+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor A spoue.

kmohan1985

Dec 23, 2012
Hi,

I am working and residing in canada since last 2 years and came from INDIA. I applied PR under federal skilled worker. My PR is under process, I received medical forms and I am going to send medical soon.

Also, I applied AINP under Employee driven scheme. It is also under process. my work permit is going to expire on may 1st 2014.

Now, I am planning to get marry and sponsor my spouse to Canada. I would like to know, After my PR approved can I bring my spouse here? or better extend my working permit using AINP and sponsor my wife to Canada?

Please advise me anyone!!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
If you marry before you become a PR, you MUST add your spouse to your PR application, regardless of the way that you are applying for PR. You must not land as "single" if in fact you are married.

If you marry AFTER becoming a PR, you can sponsor your spouse as a member of the Family Class.

You cannot "sponsor" a spouse until you are a "landed" PR.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is up to you.

You can get married now and apply for your wife's open work permit based on your permit. This would allow her to join you right away. You would also have to add her to your PR application if you marry before you land as a PR. You would then both get your PR together.

Your other option would be to wait until you get your PR, land as a PR, then get married and apply to sponsor your wife for PR. As the wife of a PR, she would not be eligible for an open work permit same as the wife of a TFW so she would have to stay in India or at most, she might be able to join you on a visit visa if she gets one. The processing time in India is not very long. She might have her PR in a few months.