+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor applies outland and then moves back before partner

Sunny6y6

Mar 18, 2010
Hello everyone,

First of all excuse me if this is a repeat question. I researched and couldn't find the answer, although my head is spinning with massive amounts of info so this could be the reason.

I am a Canadian who has been living in Italy for 2.5 years and living with my Common Law partner for almost 2 years. We have decided to move to Canada and have been preparing the application for 2 weeks. It is overwhelming for us both because we went in totally blind and having no experience in this sort of thing, I thought it would be easier.

In any case I am applying Outland BUT I want to move back to Canada to secure a job and apartment ect. so everything is ready for us. I have already started applying and had some interviews. We didn't realize until last week it could take up to a year to receive his PR. And at this point we already started planning. I was planning to go in May and we are planning on sending the application At the end of March. Although I am lookingg at changing my flight to July now....we don't want to be apart longer than 3 months.

1. Am I able to do this? Apply Outland and move back with out my partner and wait? Will it jeopardize our application?
We don't want him to quit his job and move to Canada to do nothing as he is a working professional but at the same time we want to be prepared to move when his application goes through.

Many thanks:)

C

fallenstar831

Nov 8, 2009
St. Catharines, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2009
File Transfer...
22-12-2009
Med's Done....
12-11-2009
Passport Req..
02-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
02-22-2010
LANDED..........
03-25-2010
As long as you are a Canadian citizen this is totally fine.

LOUIE_1981

Mar 10, 2010
I am in the same situation more or less, been living in spain with my wife for 3 years have almost my application finished, need photos and passaport photos criminal records, thats about it, owe and the money who can forget that....lol

so just to be sure i am sponsoring my wife outbound so i can leave spain before the application has been approved? to have everything ready back home in canada? just want to make sure, and just another question since i been living in spain for 3 years do i need my opcion c printout?

thanks alot

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
LOUIE_1981 said:
so just to be sure i am sponsoring my wife outbound so i can leave spain before the application has been approved? to have everything ready back home in canada? just want to make sure,
It is even better if you do move back to Canada first, because if the sponsor is living outside Canada, one thing you have to prove is that you will move back to Canada. Having already done so will help.

Sunny6y6

Mar 18, 2010
just want to make sure, and just another question since i been living in spain for 3 years do i need my opcion c printout?

No you don't but you do have to provide a letter of explanation of why you aren't including an Option C and evidence (i.e pay stubs) of work in Spain. See the check list (Sponsor Supporting documents), it explains it there. :)