+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP with job offer

Prince2541

Jun 4, 2023
hello

my wife is on work permit in Canada while I am in India.

I like to know does my chances of getting Spouse Open Work Permit increase if i have a job offer in Canada (without LMIA)?

Thanks

FraKra

Nov 7, 2023
Québec
Category........
FAM
hello

I like to know does my chances of getting Spouse Open Work Permit increase if i have a job offer in Canada (without LMIA)?

Thanks
If you are outside canada you will need an LMIA. Only if you are inside canada you can apply without an LMIA

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
hello

Thanks
Not really. Job offer can easily be rescinded without LMIA.

Adejimi25

Star Member
Oct 5, 2023
hello

Thanks
You do not have to get a job offer. Your chances are high if your wife has at least 2 years on her work permit before you apply, also if your proposed career is in either NOC 0, 1,2 and 3 which should be mentioned in your supporting letter

Prince2541

Jun 4, 2023
You do not have to get a job offer. Your chances are high if your wife has at least 2 years on her work permit before you apply, also if your proposed career is in either NOC 0, 1,2 and 3 which should be mentioned in your supporting letter
thank for the reply

Yes she has a 2 year work permit and her NOC category is 1 and so is mine. We both have a same occupation and more or less similar qualifications.

Its just that I have read on this forum that spouse visa is generally denied on 3 grounds:
1. Proof of Marriage
2. Funds
3. Spouse's ability to get a work in Canada

We have a kid together and married for 6 years. I have CAD 40000 in liquid and CAD 120000 in fixed assets.
So i was trying to cover the last ground of refusal also by finding employment before applying.

Prince2541

Jun 4, 2023
If you are outside canada you will need an LMIA. Only if you are inside canada you can apply without an LMIA
I guess that for spousal work permit, LMIA isnt a consideration because showing job offer itself is not an essential requirement for this visa.