req..
12-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2013
LANDED..........
10-04-2013
Deficient said:
Why is everybody on this guy's ass? He doesn't say his first wife stayed in Pakistan the whole time while he became a Canadian PR, all he says is that he ended up back there eventually and their divorce was filed in Pakistan.

I would have also thought it's possible to be separated with a spouse long before a divorce is granted so the idea this guy "remarried within a year" might not reflect the reality of his actual romantic situation.

Also, there's no actual indication that he hasn't been present in Canada for the required amount of time for citizenship (he seems to omit a few details here). He could have visited in Pakistan regularly over the four years preceding his citizenship application and still had the required number of days. Perhaps his whole life is in Pakistan since remarrying but that doesn't mean he can't try to take steps to maintain his status in Canada with a view to being there permanently again with his new family.

The only thing this guy has definitely done wrong is not declare his marital status correctly on his tax returns. The rest is everybody leaping to conclusions on limited information.
Things aren't adding up. I'm trying to figure out how this guy conviently forgot he was married for all this time when he was married to his second wife but claiming he was separated from the first one. All in all, this is a red flag in my opinion and I'm sure immigration would see it the same way.

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Deficient said:
When you've been around long enough, you tend to be able to spot the scammers with zero effort.

Deficient said:
No, that's the only thing he's ADMITTED to doing wrong. All of the other things are implied, especially if you read between the lines. And if I, as an ordinary Joe Citizen, can spot a scam from a mile away, believe me when I tell you that CIC can do it 10 times easier and 20 times faster. So when people are wondering why their applications need two or more years to be processed, it's precisely because of THESE kinds of cases.

Furthermore, look at the fact that he came to this "prestigious forum" (as he put it) asking for some much-needed help, and then never bothered to return to check for answers. Compare and contrast that to other people who are in the exact same situation, and are constantly monitoring the forums for replies and are actively engaging in discussions with those who are responding to them. When you put together all the facts of his post, combined with his seeming lack of interest, the whole thing reeks of a scam. I could certainly be wrong, but my gut instinct tells me otherwise.

Deficient

Feb 22, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
11/07/2012 [CSQ]
File Transfer...
08/06/2012
Med's Request
Signature has med furtherance details
Med's Done....
10/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
01/11/2012
tuyen said:
When you've been around long enough, you tend to be able to spot the scammers with zero effort.

No, that's the only thing he's ADMITTED to doing wrong. All of the other things are implied, especially if you read between the lines. And if I, as an ordinary Joe Citizen, can spot a scam from a mile away, believe me when I tell you that CIC can do it 10 times easier and 20 times faster. So when people are wondering why their applications need two or more years to be processed, it's precisely because of THESE kinds of cases.
I accept he perfectly well could be a scammer but I'm more of a 'benefit of the doubt' kind of person, I guess we'll just have to differ on that. Ultimately, it makes no difference to my life if this guy gets help from this forum for his application. He's paying the fees and he's the one who'll get likely refused in the end if he's trying to game the system.

Saying all that, you say "CIC can [spot a scam] 10 times easier" then why didn't they already when this guy filed his citizenship application? People are even casting doubt on his entitlement to citizenship here.

Maybe I'm just naive? Hypothetically, tax issues aside, what do you think is the exact immigration scam he is trying to pull off here? I'm not trying to be cute with you, I'm genuinely wondering.

tuyen said:
Furthermore, look at the fact that he came to this "prestigious forum" (as he put it) asking for some much-needed help, and then never bothered to return to check for answers. Compare and contrast that to other people who are in the exact same situation, and are constantly monitoring the forums for replies and are actively engaging in discussions with those who are responding to them. When you put together all the facts of his post, combined with his seeming lack of interest, the whole thing reeks of a scam. I could certainly be wrong, but my gut instinct tells me otherwise.
I probably wouldn't bother coming back either if I got this level of hostility, but that's just me! I just get a bit :eek: when I see everybody go off at somebody on the internet. I know some people have strong feelings about protecting their country from scammers, though, and some feel a sense of injustice that the scammers make things so hard for the legit applicants, so I guess I can kind of understand.

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Deficient said:
Saying all that, you say "CIC can [spot a scam] 10 times easier" then why didn't they already when this guy filed his citizenship application?
Probably because for his first immigration scam, he was able to provide all the necessary proof to satisfy CIC that everything was on the level.

Deficient said:
People are even casting doubt on his entitlement to citizenship here.
I'm one of those people.
He didn't provide any details, but from what he DID provide, I've got red flags going up all over the place. First of all, he said he landed in Canada in 2001. Okay, so how did he get here? Work visa? Spousal visa? All we know is he got married in 1986 in Pakistan, and then magically he arrives in Canada 15 years later in 2001. On top of that, I think it's fair to say that in the vast majority of cases, when a person arrives as a permanent resident, they apply for their citizenship at their earliest possible date of eligibility. In his particular case, he got it 9 years later. Why?

Deficient said:
Maybe I'm just naive? Hypothetically, tax issues aside, what do you think is the exact immigration scam he is trying to pull off here? I'm not trying to be cute with you, I'm genuinely wondering.
Hypothetically...he attained his Canadian citizenship merely as a status symbol. This is fairly common throughout the middle east, especially for men, who have zero intention of living in Canada. Why do you think CIC insists that sponsorship applicants prove their intention to return to Canada when they apply from outside the country? It's specifically because of those cases where people apply for permanent residency outside of Canada and have no intention of ever living in Canada. There's also the other possibility (which CIC and CSIS are far more concerned about) whereby terrorists obtain Canadian citizenship and then are able to travel freely around the world on a Canadian passport with virtually zero scrutiny.

Deficient said:
I probably wouldn't bother coming back either if I got this level of hostility, but that's just me!
The thing is, he never even SAW the hostility because he hasn't been back. That was my point, that he made his post and never bothered coming back to check for replies.

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
I raised the question about citizenship, because of what was written in the post. That he returned to Pakistan in 2005, and everything after that was in Pakistan, marriage, 2 kids, with the exception of filing taxes (incorrectly) and getting his citizenship. He makes no mention of his life in Canada after 2005, which is why I asked.

The fact that his life is almost entirely in Pakistan will make it very difficult to prove to CIC that he intends to reside in Canada after the sponsorship is complete. So from a sponsorship standpoint, that will be one issue that would need to be addressed.