+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP, Spousal Sponsorship, Inland application 2023 LATEST PROGRESS

vivianroy

Jul 18, 2019
Many of us have questions regarding the spousal sponsorship process, I know I did. Especially when one partner is Canadian and the other is a Foreigner. Here is my two cents as an Indian Passport holder being sponsored by my Canadian Common-law partner.

Background: Came as a student in 2019. Then applied for Visitor Record in 2023 July. (got approved in August 2023)

Applied on 26th July 2023
AOR received on 12th Sept 2023
Along with AOR I received a letter saying I haven't submitted Additional Family Information form (Although I did submit it) I had to resubmit that form on the same day
Biometric Instruction letter received on 26th Sept 2023
Biometric completed on 11th Oct 2023 (didn't get an earlier appointment with Service Ontario)
Pre-arrival letter received on 17th Oct 2023
Spousal Work Permit approved on 24th Oct 2023 (I had applied for SOWP on 27th July 2023)
Eligibility Decision Letter (PASSED) received on 26th Oct 2023. (Both my partner and I received this letter)

That's where I am at now. You can send your questions I can try to answer them, may be I'll get some of mine answered too in the process.

PoojaP17

Nov 10, 2023
Many of us have questions regarding the spousal sponsorship process, I know I did. Especially when one partner is Canadian and the other is a Foreigner. Here is my two cents as an Indian Passport holder being sponsored by my Canadian Common-law partner.

Background: Came as a student in 2019. Then applied for Visitor Record in 2023 July. (got approved in August 2023)

Applied on 26th July 2023
AOR received on 12th Sept 2023
Along with AOR I received a letter saying I haven't submitted Additional Family Information form (Although I did submit it) I had to resubmit that form on the same day
Biometric Instruction letter received on 26th Sept 2023
Biometric completed on 11th Oct 2023 (didn't get an earlier appointment with Service Ontario)
Pre-arrival letter received on 17th Oct 2023
Spousal Work Permit approved on 24th Oct 2023 (I had applied for SOWP on 27th July 2023)
Eligibility Decision Letter (PASSED) received on 26th Oct 2023. (Both my partner and I received this letter)

That's where I am at now. You can send your questions I can try to answer them, may be I'll get some of mine answered too in the process.
Did you receive any update on WP before it got approved?
Like eligibility or background in-progress/completed?
My husband has sponsered me, he is a PR.
I am on Visitor visa.

I submitted on 17th August along with the PR application using a representative.
Medical and biometrics are coming as completed/ not needed
Background is in progress and eligibility not started.

Eligibility for PR also has not started yet.

vivianroy

Jul 18, 2019
Yes I received a correspondence letter (basically Biometric Validation letter). The day after I received approval for work permit. Did you get any updates?

k.molly.kim

Sep 27, 2023
Thanks for sharing your detail. I submitted mine in March and still didn't receive my decision. I got my MP to contact the IRCC and found out they can't find my application and have lost my application. Still doing follow ups through MP's office to get it located but at this point my ECOPR will come out faster. (My P2 is september 24)

vivianroy

Jul 18, 2019
Thanks for sharing your detail. I submitted mine in March and still didn't receive my decision. I got my MP to contact the IRCC and found out they can't find my application and have lost my application. Still doing follow ups through MP's office to get it located but at this point my ECOPR will come out faster. (My P2 is september 24)
OMG!! Please elaborate. What is an MP? and will it help your application come faster? how though?

vivianroy

Jul 18, 2019
So, this very morning I received a letter from IRCC saying I have to pay for Right to Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) which I had already done back in July 2023 when I submitted the application AND submitted them the receipt of it. Anyway, I resubmitted the receipt today and called Immigration to have them acknowledge that thye have received the same. I got so scared this morning. Hopefully it's a good sign that they are close to finalising my application. I also checked my application tracker it says my background check has been completed and passed.

Reactions: murmur_of_raven

PoojaP17

Nov 10, 2023
So, this very morning I received a letter from IRCC saying I have to pay for Right to Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) which I had already done back in July 2023 when I submitted the application AND submitted them the receipt of it. Anyway, I resubmitted the receipt today and called Immigration to have them acknowledge that thye have received the same. I got so scared this morning. Hopefully it's a good sign that they are close to finalising my application. I also checked my application tracker it says my background check has been completed and passed.
What i have got to know is if the biometric fees are not submitted or something like this, they use the money submitted for RPRF. Later on when they are about to make a decision,they ask you to pay for it.
No issues should be there, it is a good sign that you are close to the decision.

Jax01

Jan 15, 2024
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
07 oct 2023
AOR Received.
07 nov
File Transfer...
12 January 2024
Med's Request
23 nov 2023
Med's Done....
29 nov 2023
Hello all,

I have submitted inland spousal application. Here’s the time line:

Submitted on oct 06, 2023
AOR Received on nov 07, 2023
BIL received on nov 22, 2023
BIL completed on nov 23, 2023
Medical completed on Nov 29, 2023
Back ground check in process nov 22, 2023
Eligibility in progress since 12 jan 2024
File transferred to Etobicoke on 12 Jan 2024

Anybody have similar timeline please let me know if any undated has been received.

Aug 3, 2023
Hello all,

I have submitted inland spousal application. Here’s the time line:

Submitted on oct 06, 2023
AOR Received on nov 07, 2023
BIL received on nov 22, 2023
BIL completed on nov 23, 2023
Medical completed on Nov 29, 2023
Eligibility in progress since 12 jan 2024
File transferred to Etobicoke on 12 Jan 2024

Anybody have similar timeline please let me know if any undated has been received.
We are close to your submission timeline:

Submitted on oct 9, 2023
AOR Received on nov 7, 2023
BIL received on nov 23, 2023
BIL completed on nov 29, 2023
Medical received on Nov 24, 2023
Medical in progress since Dec 2, 2023 (completed in Aug 2023, prior to submission - did contact IRCC reminding them of the medical already having been completed
Eligibility completed Dec 5, 2023

I’m particularly interested in your timeline, since we submitted very close together in time, & they have been processing different parts of it in comparison.

feel free to tag me on any of your timeline posts, if you want

good luck!!

vivianroy

Jul 18, 2019
We are close to your submission timeline:

Submitted on oct 9, 2023
AOR Received on nov 7, 2023
BIL received on nov 23, 2023
BIL completed on nov 29, 2023
Medical received on Nov 24, 2023
Medical in progress since Dec 2, 2023 (completed in Aug 2023, prior to submission - did contact IRCC reminding them of the medical already having been completed
Eligibility completed Dec 5, 2023

I’m particularly interested in your timeline, since we submitted very close together in time, & they have been processing different parts of it in comparison.

feel free to tag me on any of your timeline posts, if you want

good luck!!
That seems great! So did you receive your Spousal Open Work Permit? Because Eligibility Passed means First Stage Approval.

vivianroy

Jul 18, 2019
What i have got to know is if the biometric fees are not submitted or something like this, they use the money submitted for RPRF. Later on when they are about to make a decision,they ask you to pay for it.
No issues should be there, it is a good sign that you are close to the decision.
Hi Pooja, So the very day I called IRCC and while they were on the phone I uploaded my receipt for the RPRF paid back in July 2023 and asked them to check if that's the one, the agent was nice and patient and he acknowledged it over the phone that it was the correct receipt they were looking for and said that at this time I don't have to upload anymore documents, just wait for the decision.

Reactions: PoojaP17