+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

sponsership for dependant children!

tegveer

Star Member
Aug 15, 2009
Hi guys!
So does the dependent child have to meet the criteria when the application is submitted in Canada only, or he have to be dependant throughout the the processing of application and at time of issuance of visa?
In my case of a full time student above 22, do I have to enrolled in full time studies at time of applying to sponser in Canada or throughout the processing till the issuance of visa(considering it takes about 8 months for processing)?????

In both the guide to sponsership and immigrating, I found this :-

Note: Dependent children must meet the above requirements on the day the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC-M) receives a complete application. Whether or not they have attained the age of 22, children falling under type A must not be married or be involved in a common-law relationship at the time of visa issuance and when they enter Canada.

here's the link :-
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3900ETOC.asp#3900E2

So I am guessing I'll have to meet the requirement only at the time of submitting the application????

Thanks guys and sorry for such a lengthy post!

GetUsHome

Star Member
Mar 24, 2011
If you are over 22 when you apply then you need to stay in school and be financially dependent on your parents.

tegveer

Star Member
Aug 15, 2009
GetUsHome said:
If you are over 22 when you apply then you need to stay in school and be financially dependent on your parents.
Do I have to meet this requirement throughout the processing time of the application till the issuance of visa????