+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor parents without a deprndant

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Would you please explain what requirements?
Permanent residency is not a visitor visa. It is for people who want to permanently reside in Canada.

Someone granted permanent residency must live in Canada for 730 days out of every five years. That's two years out of five. If they do not, they will have their PR revoked.

It sounds like you want your parents to just be able to visit frequently, not live in Canada.

Reactions: YVR123

supreme

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
It a previous posting you had mentioned your brother is 40, but has the mental capacity of a 10 year old , that is far from a mild disability
Also mentioned that if something was to happen to your parents you’d have to leave and go back to take care of him
Probably should be a wee bit more forthcoming on the details , so you can receive accurate answers for your questions
Yes, still hard to explain because even his own parents don’t know what’s wrong with him. He does have a physical mild disability, one hand in injured. He is a smart person but lacks in some aspects of life. He can easily be manupilated, if someone asks for money he might give the money he has( that’s why I mentioned he is like a 10 year old) The whole problem is he has no medical paper indicating that he has mild developmental delay.

supreme

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
Permanent residency is not a visitor visa. It is for people who want to permanently reside in Canada.

Someone granted permanent residency must live in Canada for 730 days out of every five years. That's two years out of five. If they do not, they will have their PR revoked.

It sounds like you want your parents to just be able to visit frequently, not live in Canada.
I see. This is something that slipped my mind.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Yes, still hard to explain because even his own parents don’t know what’s wrong with him. He does have a physical mild disability, one hand in injured. He is a smart person but lacks in some aspects of life. He can easily be manupilated, if someone asks for money he might give the money he has( that’s why I mentioned he is like a 10 year old) The whole problem is he has no medical paper indicating that he has mild developmental delay.
So he’s 40, and no one has taken him to a doctor for an assessment??
Nothing, in 40 years ?

supreme

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
So he’s 40, and no one has taken him to a doctor for an assessment??
Nothing, in 40 years ?
He is really smart, if you talk to him you won’t see anythibn wrong. But the thing is that my parents always supervised him and kept him in a bubble, now go and explain that to doctors that he cannot do this or that because of the way he has been raised. Maybe if he was here in Canada, the doctors would have cariied out a more detailed examination.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I see. This is something that slipped my mind.
So in this case, you may want to explore Super Visa in stead of sponsorship?

Meeting RO is important for a PR. And if they don't live in a province enough time of a year, they won't qualify for the provincial healthcare anyway.

supreme

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
Honestly, I find it hard to believe that the "permanent resident" part of PR slipped your mind.

You are probably thinking Super Visa.
Believe it or not but yeah it slipped my mind. Otherwise I wouldn’t have applied in January. I thought they would get their PR and go back home.

supreme

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
So in this case, you may want to explore Super Visa in stead of sponsorship?

Meeting RO is important for a PR. And if they don't live in a province enough time of a year, they won't qualify for the provincial healthcare anyway.
Not even a Super Visa, I need them less than 6 months here

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
That's the exact opposite of what PR is for. Applications like yours are why people who legitimately want to be together - like husband and wife - must be separated for a year or more while IRCC determines if they actually intend to live in Canada.

:(

Reactions: YVR123