+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Speed up Oath Ceremony

ps13ds

Aug 1, 2017
Hello All,

i appeared and clear my citizenship exam on may 30,2018 in Calgary. I am talking to a prospective employer south of the border. He wants me to join him on July 1,2018. i suspect that i won't be getting oath ceremony before that. What can i do to speed this oath ceremony invitation from CIC? i just checked my ECAS access and its still in process. I won't get another opportunity like this to work in my dream job. Any one with any kind of information to help me would be appreciated.

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
Hello All,

i appeared and clear my citizenship exam on may 30,2018 in Calgary. I am talking to a prospective employer south of the border. He wants me to join him on July 1,2018. i suspect that i won't be getting oath ceremony before that. What can i do to speed this oath ceremony invitation from CIC? i just checked my ECAS access and its still in process. I won't get another opportunity like this to work in my dream job. Any one with any kind of information to help me would be appreciated.
You can start working and when the invite comes you come back participate and that's it

You can try urgent processing but i don't think your case fits the criteria

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
The issue is that i have to apply for TN visa and that can only happen after i get my passport.
o apply for urgent processing, you must be eligible to apply for citizenship and have an emergency, such as:

• needing Canadian citizenship to:
    • apply for a job
    • avoid losing your job
    • go to a Canadian school, college or university
  • needing to travel because of death or serious illness in your family and you can’t get a passport in your current nationality
  • receiving a successful Federal Court decision on an appeal on a previous application for citizenship
So you fits the criteria "apply for a job"

You can try to apply for urgent processing. That's your only solution

But even if you apply odds are very low that you do oath before 1st of july it's very soon

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
o apply for urgent processing, you must be eligible to apply for citizenship and have an emergency, such as:

• needing Canadian citizenship to:
    • apply for a job
    • avoid losing your job
    • go to a Canadian school, college or university
  • needing to travel because of death or serious illness in your family and you can’t get a passport in your current nationality
  • receiving a successful Federal Court decision on an appeal on a previous application for citizenship
So you fits the criteria "apply for a job"

You can try to apply for urgent processing. That's your only solution

But even if you apply odds are very low that you do oath before 1st of july it's very soon
Highly doubt that applying for a job outside of Canada will qualify you for urgent processing......

Quiches

Star Member
Nov 26, 2017
Damm.....there goes my dream job for a toss.....:-(
Instead of a TN visa, can you maybe try for a H1-B or a O visa on your current passport?
H1-B is more realistic and commonly granted for people who have a U.S. employer. Don't let your dream job get away.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Instead of a TN visa, can you maybe try for a H1-B or a O visa on your current passport?
H1-B is more realistic and commonly granted for people who have a U.S. employer. Don't let your dream job get away.
H1b lottery already finished back in April , there is no quota left for this year

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
The issue is that i have to apply for TN visa and that can only happen after i get my passport.
Calgary office is generally fast, so it shouldn't be a long wait for Oath once you reach Decision Made, but since you are still "In Process", it could mean the officer didn't update your status online yet, or your background checks aren't completed.

If i were you, i'd try to discuss with your potential employer, explain the situation and negotiate some more time. Its better to be transparent..than commit to a date you can't make/or give up too soon.

With that said though, you should have had a chat with the officer during your interview to understand when your oath would be, and if there's an opportunity to expedite

ps13ds

Aug 1, 2017
Hello All,

I just got Decision Made in ECAS. looks like i might get what i want. Thank you all for your input. Plus, i emailed local CIC office as well, explaining my situation. i will be working both in Canada and USA , so let see how it goes. I will keep you all updated. Cheers to all !!!

Reactions: emamabd

uncomfortable

May 11, 2017
With that said though, you should have had a chat with the officer during your interview to understand when your oath would be, and if there's an opportunity to expedite
That doesn't necessarily help that much - I asked quite a few questions about the oath, including if it was possible to have it in another city if that was going to speed up things: all I got was that the oath was bound to be in "3 to 5 months" and that any time gained by trying to move the oath to a quicker city would be likely offset by the delay in having to transfer the file.
Not much help there.

Sallybe1

Apr 11, 2018
Hello All,

I just got Decision Made in ECAS. looks like i might get what i want. Thank you all for your input. Plus, i emailed local CIC office as well, explaining my situation. i will be working both in Canada and USA , so let see how it goes. I will keep you all updated. Cheers to all !!!
Hello,

Did they accept your fast processing? I am about to ask for the same and my status is also decision made so I would appreciate hearing about your experience. Thank you

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Highly doubt that applying for a job outside of Canada will qualify you for urgent processing......
Unless the job is for a Canadian government position posted abroad...

anustays

Star Member
Jan 29, 2014
Hi there, i m about to apply for my citizenship n want to do the same. Could u help me with the understanding of this fast processing of citizenship application? I m in toronto right now and have heard about long wait times before u actually cud b a citizen. Can i apply in calgary to get it faster?
Congrats on landing ur dreAm job btw! Hopefully by now u must already be enjoying there!
Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance. God bless u.