+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor from Pakistan

kman

Nov 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I have tried searching the forum but couldn't find any particular information regarding this scenario: I am InshAllah going to marry a girl who resides in Lahore, Pakistan by the end of March 2012. Since we have three months in between, I am considering doing Nikaah over the phone to at least get the marriage registered and gather all the necessary documents. I am hoping this way when I get the Rukshati/Valima done in March, I can come back to Canada and apply right away as opposed to waiting another month/month and a half to get the paper work prepared.

Let me know what you guys think about this approach. I do realize Nikaah over the phone is discouraged but that is also based on the fact if you apply for sponsorship right after without any particular proof of the Rukshati/Valima (couple being together physically).

Much appreciated.

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
Asak,

Though my VO is New Delhi, Im a frequent visitor of the Pakistan thread and have some idea how things work with CHC-Islamabad. I would strongly recommend that you do not have a Nikah over the phone, and that you have your Nikah, Valima, Rukhsati, the works. done all at one time when you visit Pakistan. Moreover, it does not take much time to register your marriage and get a marriage certificate. So getting the paperwork ready is not really a problem.

Make sure you are already collecting all kinds of proof from now itself. Phone records, chat records, emails, facebook evidences, gifts exchanged etc. You seem proactive in your approach, so I suppose you are doing all of that right now. In case you arent, I suggest you get down to business ;D

Simple, open and shut cases take easily upto 16-18 months, so you might not want to squeeze in a Nikah-over-phone in the middle of it all and complicate things for yourself.

I also suggest you read through these threads to get an idea of the whole thing. It has people who applied to CHC-ISB.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/chc-islamabad-spouse-sponsorship-timeline-2009-2010-t28775.43275.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/chc-islamabad-spouse-sponsorship-timeline-2011-2012-t63735.2370.html

Hope this helps. All the best! :)

Shamsia.

humpakwatankaylog

Nov 4, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kman said:
Hi All,

I have tried searching the forum but couldn't find any particular information regarding this scenario: I am InshAllah going to marry a girl who resides in Lahore, Pakistan by the end of March 2012. Since we have three months in between, I am considering doing Nikaah over the phone to at least get the marriage registered and gather all the necessary documents. I am hoping this way when I get the Rukshati/Valima done in March, I can come back to Canada and apply right away as opposed to waiting another month/month and a half to get the paper work prepared.

Let me know what you guys think about this approach. I do realize Nikaah over the phone is discouraged but that is also based on the fact if you apply for sponsorship right after without any particular proof of the Rukshati/Valima (couple being together physically).

Much appreciated.
As Shamsia said ..nikah is fine but shortly after the rukhsati you got to provide a lot of the updated proofs of contacts and proof of rukhsati, visits etc to avoid going into an objection or interview queue(which btw takes 1 year at ISB plus the processing time of 26 months). Those thread links shamsia provided have have many many nikah cases that can help you out.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Don't do it over the phone. Yes, people who have, have gotten the PR, but it will complicate the case, make it take longer, will probably be grounds for an interview, and may lead to rejection. You'd win the appeal, but all of this takes a lot of time. Much faster in the long run to just do all the ceremonies in person.